2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    640k is all you will ever need. - Bill Gates 1981
    BrianJewett
  • Reply 22 of 28
    maltzmaltz Posts: 454member
    maltz said:
    Capacities below 128GB seem to be particularly problematic.

I assume that's supposed to be 128MB?
    Nope.

Thanks for the clarification.  I made that assumption because the problem showing up primarily in "older" cards and <128GB cards  seems contradictory.  (Though I admit that 128MB seemed TOO old to show up as a common problem.)  I would speculate that the vast majority of cards sold even today are <128GB, considering the cards that come with many products and the distribution of stock on store shelves last time I looked.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    crowley said:
    Yeah, I've seen this.  Formatted the SD using this MacBook Pro, but sometimes it just doesn't see it.
    This is not informative. lol
    So, "formatted the SD using the MBP and it burst into flames" ... would that be informative?  :smile: 
    I've heard of it not being mounted, or showing up with super-slow transfer speeds ... >frustrating<

• Reply 24 of 28
    Not an easy topic to answer.
    My larger capacity USB 3.0 memory sticks with FAT 32 file system are working, but very slow.

I tired to convert a 32GB memory stick to APFS, but it immediately failed.

This is truely frustrating.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    • @auxio    What is a "better hub"?  Seriously, I'm confused about the available USB-C hubs and which will work or won't.  It seems like a real crap shoot.  Prices range from $40 - $360
  • Reply 26 of 28
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,728member
    MacCat20 said:
    • @auxio    What is a "better hub"?  Seriously, I'm confused about the available USB-C hubs and which will work or won't.  It seems like a real crap shoot.  Prices range from $40 - $360
    @MacCat20 Just saw this comment.  It's impossible to know for certain, but generally I stick with the ones which are listed in the Accessories section on the Apple website since they've typically gone through compatibility testing or certification from Apple.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    I'm having issues with my 14" M1 Pro and a small capacity SD card.  It mounts, I can see the files, but copying or moving them fails.  I'm going to try an external reader if I can.