Apple releases iOS 15.3.1, iPadOS 15.3.1, watchOS 8.4.2, macOS 12.2.1 with bug fixes

Posted:
in iOS edited February 2022
Apple has released iOS 15.3.1, iPadOS 15.3.1, watchOS 8.4.2, and macOS 12.2.1 with bug fixes and security fixes, including a patch for a flaw that may have been actively exploited.

New iOS, iPadOS, watchOS and macOS public release
New iOS, iPadOS, watchOS and macOS public release

The release notes of each operating system note the usual bug fixes and performance enhancements that come with minor releases. Though, iOS 15.3.1 also includes a fix for Braille displays that may stop responding. Users can wait to be prompted to update, or check out Software Update in the Settings app.

The build number for iOS 15.3 and iPadOS 15.3 is 19D52, up from 19D50. The build number for watchOS 8.4.2 is 19S553, up from 19S550. The build number for macOS 12.2.1 is 21D62, up from 21D49.

This is the first set of updates since January 26 for iOS, iPadOS, and macOS which focused on bug fixes and stability. watchOS 8.4.1 was released on February 1.

There are no user-facing features in these recent releases, however the current developer betas promise a new version of Face ID with mask unlock and Universal Control.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Mac OS 12.21 appears to fix Bluetooth sleep problem.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    After the watch update my AW screen is now not responsive.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 3 of 11
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 933member
     Both  iPhone 13 pro max  and iPad 12.9” updates were fast and easy. For security they’re the more critical devices. 
    edited February 2022 macplusplus
  • Reply 4 of 11
    And after the watchOS 8.4.2 update, the Unity Lights face is borked; all black except for a white second hand, can't make out anything else.
    williamlondonmarcus1983
  • Reply 5 of 11
    I had to unpair my watch. Watch face was not responsive. After pairing again i could not use the backup. I had to setup the watch as new. Now it works. Also all Macs and IOS Devs.
    williamlondonHank2.0
  • Reply 6 of 11

One thing I found this update does, before the update when I would make a new note on my m1 Air it wouldn't show up on my iPhone but since the update it now shows up on my iPhone.

So happy for this update
  • Reply 7 of 11
    I have a 12.9" iPad Pro (2015 Model) running 15.1 ... when I select Software Update within Settings -> General, it shows Checking for Updates for a second and then "crashes" and dumps me out to iOS Home Page ... anyone else experiencing similar behavior?

edited February 2022
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Not sure, but I think macOS 12.2.1 may have introduced a bug in Bonjour on Apple Silicon Macs.

My 2021 MacBook Pro (Verne-MBP16) doesn't appear in the Finder sidebar on either my 2017 or 2020 iMac 5K under Locations, though it can be connected via SMB: in Connect to Server. Unfortunately, I don't know the prefix to use to connect to Screen Sharing.

All three Macs are running 12.2.1, and the Intel iMacs can see each other, but the MacBook Pro can't see either of the iMacs. I've put in a report via Feedback Assistant.

My home network is on a Wifi 6 mesh - the MBP and 2020 iMac are on the office satellite connected via ethernet and the 2017 iMac is on the living room satellite connected via Wifi. The network is flattened into a single 192.168.1.0/24 subnet whether they're on Wifi or ethernet. I am running Murus Pro on all three, but even turning off PF on the MBP doesn't make the MBP visible on the iMacs, nor does it make the iMacs visible on the MBP.

Have Apple Silicon Macs disappeared from anyone else's Finder sidebar?
  • Reply 9 of 11
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    apollak said:
    After the watch update my AW screen is now not responsive.
    Mine is perfectly okay. So I cancel you out.. So there.

Also released were Safari 15 updates for Catalina and Big Sur.
    edited February 2022
  • Reply 10 of 11
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,728member
    Not sure, but I think macOS 12.2.1 may have introduced a bug in Bonjour on Apple Silicon Macs.

My 2021 MacBook Pro (Verne-MBP16) doesn't appear in the Finder sidebar on either my 2017 or 2020 iMac 5K under Locations, though it can be connected via SMB: in Connect to Server. Unfortunately, I don't know the prefix to use to connect to Screen Sharing.

All three Macs are running 12.2.1, and the Intel iMacs can see each other, but the MacBook Pro can't see either of the iMacs. I've put in a report via Feedback Assistant.

My home network is on a Wifi 6 mesh - the MBP and 2020 iMac are on the office satellite connected via ethernet and the 2017 iMac is on the living room satellite connected via Wifi. The network is flattened into a single 192.168.1.0/24 subnet whether they're on Wifi or ethernet. I am running Murus Pro on all three, but even turning off PF on the MBP doesn't make the MBP visible on the iMacs, nor does it make the iMacs visible on the MBP.

Have Apple Silicon Macs disappeared from anyone else's Finder sidebar?
    My 2014 Intel Mac Mini can see my 2020 ASi MBP (both running 12.2.1).  I'm using Finder -> Locations -> Network to browse the devices on my network.

As for manually connecting via screen sharing, this is what I use: Finder -> Command-K -> vnc://<device name>.local

• Reply 11 of 11
    apollak said:
    I had to unpair my watch. Watch face was not responsive. After pairing again i could not use the backup. I had to setup the watch as new. Now it works. Also all Macs and IOS Devs.
    This is why I don't update my stuff until I've read the forum posts for a couple of days.
    And let me say how much I appreciate you folks on the bleeding edge of technology.  ;)