iTunes 12.12.6 for Windows adds M2 iPad Pro support

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple has released an update for iTunes for Windows, with version 12.12.6 adding support for inbound new iPad models, among other changes.

Available as part of a number of software updates released by Apple on Monday, the update for iTunes for Windows brings the music app up to version 12.12.6. The update is available to all iTunes users running on Windows.

The update offers behind-the-scenes changes to users, including various security and performance improvements. The app also adds support for new iPads, such as the M2-equipped iPad Pro, which will be available on October 26.

Owners of the new iPad Pro will need to update iTunes to be able to properly use their new tablets with the Windows software, such as for performing updates and backing up.

Users can download the latest edition of iTunes for Windows from the Microsoft store, as well as from Apple directly.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,286member
    JP234 said:
    I don't get it. Why does this update for Windows have support for iPads? Are there unfortunate people who need to use their iPads with Windows? So sad...

For adding the new iPads from backups stored on the computer.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    mike1 said:
    JP234 said:
    I don't get it. Why does this update for Windows have support for iPads? Are there unfortunate people who need to use their iPads with Windows? So sad...

Also, for people who have music in iTunes from CDs that they haven stored on a Windows machine.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    genovellegenovelle Posts: 1,480member
    JP234 said:
    mike1 said:
    JP234 said:

You mean a Windows computer? Why would a Windows user want an iPad instead of a Surface?
    They want a tablet with an OS that’s doesn’t have DOS as a foundation. 
    edited October 2022 watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,872member
    JP234 said:
    mike1 said:
    JP234 said:

You mean a Windows computer? Why would a Windows user want an iPad instead of a Surface?
    Ask a clown called Steve Ballmer?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Keeping my iTunes at a tried and true version of 12.12.3.5 and working just fine w/ WIN10 and my 160GB iPod Classic.  New(er) doesn't always necessarilly mean better...
    watto_cobra