Apple TV+ teases its winter and 2023 slate of programming

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple TV+ has released a one-minute teaser showing its programming lineup for the next few months -- and there are a few surprises.

A sizzle reel is a promotional video consisting of extremely short clips from a great many series. Its aim is to promote a studio or a network, more than any particular series.

This sizzle reel is called "Apple TV+: Winter 2022 & Beyond," and it leads off with a quote from Entertainment magazine. "Apple TV+ consistently produces some of the best entertainment of the modern era," says the magazine.

Apple's video then lists known hits, such as Emmy-winning "Ted Lasso" and Oscar-winning "CODA," before announcing "and the best is yet to come."

The 58-second-long sizzle reel includes around 35 clips and ends with a list of 23 series or films. The shows already screening, launching shortly, or having had previous seasons but returning for more, are:

The Afterparty
Causeway
Emancipation (December 9, 2022)
Selena Gomez: My Mind & Me
Sharper (February 17, 2023)
Shrinking (January 27, 2023)
Spirited
Swagger
Ted Lasso

Then the shows and films either yet to have a streaming date, or in some cases not even previously announced are:

• Argylle

• The Big Door Prize

• Dear Edward

• Extrapolations

• Ghosted

• Hello Tomorrow!

• The Last Thing He Told Me

• Masters of the Air

• My Kind of Country

• Napoleon

• Platonic

• Spellbound

• Tetris

• Wool

Many of these series and films already have placeholders in the Apple TV+ app, but with few details beyond "Coming at a later date."

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Is it not showing on AppleTV? I don’t see anything with this title on the menu. There is “Enjoy a Special Look” (future releases). Could that be it?

never mind, just checked, it is. 
    edited December 2022 williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 8
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    JP234 said:
    Wonder what happened to my family's two faves: Foundation & Home Before Dark?
    Many times it’s too long between seasons and you start to forget. I’ve been patiently waiting for Foundation season 2 on Apple TV+ as well as Picard season 3 on Paramount+
  • Reply 3 of 8
    No Foundation?! How lame!

Apple should buy the rights to The Expanse and continue that series since Amazon dropped it!
    edited December 2022 tenthousandthingsentropysCluntBaby92
  • Reply 4 of 8
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,342member
    JP234 said:
    Wonder what happened to my family's two faves: Foundation & Home Before Dark?
    "Home Before Dark" ended after three seasons, with a plausible finale.

Foundation Season two doesn't yet have a release date.

JP234muthuk_vanalingamlolliver
  • Reply 5 of 8
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    No Foundation?! How lame!

Apple should buy the rights to The Expanse and continue that series since Amazon dropped it!
    I think the expanse has reached an appropriate end. Americans tend to let shows go for too long, until it depends into tedium.
    The Expanse is awesome btw.
    Tv series I would like to see: Horatio Hornblower or a Jack Aubrey series would be great;

SF Tv series I would like to see: The Moon is a harsh mistress (or maybe a more modern version like  the Pillars of the Earth); Darwin’s radio; Bridgers; Stark’s War; Old Man’s War.

Especially the last three would work as a series. Bridgers would be episodic, Starks war three series; Old Mans War either three or six movie length stories. Unfortunately I doubt such stories would be on the Apple menu.

edited December 2022
  • Reply 6 of 8
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    Ted Lasso might be the only reason to sign back up tbh.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    I can't wait to see that ATV+ documentary about sock collections around the world.