Withings updates its ScanWatch lineup with ScanWatch 2, ScanWatch Light

Posted:
in General Discussion edited August 2023

Two new smartwatches from France-based Withings are set to hit the market this fall, expanding consumers' options when it comes to 24/7 health tracking.

ScanWatch 2, ScanWatch Light by Withings
ScanWatch 2, ScanWatch Light by Withings

Withings, known for its Wi-Fi scales and other smart health devices, has announced that it is expanding its ScanWatch lineup with two new models. The first is a full-featured smartwatch, dubbed the ScanWatch 2, while the second is a budget-friendly, entry-level model called ScanWatch Light.

ScanWatch 2

ScanWatch 2 retains the same FDA clearance for atrial fibrillation detection, sleep tracking capabilities, and SpO2 sensors as its predecessor. However, the updated model now features an array of new sensors to help track even more health metrics.

ScanWatch 2
ScanWatch 2

ScanWatch 2 can track heart rate variability, monitor baseline body temperature, and even track monthly menstrual cycles. It also automatically detects more than 40 activities for accurate fitness tracking.

ScanWatch 2 boasts an impressive 30-day battery life, giving wearers a better picture of their overall health.

ScanWatch 2 is available for preorder for $349.95 and comes in silver black, silver white, and rose gold. More colorways will be available for order at a later date.

ScanWatch Light

Withings is also introducing ScanWatch Light, a budget-friendly, entry-level model smartwatch. It provides the same activity, sleep, and heart health monitoring as ScanWatch 2. It features menstrual cycle tracking as well.

ScanWatch Light
ScanWatch Light

Like the ScanWatch 2, the ScanWatch Light boasts a 30-day battery life for continuous health tracking.

ScanWatch Light is available for preorder for $249.95 and comes in silver black, silver white, and rose gold sand. More colorways will be available for order at a later date.

Both smartwatches will be released in October 2023 and will be available through select retailers.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    sflagelsflagel Posts: 805member
    These watches look great on pictures but a bit cheap in real life (especially the LED hole), I never see them in the wild. Shame because I would love a smart (as in good-looking) watch every now and then that still transfers health data to the Health app.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    mayflymayfly Posts: 385member
    If you've got an Apple home or business, you want the Apple Watch. I don't know why you'd buy this one.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Got the classical Scanwatch (v1) for months: excellent watch. Discreet, efficient, very good at health tracking (sleep, SpO2, light sport, notifications, ...)... and its battery life is awesome. Looks way better than an Apple Watch on the wrist. I bought one for the wife to replace her Apple Watch SE as well, at first she was skeptical about the features she might loose, but at the end she also like it better that the old one. Would get the new version without a doubt. They should think about a way to provided some kind of inverted screen (white background) on the white models.
    edited September 2023 sflagel
  • Reply 4 of 6
    mayfly said:
    If you've got an Apple home or business, you want the Apple Watch. I don't know why you'd buy this one.
    Just as an additional watch for when you don't want to wear the Apple Watch (which can be for many reasons, including just being bored wearing the same watch every day) but that still transfers key health data to the Health App and notifies you of calls and texts.  Unfortunately, this watch looks a bit too cheap, I'd prefer a larger, thicker, casing, and just a bit more oomph. The Scan Watch Horizon is OK'ish, but the LED screen is still ugly. Like a Seiko or Casio with these features? I will wait....
    edited September 2023 mayfly
  • Reply 5 of 6
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,024member
    Pretty fugly IMO.
    sflagel
  • Reply 6 of 6
    sflagel said:
    mayfly said:
    Just as an additional watch for when you don't want to wear the Apple Watch (which can be for many reasons, including just being bored wearing the same watch every day) but that still transfers key health data to the Health App and notifies you of calls and texts.  Unfortunately, this watch looks a bit too cheap, I'd prefer a larger, thicker, casing, and just a bit more oomph. The Scan Watch Horizon is OK'ish, but the LED screen is still ugly. Like a Seiko or Casio with these features? I will wait....
    Good point. My good looking and well-built wife has an Omega for dressy occasions. I don't think anyone is looking at me when I'm out with her, so I just wear my Apple Watch everywhere.