iPhone 15 Pro Max in high demand, but production challenges remain

Posted:
in iPhone edited October 2023

The iPhone 15 Pro Max has higher demand than the iPhone 14 Pro Max, analyst Ming-Chi Kuo claims, but it still has to deal with long production wait times.

iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max
iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max

Less than a week after the launch of Apple's latest iPhone generation, the iPhone 15 Pro Max seems to be the most popular option of the 2023 range. While that is good news for Apple, there are still some issues that need to be carefully managed by the company.

In a Medium post on Sunday, TF Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo offers that the demand for the iPhone 15 Pro Max "is robust, as previously expected, outpacing last year's iPhone 14 Pro Max." The Pro model is "weaker than last year," though that may be because more premium users have gone for the Pro Max instead.

Demand for the standard iPhone 15 models is "roughly on par with last year," Kuo adds.

While high in demand, Kuo points out that wait times for the iPhone 15 Pro Max are longer than the others, but "this is more than just due to high demand." A later mass production schedule for the model, as well as a claim "its current production challenges are more pronounced than other models" are cited as potential causes for the delays.

Kuo maintains his prediction of 80 million iPhone 15 units shipping in 2023.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    How do people deal with the size and weight of the device on a daily basis? Doesn’t it cause arm/hand strain? Also how does it fit in a pants pocket? 
  • Reply 2 of 6
    You don't put a phone in a trouser pocket unless you want premature failure. The inside pocket of a jacket is far more suitable and practical. 

Then, it is poor form to have the phone always with you. Keep it on a charging stand in your office unless you are going to be travelling alone. It is a social faux pas to use your phone in company. 

Finally, does an iPad cause "arm/hand strain"? If you get strain from holding a phone, 1) desist and 2) get to the gym. 
    rezwits
  • Reply 3 of 6
    timmillea said:
    You don't put a phone in a trouser pocket unless you want premature failure. The inside pocket of a jacket is far more suitable and practical. 

Then, it is poor form to have the phone always with you. Keep it on a charging stand in your office unless you are going to be travelling alone. It is a social faux pas to use your phone in company. 

Finally, does an iPad cause "arm/hand strain"? If you get strain from holding a phone, 1) desist and 2) get to the gym. 
    But But But….
    anyway i used a belt pouch, now my back is aching. Im heading to a gym today 
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I wear cargo pants that have a large phone size right thigh Max pocket the phone fits in easily.
    edited September 2023 watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    timmillea said:
    You don't use the cameras when on holiday with your significant other then? Or take calls when travelling for work with colleagues?

I think life has moved on a little, though I'm with you if you're talking about over the dinner table. And I've ordered the 15 Pro 'cos the Pro Max is way too big/heavy for me.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 6
    timmillea said:

Thank you for your rude reply. 
    watto_cobra