Crappy situation: Woman dives into outhouse muck to fetch Apple Watch

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited September 2023

After diving in after her lost Apple Watch, a Michigan woman needed a rescue from an outhouse waste repository.

Apple Watch
Apple Watch

Stories involving an Apple Watch and a rescue usually feature the technology helping in some way, but not this time. Instead, it created quite an awkward and hazardous situation.

According to a report from USA Today, an unnamed woman in Michigan climbed into an outhouse waste storage through the toilet hoping to retrieve her Apple Watch. She succeeded in finding it but was unable to get back out.

Passing pedestrians heard her yells for help, and first responders were called to the scene. They had to remove the toilet and hoist her free with a strap.

The woman was uninjured and thankful to the first responders that had saved her.

Otsego County: First Responders rescue woman trapped inside outhouse toilet at Dixon Lake. https://t.co/ua3CTr8k8X pic.twitter.com/t2DNeWO1Hi

-- MSP Seventh District (@mspnorthernmi)

This story had a happy ending, but it is clearly dangerous to climb into an outhouse. If readers find themselves in a similar situation, the best thing to do is contact the appropriate authorities for help or abandon the device.

An Apple Watch can cost a few hundred to a thousand dollars, but that's not worth your health. You won't find an extra life in that plumbing.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    My mom used to swing in the outhouse as a kid. She lost her shoe once and my grandpa made her retrieve it (it was a new pair).
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Missed the Darwin Award nomination by that much. 
    Alex_VTomPMRIFileMakerFellerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Poo cocktail supreme 2
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 7
    longfang said:
    Missed the Darwin Award nomination by that much. 
    Not for lack of trying ;-)
    TomPMRIFileMakerFellerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Did the Apple Watch survive? That's all that matters, right?  :p
  • Reply 6 of 7
    So she actually climbed in.  Not "dive" per the title.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 7
    maltzmaltz Posts: 454member
    steven n. said:
    My mom used to swing in the outhouse as a kid. She lost her shoe once and my grandpa made her retrieve it (it was a new pair).

Pretty posh outhouse to be big enough to swing in!  Even for a kid!
    watto_cobra