iTunes Music Store

Comments

• Reply 21 of 162
    atomichamatomicham Posts: 185member
    Well, the store won't come up; HOWEVER, searching does work. Enter in a band name and it will come back with the results. Even lists the albums you can buy full.
  • Reply 22 of 162
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    the selection kind of sucks. i expected better but it is done much more elegantly than I anticipated.

they need to work hard on the selection though
  • Reply 23 of 162
    i just love the explicit red boxes really annoying
  • Reply 24 of 162
    rolandgrolandg Posts: 632member
    It is really sad that they have not worked out the issues with the copyright owners outside the US. Well, maybe it is due to the copyprotection that the MI is trying to put upon us Europeans.

Apple does things right - unfortunately only for US customers.

What I like to know is what servers the service is run on.
  • Reply 25 of 162
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders the White

I did the same (not the hawaii thing). I even predicted this before the anouncement and changed the billing adress to US.

Don´t know if it worked yet. Due to massively underdimentioned servers...

It's the billing address for your credit card that has to be in the US.
  • Reply 26 of 162
    bill mbill m Posts: 324member
    All I can say is "wow". The new iTunes 4 with its built in Music Store works great. I have been able to find and preview lots of songs, but somehow I have not been able to sign-in to make actual purchases (504 error). I have already lined up 2 albums and quite a few songs I am going to purchase as soon as the store error clears, which I am sure has something to do with thousands of people trying to sign up with their .Mac addresses right now. As I said, streaming previews seem to work great though.

I watched the event via satellite tv and I am really excited about all the news. Rendevouz seemed to work great on stage (Steve, Phil and another guy named Peter) with 2 AlBooks 12" via Airport Extreme showed up on Steve's computer and he could listen to streaming music from the pbooks with ease. The new iPods seem to be really cool too, the new base/cradle with audio out is a much needed and welcome addition.
  • Reply 27 of 162
    I`m sure their selection will "thicken" a bit with time. Until then all I can say right now is "Bad ass!"
  • Reply 28 of 162
    johnhenryjohnhenry Posts: 152member
    Agreed! "WOW!"

I love everything coming out of apple lately...
  • Reply 29 of 162
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ti Fighter

i just love the explicit red boxes really annoying

Blame Tipper
  • Reply 30 of 162
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mount_my_floppy

I`m sure their selection will "thicken" a bit with time.

They'll probably have several million songs available before us europeans can join in
  • Reply 31 of 162
    It works now.
  • Reply 32 of 162
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by frawgz

Blame Tipper

Take it straight to the Board!
  • Reply 33 of 162
    i have yet to get past the front page, nothing is loading
  • Reply 34 of 162
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NETROMac

They'll probably have several million songs available before us europeans can join in

CD's will be obsolete by the time we get to join in. iPhoto prints were supposedly going to be available outside of the US. Yeah, right.

I am fuming.
  • Reply 35 of 162
    Quote:

Originally posted by JLL

It's the billing address for your credit card that has to be in the US.

Can´t ever remember when any online service have tried to verify me by adress. Isn´t it normally only by cardhodlers name?

I just moved from one adress to another. would than mean I wasn´t able to use my Visa for aperiode of time (until they had changed the registration)?
  • Reply 36 of 162
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Since Apple is offering product legally, rights issues are a problem Don't blame Apple, blame the record companies in Europe. By the end of the year I'm sure the service will be available outside the U.S.
  • Reply 37 of 162
    Apple have created a new genre- the explicit instrumental. Don't know how it works but i found a track that i know to instrumental and they say it's explicit. Was the band being fellated at the time of recording? Also you have to be 18 to have a credit card, i think we can handle stuff without being nannyed, don't you? Also pissed off about the U.S-centric side of things.
  • Reply 38 of 162
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Since Apple is offering product legally, rights issues are a problem Don't blame Apple, blame the record companies in Europe. By the end of the year I'm sure the service will be available outside the U.S.

I hope your right, because now I'm REALLY feeling left out!!!
  • Reply 39 of 162
    matt ftmatt ft Posts: 87member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

I really don't think that this is true. I work for Sony Music (UK) and we basically do whatever Sony Music (US) tells us to do. I know that it is the same at Warner and Universal. I also find it very hard to believe that EMI and BMG would agree for the US, but not the rest of the world.

It is true that some artists are signed to different lables in different territories, but most will still be with one of the five majors. It should just be a case of having a big database of which artist is with which lable in which contry.

I am sorry, but the idea of the lables not playing ball is hard for me to swallow. As for why Apple has not included international, I don't know, but I sure as hell hope that it does not end up being another iPhoto prints. Whatever the reason, a lot of non-US Apple users are really, really pissed now...
  • Reply 40 of 162
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    the music store keeps giving me errors!

mostly 504, it says the music store has made an error!

it wont let me do hardly anything