What kind of summer shoes do you prefer?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    timotimo Posts: 353member
    sandals, closed toe

maybe with socks
  • Reply 22 of 37
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i'm surprised no chick jokes have been made.

well, anyhoo, i own 3 pairs of feet clothing: 1 pr work shoes, 1 pr sneakers and 1 pr of reefs. the reefs are only for doing laundry [tho in college i'd wear them if i couldn't find my sneakers], work shoes are only worn for work and other button-down affairs, and the sneakers are all else. the season really has little bearing on my feet's attire. as for socks, i generally wear them (aside from with the reefs), cuz when i dont the shoes and feet stank like a dead telephone. i would wear the reefs more often, but the streets are far to skanky; people piss in the streets and whatnot. i wouldn't want to take a wrong step, fall out of the reefs and get a footful of piss; and even if i didn't get feet-piss contact, reefs are pretty damned absorbant and that'd be nasty too.
  • Reply 23 of 37
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Feet in summer...

• Reply 24 of 37
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    Teva's, no socks, all the way.
  • Reply 25 of 37
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    @ all these white yuppies who wear $150 sandals...ooooo they are leather!

I have a bunch of shoes including those in a different colorway.
  • Reply 26 of 37
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TigerWoods99

@ all these white yuppies who wear $150 sandals...ooooo they are leather!

@ all these black ghetto kids who wear $150 basketball shoes...ooooo they are magic!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
  • Reply 27 of 37
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Although no yuppie (I cop to the "white" part, though), I LOVE my Birkeys.

Just dug them out last week, in fact. Been wearing them in the evenings and all after work, even around the house. Oddly they're sometimes more comfortable than going barefoot!

Which, of course, now that spring/summer is upon us, is how I like to go also. Walking through thick, green grass with no shoes? The best.

Also, I have a pair of New Balance shoes I really, really like also. Comfortable, light and just kinda simple (white with a little dark blue trim). I wear them with ankle socks.

My summer "uniform": an old pair of favorite khaki pants that I cut the legs off of, a white long-sleeve T-shirt with the NASCAR logo on the left breast and my Birkenstocks.

• Reply 28 of 37
    chweave1chweave1 Posts: 164member
    I love my birks, and I've already started to get my birk tan... But I hate how, due to the way I walk, i wear the rubber down and it is now wearing the cork away... Very irritating. It doesn't happen with my bostons... Oh well.
  • Reply 29 of 37
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    I wear the "sports" sandal or equivelent from Payless Shoes. This year it is a whole $15.

They better have a 1/2 price sale or I'm wearing last years pair.

Nick

EDIT: I type this then check their site and they are having the buy one get the second 1/2 price sale.

$7.50 baby...
  • Reply 30 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dstranathan View Post

What kind of casual shoes do you wear on hot summer days?

I can tell you when we have those next.

I'm guessing that will be May 2010.
  • Reply 31 of 37
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Well it's October and 92 degrees F. today. Still wearing flip flops most places.

• Reply 32 of 37
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

I can tell you when we have those next.

I'm guessing that will be May 2010.

Do you realise that you guys are responding to a a fake watch spammer who has resurrected a SIX year old thread?
  • Reply 33 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by piot View Post

Do you realise that you guys are responding to a a fake watch spammer who has resurrected a SIX year old thread?

Yes, but everyone seems to be responding to the original post. Is anyone going to that fake watch site?
  • Reply 34 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Yes, but everyone seems to be responding to the original post. Is anyone going to that fake watch site?

The spammer dug up a 6 year old post and you and Rokcet are responding to it.

Yes. Google bots will follow all the links and end up at the fake watch site. That's the whole point of these type of spam posts. Hundreds of pointless posts on hundreds of unrelated forums ends up improving your Google rankings.

Unless you really want to encourage that... suggest you just report the post.
  • Reply 35 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by piot View Post

The spammer dug up a 6 year old post and you and Rokcet are responding to it.

Yes. Google bots will follow all the links and end up at the fake watch site. That's the whole point of these type of spam posts. Hundreds of pointless posts on hundreds of unrelated forums ends up improving your Google rankings.

Unless you really want to encourage that... suggest you just report the post.

What if we just wanted to talk about what kind of summer shoes we prefer?

• Reply 36 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

What if we just wanted to talk about what kind of summer shoes we prefer?

Knock yourselves out.
  • Reply 37 of 37
    yoseyose Posts: 62member
    I love my Chaco Z2s! Make before the manufacturing was moved to China. For something more casual I like my Birks.