Apple leaks G5 specs

Comments

• Reply 701 of 1072
    mrsparklemrsparkle Posts: 120member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anonymous Karma

D'oh! How could I forget the possibility that some other secret team has been developing a PowerPC processor clocked in the high 1.x GHz range with a DDR-clocked 1/2 processor speed bus?

I'll go rethink my entire outlook on this right now.

I'm only pinting out the sloppy reporting that seems to be everywhere.
  • Reply 702 of 1072
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    Quote:

Originally posted by keyboardf12

good catch, Taco Underpants

I just cant read this with a strait face
  • Reply 703 of 1072
    alex_kacalex_kac Posts: 58member
    Quote:

Originally posted by O and A

So that they are ready.

Its really a major error. I feel really bad for the webmaster and guys underhim. Its a damn shame people have to lose there job over this. How unfortunate. Hope he doesn't get blackballed.

Anyway we don't know the prices. We don't know what htye look like. but frankly if they keep the current price point whihc i think they are cause top of line imac is gonna cost 1349 on monday this thing is gonna fly off the shelves.

i can't belive they went with SERIAL ATA god damn these things are going ot be FAST!

Simple. Production Webserver and Test webserver. Accidentally upload to PRODUCTION when you meant to upload to test.

Its happened to me once...(I uploaded my new specs of our next greatest thing by accident to the production server instead of the test one...grrrr)
  • Reply 704 of 1072
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    thanks apple exec!

ti and kroel you guys are SICK!
  • Reply 705 of 1072
    Quote:

Originally posted by RedEric

DON'T EMAIL HIM...LET THE LOSER THAT LOST FAITH PISS OFF TO DELL AND REGRET IT.

Yes, he has become an unbeliever and must pay a heavy price for his heresy!

I think he should be bound hand and foot ot the base of the CN tower and then be executed by being stoned with the contents of all the unsold copies of the Windows 2000 Resource Kit.

I have to ask "why do people call us zealots ?"
  • Reply 706 of 1072
    Quote:

thanks apple exec!

ti and kroel you guys are SICK!

Anytime man, this one happens to be very rare and I love what Steve says here...its just mythical. Enjoy.

http://www.esm.psu.edu/Faculty/Gray/...ovies/sj84.mov
  • Reply 707 of 1072
    awesome.

my all time favorite SJ quote was from "revenge of the nerds" at the end where (while at next) he says

paraphrase:

the problem that i have with microsoft is not their monopoly or the way they do business, its the fact that they make 3rd rate programs.

anyone have this quote?
  • Reply 708 of 1072
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    "The only problem with Microsoft is that they have no taste. I don't mean that in a small way. I mean that in a big way, in the sense that they don't think of original ideas and they don't bring much culture into their products. I have no problem with their success -- they've earned their success for the most part. I have a problem with the fact that they just make really third-rate products." Ê Steve Jobs, founder of Apple and Next, CEO of Pixar (1995)

is this what you're looking for?
  • Reply 709 of 1072
    thank you. man i REALLY paraphrased that didn't I?

Quote:

success, for the most part.

I remember him pausing at this point. classic.
  • Reply 710 of 1072
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Hmmm, according to someone who read a translation the site http://www.macfreak.org/cgi/forums/t...=16&topic=2285 claims that it was a hoax of sorts." It's an employee from another company that Apple works with that uploaded the pic as a joke. He uploaded the pic trought the Akamai Network... Sources at cupertino confirmed this... "

Anyone translate dutch? Their forums should yield some clues. Although if fake it would be very damaging to Apple's stock and I can't see why they wouldn't yell "we've been hacked..a viscous and irresponsible graphic incorrectly stating upcoming product specs" or something.
  • Reply 711 of 1072
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

good catch, Taco Underpants

I'm picturing a guy talking to his underpants saying "good catch". Eww.

• Reply 712 of 1072
    Quote:

Originally posted by KidRed

Hmmm, according to someone who read a translation the site http://www.macfreak.org/cgi/forums/t...=16&topic=2285 claims that it was a hoax of sorts." It's an employee from another company that Apple works with that uploaded the pic as a joke. He uploaded the pic trought the Akamai Network... Sources at cupertino confirmed this... "

Hey, haven't I seen this before?

Yeah, I know there's a lot of threads here...
  • Reply 713 of 1072
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anonymous Karma

Hey, haven't I seen this before?

Yeah, I know there's a lot of threads here...

Not sure, but i'm curious to the explanation that it's a hoax. However, I can't read dutch (I was told). Anyone care to translate a post or two from that thread?
  • Reply 714 of 1072
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KidRed

Anyone translate dutch?

I do. Although it's not really saying more than you paraphrased there. People are just guessing. One person says Akamai can expect a large claim if this turns out to be their mistake.

In any case, this "Leon" person seems to 'know' several people who confirmed it, and the other members there appear to believe him.
  • Reply 715 of 1072
    tsukuritetsukurite Posts: 192member
    Where the devil is Lemon Bon Bon!
  • Reply 716 of 1072
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Well, lemme just translate the first paragraph or so:

Quote:

The screenshots that show the specs of the "Powermac G5" appear to be a hoax. Several sources have confirmed this to Macfreak, including one contact inside Apple Cupertino. It is an action of a (former) employee of a firm with which Apple cooperates often. This person has uploaded a picture through Akamai with the "specs" of the G5. Akamai is a large content delivery provider which is contracted by Apple to host the AppleStore.

What the purpose of this person was is unclear, but it is clear that this is no real mistake on the part of Apple.

...(remarks about rumor madness and the sighting of the macs in Germany)

• Reply 717 of 1072
    Quote:

Originally posted by tsukurite

Where the devil is Lemon Bon Bon!

Lemon Bon Bon was found in a coma, Naked. With nothing on his computer screen but G5 specs and my preecioussss scrolled accross his walls in what appeared to be catsup.. More on this later.
  • Reply 718 of 1072
    tsukuritetsukurite Posts: 192member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

I do. Although it's not really saying more than you paraphrased there. People are just guessing. One person says Akamai can expect a large claim if this turns out to be their mistake.

In any case, this "Leon" person seems to 'know' several people who confirmed it, and the other members there appear to believe him.

If that's the case, Apple better disavow it pretty quickly, the stock market seems to have reacted to the news.
  • Reply 719 of 1072
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Quote:

Originally posted by spooky

anyone else underwhelmed?

I wouldn't say "underwhelmed" but not as overwhelmed as people on these boards seem to be. If they are all available Monday that would be overwhelming. And if the dual 2Ghz is priced at the current "Fastest" price point, that would be pretty impressive. But I am not convinced that the 1.6 will smoke the dual 1.42s for things I care about. And I doubt I will be able to get my hands on the dual 2.0 any time soon (and I suspect it will cost me ~$3500 when I get it).
  • Reply 720 of 1072
    Quote:

Originally posted by tsukurite

If that's the case, Apple better disavow it pretty quickly, the stock market seems to have reacted to the news.

Not really, AAPL has been climbing sence even before the news. Its not that much higher than it was yesterday..

They should still release a statement though.