NO G5/PPC970 for WWDC

145679

Comments

  • Reply 161 of 186
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    A little more then 12 hours to go and no leaked photos? I know AI nailed the details of the case, but I thought we'd get a photo of it or something juicy.
  • Reply 162 of 186
    jmoneyjmoney Posts: 133member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Merlion

    Sorry dude, but you really blow dead goats.

    Everybody should go back and read Kormac's posts to see what is coming. He has real insider knowledge.




    I'm really disappointed in the rudeness of everyone on these forums. What did I ever do to you? I post what was told to me by a friend, who is in fact a manager. I felt that it was considered a valid piece of information. Do I feel that it contrasts with the "leaked" G5 stats? Yes I do. But since no one knows for sure what is going to be announced tomorrow until it comes out of Steve's mouth who the hell are you to judge me? I blow goats? Grow up, already for christ's sake we're talking about computers here. So go to your sources for real insider information. Honestly, I've never seen a larger bunch of whining babies who give mac users a bad name.
  • Reply 163 of 186
    rmcfrmcf Posts: 4member
    I absolutely have NO inside information, and know very little about the upcoming Macs.



    I want the G5's to come though! However something tells me in my brain that the specs posted are too far-fetched to be real.



    If Apple really pulls this off, I will be very pleased indeed.



    Go Steve in 16 hours!
  • Reply 164 of 186
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,397member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by KidRed

    A little more then 12 hours to go and no leaked photos? I know AI nailed the details of the case, but I thought we'd get a photo of it or something juicy.



    In addition, I would have thought by now that Think Secret would have posted the prices.
  • Reply 165 of 186
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by KidRed

    A little more then 12 hours to go and no leaked photos? I know AI nailed the details of the case, but I thought we'd get a photo of it or something juicy.



    Well what about this, is it a leak or fake?



  • Reply 166 of 186
    Quote:

    Originally posted by JMoney

    I post what was told to me by a friend, who is in fact a manager.



    Nice how you've narrowed down your source to being a manager at one of 3 Apple stores in your state.



    I'm sure he'll be happy that you at least left out his name.
  • Reply 167 of 186
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    That photo is silly . . . a leak from Joe's living room floor . . . and Ives' best work Hunh?!?!
  • Reply 168 of 186
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by audiopollution

    Nice how you've narrowed down your source to being a manager at one of 3 Apple stores in your state.



    I'm sure he'll be happy that you at least left out his name.




    Brian's secret is safe with us. Oops
  • Reply 169 of 186
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 17,926member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by audiopollution

    Nice how you've narrowed down your source to being a manager at one of 3 Apple stores in your state.



    I'm sure he'll be happy that you at least left out his name.




  • Reply 170 of 186
    macubusmacubus Posts: 95member
    There better be a new powermac tomorrow, they can call it whatever they want. G4pi, G^2 I don't care, all I know is I want one. And if they don't announce anything super insanely sweet and radical then I'll poop my pants and in the words of Ace Ventura "just wait longer."



    Thank you and goodnight. We shall see what the morrow brings.



    *CONFIRMED* It's a new Apple two-button mouse with an insanely great plastic scroll wheel with Steve's face on it.
  • Reply 171 of 186
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 17,926member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by JMoney

    I'm really disappointed in the rudeness of everyone on these forums. What did I ever do to you? I post what was told to me by a friend, who is in fact a manager. I felt that it was considered a valid piece of information. Do I feel that it contrasts with the "leaked" G5 stats? Yes I do. But since no one knows for sure what is going to be announced tomorrow until it comes out of Steve's mouth who the hell are you to judge me? I blow goats? Grow up, already for christ's sake we're talking about computers here. So go to your sources for real insider information. Honestly, I've never seen a larger bunch of whining babies who give mac users a bad name.



    First, le me apologize on behalf of those forum members who are being c**ks to you. Those kind of comments are not allowed and can be reported to a moderator. Just FYI



    I would ask though, that you revise your "everyone"comment. It's not everyone. There are like 7,000 members here...keep that in mind.



    Happy posting



    SDW2001
  • Reply 172 of 186
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

    If Apple does not announce a G5 computer on Monday then there will be hell to pay with the FTC and shareholders. This could include a class action suit as well as eventual jail time for the execs of the company. A publicly traded company cannot print erroneous information on its own website...... unless, it was hacked. In that case they had an obligation to immediately announce the listing was incorrect. They did not.



    Apple will announce a G5. No doubt about it.






    Thank goodness someone here knows what they're talking about.
  • Reply 173 of 186
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by iPeon

    Some think this is actually the real thing? That's beyond comprehension. What I want to know is why would anyone tape a mock up to an existing G4 tower. Obviously it wasn't done with the intent to fool anyone into thinking this is the new G5. To see how much smaller the G5 is compared to the G4? That's my only logical assumption.



    iPeon needs to get himself some iHumor.
  • Reply 174 of 186
    programmerprogrammer Posts: 3,423member
    I wonder if Steve finally figured out that the best defense is a good offense. A broad, but subtle misinformation campaign would keep everybody off-balance and not knowing what to expect from the show. There is no official statement from Apple, just bits and pieces from individuals who would no doubt have fun dropping misleading hints. Apple would have no legal obligation to clarify anything and as long as the rumours were going in the direction they wanted, why should they say anything at all?
  • Reply 175 of 186
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    It does make much more sense that since the leaked specs got such widespread attention Apple would be compelled to issue some statement if in fact the leaked info was a complete hoax.



    Tomorrow will be interesting.
  • Reply 176 of 186
    Quote:

    Originally posted by audiopollution

    Nice how you've narrowed down your source to being a manager at one of 3 Apple stores in your state.



    I'm sure he'll be happy that you at least left out his name.




    Maybe Apple Stores are like McDonalds, where they have 10-15 managers running each store.





    About the good offense, maybe Steve himself is busy all weekend registering under sneaky aliases to spread his iFUD nice and deep.
  • Reply 177 of 186
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Addison

    Well what about this, is it a leak or fake?







    mmm, not sure I would consider that 'juicy'. Sticky maybe. I just hope he didn't use industrial strength glue.
  • Reply 178 of 186
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg

    Maybe Apple Stores are like McDonalds, where they have 10-15 managers running each store.





    About the good offense, maybe Steve himself is busy all weekend registering under sneaky aliases to spread his iFUD nice and deep.




    What else could he be doing? Preparing for his keynote presentation tomorrow? Not bloody likely.
  • Reply 179 of 186
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by JMoney

    I can't reveal my source, but very close friend has confirmed that there will not be a 970/G5 or whatever the hell released for WWDC. What I can say is that it is there is a new system at the Apple Stores and it's nothing that anyone is expecting! He wouldn't confirm but all I can say, is hot damn!





    Ahem!
  • Reply 180 of 186
    dfryerdfryer Posts: 140member
    Nope. No G5's here.. move along now, move along, just a giant levitating cheese grater, pay no attention.
Sign In or Register to comment.