Apple leaks G5 specs

Comments

• Reply 1041 of 1072
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fatmac84

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the Frogs have posted benchmarks for the new 970's!!!!

http://www.macbidouille.com/niouzcon...ate=2003-05-05

Complete with english translations.

The Pentium snail will return!!

Yeah thats old news it was pretty much agreeed that it was most likely fake
  • Reply 1042 of 1072
    isegwayisegway Posts: 133member
    Does anyone know if the LCD Imac was immediately available to buy at the time it was revealed?
  • Reply 1043 of 1072
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iSegway

Does anyone know if the LCD Imac was immediately available to buy at the time it was revealed?

No. At least I remember waiting a month or so for the high end model.
  • Reply 1044 of 1072
    The reason I ask is because I just don't see how the G5 will be immediately available to buy tomorrow since we don't have a more reliable leak(doesn't seem like it at least) of its appearance or other details.

Just doesn't make sense to me in this day and age. You can't keep anything a secret anymore.

I think the LCD Imac should be comprable though. That is why I am curious how much info was known about it and when it was available to buy after its reveal.

Maybe Jobs and Apple use some kind of incentive to make their employees keep it secret? Anyone know?
  • Reply 1045 of 1072
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Maybe Jobs and Apple use some kind of incentive to make their employees keep it secret? Anyone know?

The only thing that kept me from talking about the flat pannel iMac was my NDA. I love Apple and I personally would not have wanted to do anything to hurt the company, or my future career...
  • Reply 1046 of 1072
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jared

The only thing that kept me from talking about the flat pannel iMac was my NDA. I love Apple and I personally would not have wanted to do anything to hurt the company, or my future career...

Still at Apple?

How long is the NDA binding?

If said NDA has expired, spill the beans on all the other interesting things you saw that never made it to market.
  • Reply 1047 of 1072
    Quote:

Yeah, leak info and they fire your ass and then Steve comes over and pisses on your remains. I know people at Apple. Beyond confirming that they still work at Apple, they say NOTHING.
  • Reply 1048 of 1072
    Quote:

Can you talk about how you learned about it; did you work for apple? How long before the rest of the world did you learn about it? What was your original reaction to it? What does the NDA look like -- what are the restrictions?
  • Reply 1049 of 1072
    Quote:

Can you talk about how you learned about; did you work for apple? How long before the rest of the world did you learn about it? What was your original reaction to it? What does the NDA look like -- what are the restrictions?

All excellent questions. Yes, Jared tell us all.
  • Reply 1050 of 1072
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Still at Apple?

How long is the NDA binding?

If said NDA has expired, spill the beans on all the other interesting things you saw that never made it to market.

lol Nope, I am not. I do not know anything about what is currently going on.
  • Reply 1051 of 1072
    arw3arw3 Posts: 8member
    Quote:

Not very convincing.
  • Reply 1052 of 1072
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Quote:

OK, we all know you know something. NDA or not. Does your NDA explicitly say you can't tell about NDA itself? Does it state you must deny your being under said NDA?
  • Reply 1053 of 1072
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    Quote:

it was avaiable to order, but not for sale at any stores...i was one of the first in the US to get one...most got tied up in customes in alaska for some reason...somehow my palette slipped by and got delivered faster...

i ordered mine moments after the keynote and it was delivered about 3 weeks later...ahhh, goodtimes, goodtimes

g
  • Reply 1054 of 1072
    idroolidrool Posts: 7member
  • Reply 1055 of 1072
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDrool

This looks like my toaster.

Guided By Toast...
  • Reply 1056 of 1072
    skunkskunk Posts: 12member
    I wouldn't even buy a toaster that looked like that..\
  • Reply 1057 of 1072
    cliveclive Posts: 720member
    Quote:

That looks like it got lost in a 50s timewarp!?
  • Reply 1058 of 1072
    taztaz Posts: 74member
    Quote:

Yikes!!!!! I can design a prettier machine than that, and I am not a very creative kind of guy. SST vs Al. I'll take Al anyday both for weight and heat transfer capability.
  • Reply 1059 of 1072
    mokimoki Posts: 551member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rjwill246

Wow, your ignorance is only exceeded by your arrogance! MacBidouille nailed it and to claim coincidence is... well, I go back to my opening statement. Lionel, at MacBidouille, presented this info first, stuck by it despite comments from ignorant people like....... YOU!!! and he was right!!

What are you going to say when the G5s ship? "I must be seeing things," might be a good start, then hit yourself on the head and do us all a favour!

I'm sorry, did you say something?
  • Reply 1060 of 1072
    gusmangusman Posts: 17member
    Quote:

Originally posted by moki

I'm sorry, did you say something?

I'd say "two points for Moki" except I think it was a 3 pointer!