Classic Apple Outsider Thread This Way

Comments

• Reply 21 of 80
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    OK I suppose the judges can accept that entry then. However I must confess my skating is more powerful than my slap-shot. I do have the "twisted writerrrr" though.

• Reply 22 of 80
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    this is what i imagine giant looks like.

• Reply 23 of 80
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    in order to speak publicly on this forum, i tend to imagine all the members [childish giggle] in their underwear. some of you, i imagine, are a bit too young to be parading about cyberspace in your underoos though. some of you wear pretty strange underwear. and not just leopard print kind of weird.
  • Reply 24 of 80
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Aquafire and Powerdoc (if I hadn´t seen his picture) would be twins with a grin on their face. Actually they would look like Ford Prefect.

My description of Ai members for the

" Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe "

Anders..Mostly harmless

Hassan..Hot under pressure

der Kopf.. Happy depite himself

Harald.. Digestive biscuits

BR....plays with matches

Fellows..plays with BR

Moogs Organ grinder..but whose organ ?

Murbot Scary when asleep

Alcimedes..Don't bend over near him

DiscoCow....so apt a title

Powerdoc ...Modesty Blase

As for me, well I look like an older version of Adam Sadler and think like err ....Aquafire....

Apologies to anyone I have left out....
  • Reply 25 of 80
    jonathanjonathan Posts: 312member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

My description of Ai members for the

" Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe "

Anders..Mostly harmless

Hassan..Hot under pressure

der Kopf.. Happy depite himself

Harald.. Digestive biscuits

BR....plays with matches

Fellows..plays with BR

Moogs Organ grinder..but whose organ ?

Murbot Scary when asleep

Alcimedes..Don't bend over near him

DiscoCow....so apt a title

Powerdoc ...Modesty Blase

As for me, well I look like an older version of Adam Sadler and think like err ....Aquafire....

Apologies to anyone I have left out....

I thought you were 14 or something.

• Reply 26 of 80
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jonathan

I thought you were 14 or something.

Close...reverse the numbers ...
  • Reply 27 of 80
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    I have imagined what people on here might look like. Do you imagine them typing at the computer or just get a general feel/image for what they might look like?

Nick
  • Reply 28 of 80
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

I have imagined what people on here might look like. Do you imagine them typing at the computer or just get a general feel/image for what they might look like?

Nick

I imagine nothing. I was surprised by the AI community pictures. You cannot guess, who is small, big, tall, by his posts, except when he discribe himself.

It's good to judge people by what they write and not for their appearence, althought i never thinked that Fran was a girl.
  • Reply 29 of 80
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    He is?
  • Reply 30 of 80
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

He is?

Fanghorn was / is a girl.

But I completely thought Ena was too..fooled me..

with her.. "leaves thread..." ...routine..

And her moniker...

"There I touched my food "

That was such a girly thing to say...

Just goes to show..
  • Reply 31 of 80
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Wow, Hassan's gay?

Whodathunk?
  • Reply 32 of 80
    My Anders looks a bit like a young Bjorn Borg with darker hair and no beard. His long hair is parted in the middle and he wears a v-necked t-shirt in the 70s style.

Harald is a gentle, dumpy girl of about 19, wearing the uniform of the Carphone Warehouse.
  • Reply 33 of 80
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

My Anders looks a bit like a young Bjorn Borg with darker hair and no beard. His long hair is parted in the middle and he wears a v-necked t-shirt in the 70s style.

Harald is a gentle, dumpy girl of about 19, wearing the uniform of the Carphone Warehouse.

Hassan & Harald ...a marriage made in heaven...
  • Reply 34 of 80
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    I imagine Hassan as being a rather intimidating Middle Eastern man, with a red turban adorned with a large sapphire, a flaming scimitar, pencil thin mustache standing over a hand carved pipe in an English antique curio shop.

Wow, I come up with some crazy stuff when I haven't slept in 48 hrs. Another 16 to go til bedtime.
  • Reply 35 of 80
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

I believe that Scott has straight, black hair, which he wears with a side parting. I know he is substantial because he once said he weighed 300 pounds, and I imagine him in a blue pinstriped shirt flecked with spittle.

My weight when I left high school (top shape) was ~175. I got up to 200 and right now I'm at 190.

Straight black hair? No. A lot of hair? No. It's light brown and curls A LOT when it gets too long.

I'm wearing a blue shirt today but not pinstriped. I never have spittle on it.
  • Reply 36 of 80
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    I envision Scott as a militant Alex P Keaton (Family Ties) with a Che Guevare-esque prescence and swagger, chewing on a cigar, surveying his backyard and BBQ with deep contemplation.

aquafire is a crazed albino bushman, with a memory stick stuck through the septum, 3D eyglasses, standing upon a pile of OEDs while reading the Jabberwocky and siping on tin of coffee.
  • Reply 37 of 80
    Hassan is half-starved bum with blim burns in his threadbare grey T-shirt, fine black hair with Crunchy Nut Cornflakes stuck therein. He is jabbing away at his PowerBook 1400 (which is on top of the Koran, a well-thumbed bible and pretentious pop-anthropology books). He sits in a tiny room above a kebab shop in a cheap part of London, overlooking a filthy street which shakes profoundly as articulated trucks rumble past every 2 minutes.
  • Reply 38 of 80
    Harald sits in the Sony Ericsson customer services hangar wearing an earpiece and microphone set, surrounded by browning fruit and amusing postcards. Come his thirty minutes lunch-break, he heads for the carpark outside his place of work in some grey corner of Acton or Croydon, where he smokes a couple of Raffles, coughs up some phlegm and decides whether or not he can afford the noodles in the Chinese take-away fifteen minutes up the dual carriageway.

God, I'd hate to be Harald.
  • Reply 39 of 80
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Hassan i Sabbah is a tall blond nordic type man with blue eyes and a psuedo-artsy goatee (a "talking muff", as a Dutch acquaintance of mine once worded it), oftentimes found wearing a beret whilst reading the works of William S. Burroughs.

I can see that some of you are thrown off by the maghrebi sounding name, but a little cultural baggage, or an even littler amount of Googling could have told you, for instance:

Quote:

Hassan i Sabbah (or Hasan bin Sabah, or any number of transliterations from the Arabic) is a genuine historical figure. An Ishmaelite (or Ismali; this still-extant branch of Shiite Islam is headed by the Aga Khan) politcal intriguer of the late 11th century, Hassan i Sabbah became a major political force in Persia and the entire Islamic world by use of some surprisingly modern political techniques. Hassan i Sabbah's followers, based out of his mountain fortress of Alamut were possibly amongst the best spies in the region, working with Christian Crusaders and any of the varied sects & nations of Islam at the time. And, of course, his followers left at least one lasting legacy--the English word "assassin" (from the Arabic for "guardian"). Alamut fell to the Mongols in 1260.

[snip]

However, that isn't the reason Hassan i Sabbah is relevent to Bey (or William S. Burroughs, or Robert Anton Wilson, or people writing about chaos magick, or any of the other fringe-dwellers who have adopted him for their own). The reason lies in the oft-quoted maxim attributed to him:

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

etcetera. Or is that just me, Hassan?
  • Reply 40 of 80
    Hassan i Sabbah is a library assistant at Stoke Newington public library. He posts to AI from one of the knackered Win98 machines on the chipped formica-topped tables as he puts off returning crap fiction books to their rightful places. He thinks about having a stab at a book himself but knows inside he'll never get round to it. He wears 3 year old 'white' trainers and his idea of fashion rarely rises above Gap. He drinks builders tea with one sugar.

He is an abject failure.