New TV Board for Mac

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cooop

This slightly worries me because I ordered mine last Friday (though as far as I know it hasn't shipped out yet). I'll probably install it and determine then if I can live with the current product. Although I do hope the company plans on releasing occassional maintenance updates, I know this probably won't be the case.

Just to save you some time, all the TV channels need to be fine-tuned a little to the left (you'll just get static if you don't do this), and radio stations get the best reception by tuning .1 or so above what it should be (102.1 becomes 102.2).

Of course this is just my experience. Maybe your cable / antennae will work better.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...p?EdpNo=471872

I know it's a bit crude but maybe that, coupled with audio input wire it *could* work for a small budget. I plan on trying it out. (with my *cough*PC)

BTW I'm new here. I don't even have a mac yet but these forums seem really interesting :-). And I'm not sure if this post is too old to bring up. Sorry if it is.
  • Reply 43 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by Whisper

...There's a small line of static along the top (looks like maybe 5 of the TV's pixels or so). There's a black line down the right side that's about the same size as the static line, and a black line 2-3 times as thick down the left. Here is a screen shot illustrating the static and black lines.

Oh, hey, the static's gone now. Maybe it's a fine tuning issue...

BTW, the "...small like of static along the top" you refer to is not a line of static at all. It is additional video information intended for broadcast affiliates that have proper decoding equipment. The "line" when decoded includes scheduling information for network content. Normally consumer televisions eliminate this from view.
  • Reply 44 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by chashulme

BTW, the "...small like of static along the top" you refer to is not a line of static at all. It is additional video information intended for broadcast affiliates that have proper decoding equipment. The "line" when decoded includes scheduling information for network content. Normally consumer televisions eliminate this from view.

That is very good to know. Thanks for posting
  • Reply 45 of 46
    Everyone should take note that according to the Televio specs, it is a 5V PCI 2.2-compliant card.

Why does this matter? Well...the new Power Mac G5s do not accept 5V cards.

So if you've got a G5....don't waste your money. Sucks...I wanted one
  • Reply 46 of 46
    Oh wow! I cannot believe this! A thread I actually started has become more than like 2 posts long! Okay, I just consider it amazing considering that almost no one knows who I am. But anyways, I hope they make a G5 compliant version, as I may end up with a G5 myself next summer... It would be a real bummer of them to not do one, that is, if the product shapes up to be decent.....