Panther 7B** Builds Discussion (images on page 2 & 5)

Comments

• Reply 781 of 1176
    I don't read MacNN forums, so I don't mind seeing what bugs need fixing in this forum and it's useful for me to see how progress is going.
  • Reply 782 of 1176
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Screamer: it's a free country of course, but I think it's kind of silly to re-post all the bugs (in two places no less), knowing most of them are fixed in an upcoming build. Unless you have some reason to doubt your bug reporter I mean....

Maybe post some new bugs?

• Reply 783 of 1176
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Or say, perhaps, a *link* to the other post?
  • Reply 784 of 1176
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Screamer: it's a free country of course, but I think it's kind of silly to re-post all the bugs (in two places no less), knowing most of them are fixed in an upcoming build. Unless you have some reason to doubt your bug reporter I mean....

Maybe post some new bugs?

How did I know all of you read MacNN too? That is news to me...

Second.. if you actually looked, there are new ones.
  • Reply 785 of 1176
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Hence a *link*...

Also, delta-posts are perfectly acceptable:

Quote:

As I posted on this thread, there were several bugs in build 7B99... luckily, 1, 4, and 7 have been taken care of in 7B102, but I've also found the following...

Cuts way down on wasted bandwidth, makes it nice and concise, people can see what's been fixed, what we're still waiting on, and what's new. If they want to see the old list they can, otherwise they just get a synopsis. Best part? It works no matter where the original post was, here, MacNN, or Larry's Quik-E BBS (now with 9600baud!).

There's a reason ChangeLogs are the norm...

Thanks for keeping an eye on these for us, but definitely keep in mind your audience and the bandwidth you're chewing up. (And the long lines of dashes? Yeah, ditch 'em, please.)
  • Reply 786 of 1176
    Actually, I don't normally read (and never post) to MacNN. But each year around this time, I tend to wander in there a couple times a week to see if there are new screen shots I haven't seen here, etc. Generally, I find MacNN forums to be utterly useless and almost completely devoid of intelligent contribution. So I guess in that light, it's a good thing you posted over there.

If there are new bugs, sorry. But that still doesn't explain your urge to post the old ones. Anyway, I accept now that you will post your bugs until the build you have indicates they are fixed, so back to Panther.

• Reply 787 of 1176
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Will someone with a recent build test LISREL to see if it works? Please?

http://www.ssicentral.com/other/entry.htm

The student version should be fine. TIA.
  • Reply 788 of 1176
    Intriguing. Mods, not content with preventing duplication in Appleinsider threads...are now preventing duplication across the entire Mac forums community across the web.

You can't say they don't work hard...

Lemon Bon Bon \
  • Reply 789 of 1176
    *sigh*

You're not trying to twist my comments (which I already laid to rest btw) into something they weren't intended to be, are you?

Anyway, does anyone else have any new screenies or info on Panther for us? This thread is dying fast. I hereby swear not to rag on Screamer again if someone else promises to post something useful to the thread.

• Reply 790 of 1176
    Quote:

*sigh*

This thread is dying fast. I hereby swear not to rag on Screamer again if someone else promises to post something useful to the thread.

• Reply 791 of 1176
    Quote:

Anyway, does anyone else have any new screenies or info on Panther for us? This thread is dying fast. I hereby swear not to rag on Screamer again if someone else promises to post something useful to the thread.

i got ur screenie right here:

• Reply 792 of 1176
    Any confirmation of this:

or

Brad? Anyone? I found this pic from this site: http://macteens.com/exclusives_more.php?id=272_0_4_0_C
  • Reply 793 of 1176
    that login screen dosent quite look like, lemme go snag a pic of mine...
  • Reply 794 of 1176
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThunderPoit

that login screen dosent quite look like, lemme go snag a pic of mine...

The thread that linked that image was talking about enabling a DoD login window or something like that. It's the first I've heard about it, so I thought it was suspicious. IIRC, that "bubbly" apple hasn't been seen in a couple major builds of OS X (I'm thinking like 10.0 or something). Just interesting, nonetheless...
  • Reply 795 of 1176
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

The thread that linked that image was talking about enabling a DoD login window or something like that. It's the first I've heard about it, so I thought it was suspicious. IIRC, that "bubbly" apple hasn't been seen in a couple major builds of OS X (I'm thinking like 10.0 or something). Just interesting, nonetheless...

here's mine:

i myself find it hard to believe that the special DoD login window/message would need to be present in any builds other than an internal customization for the DoD, but something like that would never have left their doors. at least they made it look authentic as hell by needing a digital photo vs a screen shot.
  • Reply 796 of 1176
    btw, has anyone noticed that the terminal seems very forgetful of window settings?
  • Reply 797 of 1176
    Another thing: that top pic, the one with the disclaimer, is not right. The "ok" button is graphite and the "login" button in the window below that sheet is aqua. And that "ok" button is the old style, not the new, more flat look. Something's fishy and I suspect it's all a fake. Something to liven up this thread til the GMs start leaking.
  • Reply 798 of 1176
    Thanks poit. You came through in the clutch.

Also, with a name like "macteens", it HAS to be legit.

• Reply 799 of 1176
    Quote:

Thanks poit. You came through in the clutch.

Also, with a name like "macteens", it HAS to be legit.

I tried. :/ Hey, you're the one who said this:

Quote:

You're even going over to MacNN to get more juice. At least macteens calls themselves that. I guess MacNN couldn't get that name because it was already taken.
  • Reply 800 of 1176
    Actually I'm pretty certain that both of the screenshots are real. They had to post them this way because you can't screenshot the login window.

I've seen similar setups (although not as elegant) with other builds of Mac OS X. If it is a fake they did a good job because that message is the standard one my friends with government jobs see on XP logins and SSH access.

So somebody had to get it from somewhere.