El Capitan vers. 4 (updated images inside)

Comments

• Reply 61 of 104
    so in other words, an xserve tower..
  • Reply 62 of 104
    cdong4cdong4 Posts: 194member
    ill post this again

• Reply 63 of 104
    lowb-inglowb-ing Posts: 98member
    Nice CDon.

If I remember correctly, someone who saw a pic of the new case said the speaker cone was white and the handles were metal. Think you can do that for us?

[ 07-14-2002: Message edited by: LowB-ing ]</p>
  • Reply 64 of 104
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    How about a reincarnation of Hal 9000? The Powermacs already look a bit like it, with the tall narrow shape and the lone, round speaker near the bottom.
  • Reply 65 of 104
    everyone seems to be sure that el capitan won't be replaced before the G5. el capitan was introduced with an G3 (G3 was in beige box before) and then moved to the G4 with the graphite look. it wasn't exclusively made for the G4.
  • Reply 66 of 104
    jakemanjakeman Posts: 22member
    [quote]Originally posted by Addison:

<strong>

This is my favourite.

[ 07-09-2002: Message edited by: Addison ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

oh jesus that's sweet
  • Reply 67 of 104
    jindrichjindrich Posts: 120member
    [quote] The new Powermac, my version: <hr></blockquote>i'd buy one of this even if it had a G4 inside.

hey great concept, design and render job.
  • Reply 68 of 104
    cdong4cdong4 Posts: 194member
    I like the Xserve style tower very much so too, but no handles, as one of my pc friends said when he saw the mockup, handles are a must, i agree completely.

I don't know how fond I would be of the white with Chrome handles, all white with maybe just a chrome apple, and chrome outlines around the media bay openings, and chrome outlines around the power and reset button, but other than that no chrome. Im also not sure about all white, would resemble the original G3 el capitan too much for me.
  • Reply 69 of 104
    composercomposer Posts: 212member
    Personally I think we'll see something closer to xServe/TiBook looking mockup. Why? Because that's the way it seems that apple is organizing it's design schemes. Metallic for Pro, White Translunacy for the Consumer. Perhaps Ives will introduce retracting handles. Perhaps ALL Powermacs will be rackmountable...

I dunno.
  • Reply 70 of 104
    [quote] hey great concept, design and render job. <hr></blockquote>

Thanks. Its a rough model though, not much detail. It took only about 2 - 3 hours from idea to final render. :cool:
  • Reply 71 of 104
    jindrichjindrich Posts: 120member
    a little OT,

[quote] Thanks. Its a rough model though, not much detail. It took only about 2 - 3 hours from idea to final render. <hr></blockquote>

only 2-3 hours from sketches to final render, thats quite good. Wich software did you use? i'm about to re-enter the world of 3d (used to infini-D and Architrion-frenchCAD).

Which one would you pick to start with (again)?
  • Reply 72 of 104
    ziplocziploc Posts: 41member
    [quote]Originally posted by jindrich:

<strong>a little OT,

only 2-3 hours from sketches to final render, thats quite good. Wich software did you use? i'm about to re-enter the world of 3d (used to infini-D and Architrion-frenchCAD).

Which one would you pick to start with (again)?</strong><hr></blockquote>

If you still have an Infini-D license you can upgrade to Carrara Studio 2 for $200.

<a href="http://www.eovia.com"; target="_blank">Eovia</a>

zip

[ 07-12-2002: Message edited by: ziploc ]</p>
  • Reply 73 of 104
    The "xserve" inspired design is nice, but too many lines breaking it up. The new case actually looks smoother, and has handles. It's basically an el cap frame refined and made a little smaller, so it still has the door.
  • Reply 74 of 104
    warpdwarpd Posts: 204member
    [quote]The "xserve" inspired design is nice, but too many lines breaking it up. The new case actually looks smoother, and has handles. It's basically an el cap frame refined and made a little smaller, so it still has the door. <hr></blockquote>

And you know this how???
  • Reply 75 of 104
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    [quote]Originally posted by warpd:

<strong>

And you know this how??? </strong><hr></blockquote>

And he's going to answer that and lose his job?
  • Reply 76 of 104
    firelarkfirelark Posts: 57member
    [quote] only 2-3 hours from sketches to final render, thats quite good. Wich software did you use? i'm about to re-enter the world of 3d (used to infini-D and Architrion-frenchCAD).

Which one would you pick to start with (again)? <hr></blockquote>

Its all Lightwave. Its the most complete 3D animation software for mac right now with subdivision surfaces, particles, hair, softbody dynamics, bones, IK, envelopes and scripts, animates just about everything in the scene and it has a beautiful renderengine + tons of other features + very meny third party plugins for the macversion. Also if your going to do networkrendering you have unlimited rendernodes in your license and one single license of LW works on both mac and pc right out of the package.

Personally I think its very easy to model in LW.

I can recomend it very much.

<a href="http://www.newtek.com"; target="_blank">web page</a>
  • Reply 77 of 104
    drboardrboar Posts: 477member
    Regarding the handles, most of the lifting functionality could be done by having a narrow depression in the front and the back of the tower close to the top edge thus creating a lip say 3 cm deep. The only disadvante is that you then would need both hands to lift it so no more one hand lifts to shake it about

It would enable the enlsoure to look smaller and also be angular
  • Reply 78 of 104
    canyon24canyon24 Posts: 30member

<strong>

And he's going to answer that and lose his job?</strong><hr></blockquote>

SHE, thank you very much.

I have seen a picture for the new posters.
  • Reply 79 of 104
    cowofwarcowofwar Posts: 98member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jakeman:

<strong>

oh jesus that's sweet</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's what I think. But God forbid we have a mac that looks remotely like a pc! We need to have a crappy looking piece of plastic that looks like it belongs in a kindergarden classroom.
  • Reply 80 of 104
    blizaineblizaine Posts: 239member

<strong>Could be the DeLorean of computers!</strong><hr></blockquote>

if apple puts in a 1.21Ghz Processor then we should be able to time-travel.. that will be awesome.

Oh wait, that?s Gigawatts not Gigahertz

never mind