Another Stupid Israel Thread

Comments

• Reply 41 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by EMGeneratr

Yes, just as quickly as Georgie boy would round up all nonchristians and sell them for slave labor.

Hopefully there would be enough decent people (Christian and non christian) in the USA to stop something like that from ever happening. But the more I interact with people the more I wonder.
  • Reply 42 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Um no. Arafat is a terrorist Sharon is not. The PA is a terrorist dictatorship and Israel is a democracy fighting for existence. If the difference were more clear to more people this would have been solved years ago.

The only difference between a terrorist and Sharon is that Sharon happens to be in charge of a government with the backing of other nations...
  • Reply 43 of 63
    Quote:

I'm glad you're owning up to the anti-Semitism people display in this situation.

Please go through my post to find exactly where I'm guilty of anti-semitism. Please then quote that sentence and say "You are guilty of anti-semitism here because..." and give your reasons.

Else jerk your knee elsewhere, you racist twat.

Quote:

Um no. Arafat is a terrorist Sharon is not. The PA is a terrorist dictatorship and Israel is a democracy fighting for existence.

Um no. Sharon and Hamas both have equally objectionable political motivations. Israel has a powerful, well-armed army and money to train its conscripted soldiers, the Palestinian resistance has suicide bombers. If the Palestinians had a huge army, tanks and missiles I'm sure they'd duke it out fair and square. But they don't. So they resort to the waistcoats and the false earlocks.

Attacking and killing civilians is equally objectionable whether it's Jewish people or Arabs who are killed.
  • Reply 44 of 63
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:

Because Arafat uses/ed terrorism and Sharon doesn't. [/B]

Scott:

Perhaps the reason you post such trash like this is because you have a pathological and irrational hatred of Arabs/Muslims, just like Sharon does. Similarly, the leaders of Hamas, Islamic Jihad etc have an irrational and pathological hatred for the Jews. You take one side, because your home country's leaders support one side, and it's media shows bias. Similarly in the muslim world people kneejerk against America and Israel on account of the positions of its leaders, and the bias of its media (such as al Jazeera).

Why are you so blinded to the indisputable fact that Israel are using methods against Palestinian (civilians) which only qualify as state sponsored terrorism, as opposed to legitimate military action? Maybe it's got something to do with your inability to acknowledge that the Bush team, as well as some close associates and allies are just as hooked up with international terror and organized crime as any other group on the planet.
  • Reply 45 of 63
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Please go through my post to find exactly where I'm guilty of anti-semitism. Please then quote that sentence and say "You are guilty of anti-semitism here because..." and give your reasons.

Else jerk your knee elsewhere, you racist twat.

Maybe you could find exactly where I said you were guilty of being anti-Semitic? Please then quote that sentence and say "This is where you accused me of being anti-Semitic" and give your response.

Else you're an illiterate asshole, you stupid twat.
  • Reply 46 of 63
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    People, don't feed the troll.
  • Reply 47 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zarathustra

[B]You'll notice from your own post that (if this is a war), the Palestinians attacked a legitimate target: soldiers from opposing force.

Whether they are considered to be fighting in a legitimate conflict or not does not absolve Israel from any responsibility to behave in a civilised manner. If you lose the gunmen amongst the crowd...that's what you've done.. lost them. There is no excuse for bombing and killing in the general area in the hope that you'll get those responsible.

It is known that their 'bases' are populated houses in poulated areas. they hide behind their own friends and family while they plot and wage war. So, by their own targeting of Isreali civilians, they make the claim that there are no innocents in this battle, then they need to live with the consequences of their own statements.

Let me explain again that KILLING IS WRONG. Every religion states in one form or another "DO NOT KILL." Islam does, so does Judaism and Christianity. Even athiests with the slightest bit of common sense will agree "KILLING IS BAD." I will not justify any killing for any reason. However, you cannot condem one side of this argument without condeming the other as well.

I cannot make a case for the morality of slaughtering innocent women and children. However, I will not sit back and let the uninformed make these ridiculous and baseless statements.
  • Reply 48 of 63
    Quote:

It is known that their 'bases' are populated houses in poulated areas. they hide behind their own friends and family while they plot and wage war. So, by their own targeting of Isreali civilians, they make the claim that there are no innocents in this battle, then they need to live with the consequences of their own statements.

This is just insane. You're simply saying that it's OK for Israel to target civilians.
  • Reply 49 of 63
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Under not circumstances ever think out of the box. Don't break out of the retaliation mode - it guarantees that this war will never end.
  • Reply 50 of 63
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

This is just insane. You're simply saying that it's OK for Israel to target civilians.

No, if you read carefully that isn't what he is saying. That is simply what you want him to say so you can have something to be outraged over. Nothing more. Nothing less.
  • Reply 51 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

No, if you read carefully that isn't what he is saying. That is simply what you want him to say so you can have something to be outraged over. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Wrong again BR. You're pretty good at that.

They must live with the consequences of their own statements. Must the Israelis live with the consequences of their own actions? Or to the statements and actions not actually correlate to the response?
  • Reply 52 of 63
    Quote:

The fact that the IDF targets innocent Palestinian civilians as retribution for acts of terrorism is no more acceptable than the fact that Palestinian terrorists target innocent Israeli civilians. The deliberate and calculated murdering of civilians for politial ends is equally disgusting be it perpetrated by an Israeli soldier/terrorist or a Palestinian freedom-fighter/terrorist.
  • Reply 53 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Wrong again BR. You're pretty good at that.

They must live with the consequences of their own statements. Must the Israelis live with the consequences of their own actions? Or to the statements and actions not actually correlate to the response?

It means that Israel is wrong for stooping to their level but the Palestinians don't garner any special sympathy whenever they bitch and moan about civilians dying.

All of these deaths are easily avoidable tragedies. You can't separate that from the hypocrisy of many of these militant groups.
  • Reply 54 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

It means that Israel is wrong for stooping to their level but the Palestinians don't garner any special sympathy whenever they bitch and moan about civilians dying.

So Israel shouldn't get any special sympathy when young children are blown to pieces?
  • Reply 55 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

So Israel shouldn't get any special sympathy when young children are blown to pieces?

Not anything above and beyond the normal sympathy given to the victims of such events.
  • Reply 56 of 63
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

Israeli army says it likely killed Palestinian boy

Palestinian boy shot dead

Palestinian boy shot dead

Three different killings by israeli soldiers. Extra sympathy? For what?

It's both sides that have to stop.
  • Reply 57 of 63
    Quote:

Maybe you could find exactly where I said you were guilty of being anti-Semitic? Please then quote that sentence and say "This is where you accused me of being anti-Semitic" and give your response. [/B]

Happily.

Quote:

I'm glad you're owning up to the anti-Semitism people display in this situation.

There. (I refer to the bit where you call me 'anti-semitic'. )
  • Reply 58 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle

Extra sympathy? For what?

It's both sides that have to stop.

Uh...that was kind of my point. Or rather, I was attempting to express that it is hypocritical of both the IDF and the Palestinian terrorist groups to decry the murder of children and civilians by the other.

Both the Israelis and Palestinians are deserving of our sympathy. The culpability of both sides does not lessen the tragedy of deaths on either side.
  • Reply 59 of 63
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Happily.

There. (I refer to the bit where you call me 'anti-semitic'. )

No I said "people display" I did not say "you display".
  • Reply 60 of 63
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

No I said "people display" I did not say "you display".

I see, it's an anti-semitic semantic issue

or is it, an anti-semantic semitic issue ?