Who's your funniest TV character ever?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 45
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Argento

I personally like Bill (Phil Hartman) in news Radio.

I love that show so much! Andy Dick was really funny, too and I think Hartman deserves some of the credit for keeping him reined in.

It's coming to DVD too!

Jeff
  • Reply 22 of 45
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JimDreamworx

Colonel Flagg from M*A*S*H

If there's a rerun with him in it, I will watch the show.

Yeah, Colonel Flagg is great. So completely devoid of a sense of humor, so twisted, so possessed of tunnel-vision.

He's the classic parody of a 'spook'. I love the way he would vanish without warning. And didn't he constantly injure himself in outlandish undercover disasters?

I also liked the episode where Hawkeye and BJ steal Frank's blood. Frank was such a classic suck-up; he personified the most obnoxious traits in human beings. He was fun to hate; and when, on the rare occasion, one felt tempted to indulge in a modicum of empathy for him, he would always manage to destroy that impulse in its earliest moments.

I like the old "Are You Being Served" videos I check out of the library - especially the one of Mr. Humphries when they are interviewing for a new sales clerk, and he hates the candidate who is even more gay than he is. Or the one where they are all going to have physicals for insurance coverage, and the guys are all standing naked behind a waist-high screen (and checking each other out ).

On Nickolodeon, I like the "Leave it to Beaver" re-runs - of America during a more innocent and less-complicated time. Not especially funny, but a gentle pleasure to watch, imo. Mom in her dress, heels and pearls to clean the kitchen; Dad always in a suit and tie while reading the paper. And then there's Eddie Haskell, and how smarmy/weaselly he always is. In general, a sweet show.

I like the British comedy called 'Chef'. The main character is so egocentric, bombastic and abrasive, in an endearing kind of way (if that's possible).

Carol
  • Reply 23 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

I like the British comedy called 'Chef'. The main character is so egocentric, bombastic and abrasive, in an endearing kind of way (if that's possible).

sounds like half this board.
  • Reply 24 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

sounds like half this board.

• Reply 25 of 45
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Hawkeye - M*A*S*H

Mama - The Carol Burnett Show

Cliff Clayburn (sp?) - Cheers

Kramer - Seinfeld

Dr. Cox - Scrubs

Jack AND Karen (together) - Will & Grace
  • Reply 26 of 45
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    And the other half is Barney Fife.
  • Reply 27 of 45
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    George Costanza

Dewey from Malcolm

Any Python from the Flying Circus
  • Reply 28 of 45
    paulppaulp Posts: 67member
    The Michael Jackson character from Bo Selecta. Ooww!
  • Reply 29 of 45
    I'd have to go with Homer Jay Simpson.
  • Reply 30 of 45
    basil fawlty - fawlty towers

ed norton - honeymooners

colonel flagg (i am the wind) - M*A*S*H

everyone on NewsRadio
  • Reply 31 of 45
    raymonds father on everybody loves raymond......holy crap!!
  • Reply 32 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

George Costanza

I'm surprised no one else has voted for Le George. He's a close #3 for me.

Jeff
  • Reply 33 of 45
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Animated: Mr. Burns

Real: Paul Crane as Dr. Romano in ER. I'm sorry... but that guy had some of the greatest one liners ever to grace the air waves. Even though he wasn't intended as a "humor" character, he was so bitter and sarcastic in some episodes it was impossible not to laugh. Modern day Arhchie Bunker with an MD.

As for M*A*S*H, let us not forget the great deeds of Capt. Tuttle. Let us all bow our heads now in a moment of silence.

• Reply 34 of 45
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Rowan Atkinson in his Mr. Bean Series.

Hilary Duff (aka Lizzie McGuire) on Disney channel.
  • Reply 35 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Real: Paul Crane as Dr. Romano in ER. I'm sorry... but that guy had some of the greatest one liners ever to grace the air waves. Even though he wasn't intended as a "humor" character, he was so bitter and sarcastic in some episodes it was impossible not to laugh. Modern day Arhchie Bunker with an MD.

I like that one! His death was the final straw for me still watching that shell of a show.

Mellucci make me laugh, too, for being such an utter bonehead.

Jeff

Edit-or Meathead nyuk, nyuk!
  • Reply 36 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kenneth

Rowan Atkinson in his Mr. Bean Series.

Hilary Duff (aka Lizzie McGuire) on Disney channel.

Did you see the Mr. Bean episode where he's having trouble with his TV reception? He sits down to watch - static and snow; he approaches TV set to adjust antenna - instant clarity; he sits back down - static and snow. Etc.
  • Reply 37 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

Did you see the Mr. Bean episode where he's having trouble with his TV reception?

I also did like the episode where he tried to change his clothes on a beach and later finds out that the only other person on the beach is blind...
  • Reply 38 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by GSpotter

I also did like the episode where he tried to change his clothes on a beach and later finds out that the only other person on the beach is blind...

GSpotter, didn't he put his clothes on the chair, and dress the chair up like a person, to fix the TV reception?

I can't remember if his scheme worked. hehe.

Wasn't there one about underpants? Or a brown suit? It has been WAY too long since I saw any of this. Just have vague memories.....
  • Reply 39 of 45
    nx7oenx7oe Posts: 198member
    Al Bundy

Jefferson
  • Reply 40 of 45
    Cosmo Kramer