Do you want to work for Apple or if you did...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I'd work to get on the iPod or iSight project team.
  • Reply 22 of 37
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

You naughty boy.
  • Reply 23 of 37
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

as in integrating the two?
  • Reply 24 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

as in integrating the two?

As in integrating with a certain employee.
  • Reply 25 of 37
    I still think it's a great idea to hook the iSight up to the iPod for an instant camcorder.
  • Reply 26 of 37
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

You slut. What would Paige say?

• Reply 27 of 37
    She could watch.
  • Reply 28 of 37
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Wow, this thread has spiraled out of control, lol.
  • Reply 29 of 37
    Not my fault. A certain someone aside, I really would like to work on the iPod.

Yell at Little E and murbot.
  • Reply 30 of 37
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Well I would do anything assigned to me if I worked at Apple. I'd be Steve Job's shoe licker.

Living here in Maryland we have all kinds of crazy tech companies around. I'd really like to work at General Dynamics Robotic Systems, Inc., they design next-generation remote robotic soldiers among other things. Conveniently they are located right down the street, but I don't think I want to spend all my life in this county. Does anyone know if Apple has a office in Maryland or anything?
  • Reply 31 of 37
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gsxrboy

!!!!!

We so need apple hq retail stores in Australia then

ditto for vermont!
  • Reply 32 of 37
    I used to want to do the documentation. My original career goal was to get my BM in Composition, and write Mac documentation as a day job, and work on my career as a composer by night. I was a very good writer, and pretty good at simplifying complex instructions, I think. At least people found me helpful at my high school job at CompUSA and actually started to just call for me on the phone (until my manager started charging them for it).

I know I could do a much better job than the current Mac Help.

But it seems like the days of documentation are over. The manual included with the early Macs contributed greatly to their ease of use. OS X seems to expect a lot of intuition on part of the user. People who are used to Macs have an easy time with it, but new users don't just expect that you simply drag something to the Dock to make a shortcut stay there.

We need something like that cool introduction program that came with the IIgs. That rocked.

Another classic tangental post from Keilwerth.
  • Reply 33 of 37
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    I don't know if I would want to work for Apple.

I'd much rather enjoy seeing what they'd come up with next and buy it.

Although, if I could get paid for coming up with ideas on how to advance Apple then maybe I'd reconsider. It would be interesting to see what it would be like to be in the forefront of technology the way they always are.
  • Reply 34 of 37
    fahlmanfahlman Posts: 740member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

Wow, this thread has spiraled out of control, lol.

I noticed that also. It seems the me that if you have over 2,000 post you are allowed to post worthless, off topic replies. The greater your amount of posts the less meaningful your posts are. How else do you think people can get 3, 4, or even 7,000 posts? Maybe a moderater should look in to this...oh wait...it's moderaters that do this. My mistake.
  • Reply 35 of 37
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Quote:

Originally posted by O-Mac

Although, if I could get paid for coming up with ideas on how to advance Apple then maybe I'd reconsider. It would be interesting to see what it would be like to be in the forefront of technology the way they always are.

This is exactly why I find Apple appealing. I love what they do, I love using what they make, and I couldnt think of a way to make myself happier than working to create such things. I would feel so good to be able to contribute to society in a positive way, and know at the end of the day that I am working for a great cause. Being an entrepreneur does not mean you have to sacrifice the ability to help people as you make money. Just the fact that Apple brings things into the marketplace, that have such great effects on what every other company makes, helps and reaches everyone in the end. I cant wait to work there, I already know I will.
  • Reply 36 of 37
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KeilwerthReborn

I used to want to do the documentation. My original career goal was to get my BM in Composition, and write Mac documentation as a day job, and work on my career as a composer by night.

[...]

I know I could do a much better job than the current Mac Help.

Bless you.

Apple should hire you on the basis of that post alone. I really, really miss good documentation.

As for me, well, Apple's a big corporation, and big corporations and I don't get along. I'm content to use their stuff, and watch their shenanigans from afar.
  • Reply 37 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by fahlman

I noticed that also. It seems the me that if you have over 2,000 post you are allowed to post worthless, off topic replies. The greater your amount of posts the less meaningful your posts are. How else do you think people can get 3, 4, or even 7,000 posts? Maybe a moderater should look in to this...oh wait...it's moderaters that do this. My mistake.

My replies in this thread are completely within the context of the message I am responding to. For example, this reply is no more off-topic yours! OMG!