How do you take your coffee?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 76
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

Hi Murbot -

I could *NEVER* have made it through college without coffee.

Every time I had a paper due or a Russian test to study for, I had to stay up the entire night. In fact, I wouldn't even start studying until 10pm, because I knew I had a good ten hours (i.e. the entire night...of no sleep) at my disposal. I tried NOT to do this, but after a while I gave up, and staying up all night became a way of life for four years. I guess I had to do that at least once a week.

College? I couldn't get through High School without 6 cups a day.

But I perfected the all nighter at college.
  • Reply 22 of 76
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I stopped consuming caffeine a few years ago, so I haven't had coffee in almost three years now. But when I did drink it, I liked it black, no sugar, no cream, just black.

All that other crap ruins a good cup of coffee.
  • Reply 23 of 76
    i never liked coffee until a few sleepless nights in new orleans about 20 years ago, when i discovered the cafe au lait at the CAFE DU MONDE.

so now when i drink it i put a ton of milk in it.

if you've never been to the cafe du monde you've never been to new orleans.
  • Reply 24 of 76
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    I want my coffee like below.

Dark roast, Neapolitan or Palermitan kind .. not Spanish. Double brown sugar with it. Or when it's cold out like right now, I want my coffee as an americano.
  • Reply 25 of 76
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

I stopped consuming caffeine a few years ago, so I haven't had coffee in almost three years now. But when I did drink it, I liked it black, no sugar, no cream, just black.

All that other crap ruins a good cup of coffee.

I imagine when you become a paramedic "for real" you'll drink coffee sometimes, don't you think?

If the coffee is really good, I drink it black. If it's stale and sucks, I put tons of junk in it to kill the stale taste. Urgh. Coffee that's been sitting around for awhile is, to me, just awful. But sometimes, that's all there is.
  • Reply 26 of 76
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    omg, the absolute worst is the bottom of a pot of coffee, omfg, i cannot stand that shee-ite.
  • Reply 27 of 76
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Kinda gross, but you know those concentrated coffee-liquid "just dilute with water" products?

Yep, that's right. *GLUG* *GLUG* *GLUG*... Bingo! A weeks worth of coffee.

-I'm awake!
  • Reply 28 of 76
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
  • Reply 29 of 76
    inactionmaninactionman Posts: 618member
    Just a splash of milk and 3 cigarettes per cup. Can't have a cup of coffee without a smoke.

I tried Starbucks for the first time last week (I was in Vancouver and I couldn't find a Tim Horton's ANYWHERE!) and it wasn't bad. But no one makes better coffee than dear sweet Timmy Ho's.
  • Reply 30 of 76
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    I like my coffee black. Sometimes there is even water in it. 8)
  • Reply 31 of 76
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by \\/\\/ickes

Double Double.

Of course, when out and aboot, I grab a double double too.

• Reply 32 of 76
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

i never liked coffee until a few sleepless nights in new orleans about 20 years ago, when i discovered the cafe au lait at the CAFE DU MONDE.

so now when i drink it i put a ton of milk in it.

if you've never been to the cafe du monde you've never been to new orleans.

Ah, the Cafe du Monde.... beignets and chicory laced joe first thing in the morning on a perfect New Orleans spring day....some of my fondest memories.
  • Reply 33 of 76
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    My coffee is very much like my choice in women...strong and black or creamy and a bit too sweet. I like both.
  • Reply 34 of 76
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Don't particularly like coffee (it'll need 50% milk, 50% coffee, 4 sugars for me to drink it).

But I love coffee ice cream, and iced coffee can be good like the Starbucks iced coffee stuff (not the double shot).
  • Reply 35 of 76
    neoneo Posts: 271member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chych

[snip]

50% milk, 50% coffee, 4 sugars

[/snip]

the same with me

-Neø
  • Reply 36 of 76
    gspottergspotter Posts: 342member
    Quote:

If it's stale and sucks, I put tons of junk in it to kill the stale taste.

That reminds me of one of my worst "coffees". It was in a diner near Monument Valley and it seemed to me more like a bit of dark coloured water... When we had some americans visting us a few years ago, they first got a shock when drinking a german coffee - they just were used only those "free refill" coffees. As we don't have a Starbucks nearby, I cannot tell if this might have changed in the meantime...
  • Reply 37 of 76
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by GSpotter

That reminds me of one of my worst "coffees". It was in a diner near Monument Valley and it seemed to me more like a bit of dark coloured water... When we had some americans visting us a few years ago, they first got a shock when drinking a german coffee - they just were used only those "free refill" coffees. As we don't have a Starbucks nearby, I cannot tell if this might have changed in the meantime...

For all the horror at the proliferation of Starbucks in places that already have plenty of good coffee (such as here in the Bay Area), finding one in say, Huntsville, Alabama, (where I grew up and visit often), is a godsend.

Southern cuisine offers many tempting delights, but a decent cup of coffee at a restaurant is not one of them. Think hot black water with just a soupcon of chemical aftertaste.
  • Reply 38 of 76
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    As ice cream.
  • Reply 39 of 76
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

I imagine when you become a paramedic "for real" you'll drink coffee sometimes, don't you think?

If the coffee is really good, I drink it black. If it's stale and sucks, I put tons of junk in it to kill the stale taste. Urgh. Coffee that's been sitting around for awhile is, to me, just awful. But sometimes, that's all there is.

I imagine that I will, not only because I love coffee, but because I don't want to be off my game and not save a life sometime

I know there will be a lot of really long sleepless nights as a fire fighter/medic, so I'll need to stay awake at the wheel of that truck or ambulance.

Although, I'm going to try to avoid living off of coffee as some of my coworkers and classmates already do.
  • Reply 40 of 76
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

All that other crap ruins a good cup of coffee

Black, no sugar here as well. Unfortunately I drink largely instant coffee at work (industrial Nescafé drums), so the real apprecaition only comes when I drink "proper" coffee at home.

I have mugs advertising Compaq (circa 92) and The First European MicroVAX .