1101112131416»

Comments

• Reply 301 of 315
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rob M

Denmark and Australia also down...

it's all gettin ready for da Tuesday POWERBOOK G5 announcement

Ladies and gentlement, step up and place your bets for Apple's SUPER TUESDAY
  • Reply 302 of 315
    so how come some stores are up and some are down? some asian ones are still up... what does that mean?
  • Reply 303 of 315
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

it's all gettin ready for da Tuesday POWERBOOK G5 announcement

Ladies and gentlement, step up and place your bets for Apple's SUPER TUESDAY

why not today - they often announce PowerBooks on Mondays!
  • Reply 304 of 315
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

why not today - they often announce PowerBooks on Mondays!

er.. dunno, i guess i'm still hungover from the supposed Tuesday announcement last week ;-)
  • Reply 305 of 315
    Dutch store is also down...
  • Reply 306 of 315
    rob mrob m Posts: 11member
    Quote:

er.. dunno, i guess i'm still hungover from the supposed Tuesday announcement last week ;-)

US store now down....
  • Reply 307 of 315
    Quote:

US store now down....

roger that. if it is gonna be a powerbook update, it will be still G4 speed bump. there has been quite a bit of updating on the PowerbookG4 pages across the apple site to make the features look more attractive, bolder pictures, software and all the bits and bobs... trust me, i'm a designer, i know they've just taken their PowerBook G4 pages up a notch in da past few weeks...

but... today are they gonna slot in the G4 speed bumps? 17". 1.7ghz. The Ultimate Desktop Replacement ;-)
  • Reply 308 of 315
    ill cry if its just the same old powerbooks when it goes back online... what do you rekon we'll get? have to say i only think itll be a speedbump, but hey, i can hope...
  • Reply 309 of 315
    Quote:

Originally posted by 03124232

ill cry if its just the same old powerbooks when it goes back online... what do you rekon we'll get? have to say i only think itll be a speedbump, but hey, i can hope...

MacRumors reckon dual-core are ready, we can only hope, but think secret are usually quite accurate and they stated 1.67Mhz - unless that's for the iBooks later this year.

MacRumors page
  • Reply 310 of 315
    rob mrob m Posts: 11member
    Quote:

there has been quite a bit of updating on the PowerbookG4 pages across the apple site to make the features look more attractive, bolder pictures, software and all the bits and bobs... trust me, i'm a designer, i know they've just taken their PowerBook G4 pages up a notch in da past few weeks...

Hey! I thought the same - the pages looked different, but I could not see what it was. As you say, its been updated and tweaked....
  • Reply 311 of 315
    Quote:

Hey! I thought the same - the pages looked different, but I could not see what it was. As you say, its been updated and tweaked....

both the UK site and the US look the same as last week. Why would they update the site before an announcement?
  • Reply 312 of 315
    U.S update are out! Updates are in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just out US website
  • Reply 313 of 315
    Quote:

Originally posted by rayapple

U.S update are out! Updates are in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just out US website

YES!!! I was right! Brilliant
  • Reply 314 of 315
    YEAHHH HAHH HAHA HAH HA H HAHAHAH HA HA HA HA HA HAHA HAHAHAHA HA HA AH A HAHAHAHAHAHAH !!!!!!
  • Reply 315 of 315
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Just for the records...

I am NEVER going by the "announcing on tuesday" deal again unless its on a keynote day. Last Powermac rev's were wednesday. Last 2 powerbook updates were mondays. Whoever started the tuesday thing is nuts.