APR 5 - The day?

Comments

• Reply 41 of 67
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    This is the reason why we need sites like AI and Thinksecret.

It's just flat out wrong that Apple continues to run their company in such a shroud of secrecy. It's time for Apple to grow up.

I like Kormac and I think he's perceptive in ways but I doubt that he has any substantial insider information. Far less than Thinksecret. I imagine for every item TS posts they have 3 they don't post without enough verification.
  • Reply 42 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by Merlion

So what you are saying is you can not provide me with any assurances that in fact it was cancelled today because of expired pope saturation. You could have just said that instead of going off on some long diatribe about nothing.

But haven't you heard? They delayed because Steve Jobs is going to be the new Pope. I have it on inside word from the vatican. This will allow Tiger to be released universally, so of course they delayed the announcement.
  • Reply 43 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

isn't it no less than 15 days but no more than 20?

If so, then next tuesday would be ideal.

Picking the Tiger release date is harder than speculating who the next pope will be!

No, because he's being burried on friday, and THEN they'll elect a new one and all the buzz will be on the vatican!
  • Reply 44 of 67
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

No, because he's being burried on friday, and THEN they'll elect a new one and all the buzz will be on the vatican!

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't being clear. My point was that the college of cardinals must meet no less than 15 days after the death but no greater than 20 days. Next week is ideal because having been buried on Friday, the next news week will be light(er) before the college of cardinals sequesters themselves.
  • Reply 45 of 67
    ompusompus Posts: 163member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dschango

well, do you really think this is the point?

all the (computer)magazins and newspaper it-sections would report about such an announcement of apple, despite of the pope's death.

next week is the marriage of a british prince (aka charles)...

well, in this case we can wait a long time.

You're all missing the point... Nigerian cardinal Francis Arinze is a BIG backer of the Macintosh, while Italy's Dionigi Tettamanzi is practically on Microsoft's books. You don't think Tettamanzi spent last week in Redmond for the early spring weather, do you? Cardinal Hummes is tough to call, he hacked on BSD during the 90's but has been somewhat of an enigma since.
  • Reply 46 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ompus

You're all missing the point... Nigerian cardinal Francis Arinze is a BIG backer of the Macintosh, while Italy's Dionigi Tettamanzi is practically on Microsoft's books. You don't think Tettamanzi spent last week in Redmond for the early spring weather, do you? Cardinal Hummes is tough to call, he hacked on BSD during the 90's but has been somewhat of an enigma since.

perhaps new pope = new OS

hmmm

• Reply 47 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

perhaps new pope = new OS

Will this be the Mac OS X advertising campaign we've been waiting for?

Mac OS X: A New Pope
  • Reply 48 of 67
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    After all, we do have icons... perhaps he will announce Windows SG (Stained Glass).
  • Reply 49 of 67
    whoamiwhoami Posts: 301member
    you guys are lame

kormac is one of the few peeps on AI that will actually make you say "what if",

if you don't like his song and dance, go to another club.
  • Reply 50 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by danielctull

Will this be the Mac OS X advertising campaign we've been waiting for?

Mac OS X: A New Pope

Mac OS X: A New Pope:

The OS for the next 1000 years.

Brought to you by God and Steve Jobs!

Use Windows Go to Hell!

• Reply 51 of 67
    pyrixpyrix Posts: 264member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Merlion

Yes, you see the K-man was in fact right! The day was today, but the Pope coverage poo-pooed it.

Love the bananas - It would be a bit of a problem for apple if they tried to release a computer on the day the POpe died. No one but athiests and me would notice.
  • Reply 52 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by whoami

...kormac is one of the few peeps on AI that will actually make you say "what if"...

Yeah.... I agree.... "What if" he had a clue about QT7 last June...
  • Reply 53 of 67
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    Quote:

Originally posted by D.J. Adequate

But haven't you heard? They delayed because Steve Jobs is going to be the new Pope. I have it on inside word from the vatican. This will allow Tiger to be released universally, so of course they delayed the announcement.

Watch for white smoke over Cupertino!
  • Reply 54 of 67
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Kormac proclaims every possibility under the sun so of course he is bound to hit the mark at least once. Who can't do that? Also, making light of the Pope's death is really distasteful and what makes you all think Apple actually plans product release around world events like this? Do you really think it warrants such importance? It's a software update, not front page news. Yeah, it's great for us Apple users but in the grand scheme of things it's pretty damn unimportant. It's no wonder people think Apple users are fanatics.
  • Reply 55 of 67
    To future, new apple users - here's a link with video of the capabilities of Tiger (like me).

Tiger Sampling
  • Reply 56 of 67
    david_ocdavid_oc Posts: 90member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1984

Also, making light of the Pope's death is really distasteful and what makes you all think Apple actually plans product release around world events like this?

I agree that some of the jokes are lacking in taste (though not all). However I believe that Apple (if they really were planning on announcing Tiger on April 1/April 5) do look at the prevailing media climate before releasing any product. Apple, as with any serious player, seeks to maximize its positive media coverage. Releasing a new OS in year when all media is predisposed to report on an iPod software update and Apple is making a push for windows users is a big deal for them.

Personally I'd have grave doubts announcing a new product on any Friday, let alone the week when the world is focused on one story only (did anyone else notice that Robert Mugabe won his election?). It's common sense to maximize publicity
  • Reply 57 of 67
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by D.J. Adequate

What a coup that would be. I believe Steve Jobs is Jewish.

Quote:

Originally posted by whoami

you guys are lame

kormac is one of the few peeps on AI that will actually make you say "what if",

if you don't like his song and dance, go to another club.

I hope you joking. What if? All I ever think is what if this guy pulls his head out of his ass.

• Reply 58 of 67
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by neutrino23

Watch for white smoke over Cupertino!

• Reply 59 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by pyriX

Love the bananas - It would be a bit of a problem for apple if they tried to release a computer on the day the POpe died. No one but athiests and me would notice.

Or maybe the Christians would think the new Apple product is holy, and would all switch to Mac?

Apple could have released a new Powermac on the day the Pope kicked off, and christened it the "Powermac Pope Edition-so fast you'll think God is running things."

Heh, maybe not.
  • Reply 60 of 67
    whoamiwhoami Posts: 301member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

What a coup that would be. I believe Steve Jobs is Jewish.

I hope you joking. What if? All I ever think is what if this guy pulls his head out of his ass.

it was a joke man...

what if mr. jobs just added a little white piece to the center of his mock neck.

i bet then he'd have supreme RDF and market share..