Motorola iTunes phone revealed?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 66
    danielchowdanielchow Posts: 142member
    the design is uninspiring, uncreative, and boring. just another boringly designed in america product. i'd NEVER leave the industrial designing to Motorola!
  • Reply 22 of 66
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    Sure, it's from some Motorola presentation or something, but it's still just a "concept" image I'm sure, not directly relating to any actual product.
  • Reply 23 of 66

So, I was looking in the iTunes.rsrc file using icongrapher:

iTunes/Contents/Resources/iTunes.rsrc

and found that the only 2 new icons were that of Podcasting and one of a phone. I think this is proof that the iTunes phone is coming very soon.
  • Reply 24 of 66
    myrdmyrd Posts: 6member
    Forget the colors, I've always wanted a phone that's the shape of a bar of soap! No, really!

Black and green soap-phones for all!
  • Reply 25 of 66
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by celebi23

So, I was looking in the iTunes.rsrc file using icongrapher:

iTunes/Contents/Resources/iTunes.rsrc

and found that the only 2 new icons were that of Podcasting and one of a phone. I think this is proof that the iTunes phone is coming very soon.

perhaps you missed the AI article about this.
  • Reply 26 of 66
    I can't believe AppleInsider posted this image. This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen on this site. It is so obviously fake. Why does the click wheel have number keys on it? Someone did a real bad photoshop job. This kind of thing makes me think that Apple controls AppleInsider, using it to create hype when it wants and spread disinformation when it wants.
  • Reply 27 of 66
    plum(c)plum(c) Posts: 1member
    I agree. I don't understand why you people discuss abot this at all. It's so obvious it's fake. Remember the so called iHome, remember how much time you spent discussing it. You are doing it again.

It doesn't have a "d" from Apple design, not even from Motorola design. Be rational, this is NOT iTunes Motorola phone. Full stop.
  • Reply 28 of 66
    666666 Posts: 134member
    fake or not...

Y

U

C

K

!
  • Reply 29 of 66
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    <fanboy>

sony ericsson all the way !!!111!!11!11

</fanboy>
  • Reply 30 of 66
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacMini

I can't believe AppleInsider posted this image. This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen on this site. It is so obviously fake. Why does the click wheel have number keys on it? Someone did a real bad photoshop job. This kind of thing makes me think that Apple controls AppleInsider, using it to create hype when it wants and spread disinformation when it wants.

Yeah apple gets their dumb monkeys dance,

now get in the cage back...

• Reply 31 of 66
    jms698jms698 Posts: 102member
    As 00100011 pointed out. The looks more like the Microsoft phone than the Apple phone. xBox glowing green. A good fake/mockup, but no way the real iPhone.

Side note: Apple has done a pretty good job of keeping its secrets secret this time around.
  • Reply 32 of 66
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jms698

....Side note: Apple has done a pretty good job of keeping its secrets secret this time around.

understatement of the month

the rumor mill has been burnt down to the ground.

examples:

1. a cat playing with an iPod shuffle 'prototype'

2. xbox looking iTunes phone

3a. apple announces july 7th event, everybody thinks new iPods and iTunes 4.9,

instead, apple releases new iPods and iTunes 4.9 a week before July 7th

3b. nobody has really any bloody idea what happens on July 7th

4. no whiff or mockup or anything whatsoever on new iBooks

5. 7448 may be used in new portables... in october

face it people, these are dark times for advanced insider information on apple stuff.

i'm just thankful everyday that i have my (dads)

iBook g4 933mhz 640mb ram 14"

with 160gb external fw400 drive with *ahem* among other things,

battlestar galactica season 1 YEAH! watched the miniseries and 1st four episodes, looking sweet.
  • Reply 33 of 66
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Maybe they burned some mills, but the biggest move they made was well-known 2 days before they announced it.
  • Reply 34 of 66
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i still think there is some cool as-of-yet un-prototyped way to merge the functionality of the iPod clickwheel and the old-school rotary phone. problem is i have no idea how the k|dz would text message with such an input device... though that wouldn't necessarily be such a bad thing.
  • Reply 35 of 66
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

understatement of the month

the rumor mill has been burnt down to the ground.

examples:

3b. nobody has really any bloody idea what happens on July 7th

4. no whiff or mockup or anything whatsoever on new iBooks

not sure what can be read into this, but isn't the NECC going on now or next week? i say this because i heard the first apple computer RADIO COMMERCIAL i have heard in a long long time while driving in listening to npr yesterday morning, über-emphasizing apple computer and education. and the ibook is the laptop of choice for apple's educational endeavors... so, methinks new ibooks will come out on the 7th.
  • Reply 36 of 66
    esxxiesxxi Posts: 75member
    For everyone that keeps shouting "fake!" the phone appears on page fifteen of this Motorola presentation:

http://library.corporate-ir.net/libr...ngTatelman.pdf

(Of course it doesn't mean it's the phone, just a phone?)
  • Reply 37 of 66
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

i still think there is some cool as-of-yet un-prototyped way to merge the functionality of the iPod clickwheel and the old-school rotary phone. problem is i have no idea how the k|dz would text message with such an input device... though that wouldn't necessarily be such a bad thing.

it's been done

• Reply 38 of 66
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    The link is bogus esXXI.

Anyway...

The color isn't Apple-like, but I like the design. It appears to have a glowing, emanating soul ? a phone with life. Something to be cherished. Something that is "happening".

All of the interface elements act as a symbolic window to the internals of the phone. These elements are representational of the actual functionality of every interface element: those buttons, the pressure sensative click-wheel, the screen...

Of the comments I read on this page, more than half were claiming the interface (buttons and dial) was unrealistic and not feasible. I personally believe that Motorola could design a pad in which the surface would take on different functionality depending on the mode the user had the phone set to. Heck, they could even design the interface to be sensative to the context in which the user is operating the handheld (i.e. buttons for dialing, wheel for navigating iTunes).

You can defintely see a merging of Motorola design and Apple design in this phone. I hope it is real.
  • Reply 39 of 66
    trobertstroberts Posts: 702member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1984

Ummmm, okay. That is just plain nasty looking. What's with the clickwheel in the middle of the keypad? I guess it's okay if you don't have to use the three middle numbers to call someone.

Apple is bringing back the rotary phone
  • Reply 40 of 66
    Quote:

I still use a rotary phone on my bedroom (halfway cnsidering modding one of my other new phones to have rotary.) I think i would be much easier to use rotary, especially with text messages. To me, moving your thumb (or index finger, or whatever) is more natural than punching in letters. And I wasn't even born when the rotary phones were around, so don't make any assumptions! A click whel coul have actually two modes, one for numbers, and anther for letters. You could have one ring of labels, for numbers, and then another ring of labels inside of that, for numbers.