Apple unveils iPod nano

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 105
    i strongly feel apple marketing has sliced and diced the numbers every which way till sunday. so no more Mini, hello Nano...

i think they looked at what's coming out in the 5gb-10gb hard disk player range from creative, sony, dell, etc etc and decided to completely avoid that segment ~ choosing their battles, if you will...
  • Reply 102 of 105
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    You have to look at the mini's replacement from the perspective of market competition. "Analysts" are saying that it's all well and good for Apple to be *able* to keep adding more storage to the mini, but to remain competitive they needed to do something different. They did, and it's beautiful.
  • Reply 103 of 105
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

You have to look at the mini's replacement from the perspective of market competition. "Analysts" are saying that it's all well and good for Apple to be *able* to keep adding more storage to the mini, but to remain competitive they needed to do something different. They did, and it's beautiful.

Quite right, and the 5-10 GB players from the other vendors may not even be selling all that well.

People are given a decision. For the same price as this 10 GB junkBox from Dell I could get that much smaller and more beautiful 4 GB iPod nano, or for $50 more I could get a 20 GB iPod....

Seems they'll go one of two ways and forgo the JunkBoxes.
  • Reply 104 of 105
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by OrbitPink

Quite right, and the 5-10 GB players from the other vendors may not even be selling all that well.

People are given a decision. For the same price as this 10 GB junkBox from Dell I could get that much smaller and more beautiful 4 GB iPod nano, or for $50 more I could get a 20 GB iPod....

Seems they'll go one of two ways and forgo the JunkBoxes.

Sure, Apple said that most people weren't filling their Mini's anyway.
  • Reply 105 of 105
    I owed the first dell music player..... it sucked! The iPod line is so easy to use! Thats the problem, they try to do better but they are much harder to use!