Apple holding "Black Friday" sale today

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple on Friday morning launched its annual "Black Friday" sale, which includes a $101 savings on iMac G5s and iBook G4s as well as $30 savings on JBL On Stage iPod Speakers (now $120 or $140 with remote) and $20 savings on JBL Creature II Speakers (now $80), which are available in white, red, black, and aluminum.

Apple has also discounted the Shure Sound Isolating Earphones: the E5C is now $300 ($100 discount); the Shure E4C is $240 ($60 discount); the Shure E3C is $140 ($40 off) and the Shure E2C is $80 ($20 off). Apple's AirPort Express is now $100 and the iSight Camera is $120, a $30 discount on each.

Several other iPod accessories are available for a $5 discount, including the Incase Neoprene Sleeve ($15), Nike Sport Armband ($35), iPod nano Armband ($25), XtremeMac Car Charger ($15), and Monster iCarPlay Cassette Adapter ($15), while the Griffin RoadTrip FM Transmitter and Charger and Monster iCarPlay FM Transmitter are only $60 (both discounted $20).

Apple is offering .Mac membership for $70 ($20 discount) and the Mighty Mouse for $40 ($10 discount).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    woot! first post. here are highlights:

AirPort Express

$129.00

Today Only $98.00

iSight Camera

$149.00

Today Only $118.00

Maxtor OneTouch II 200GB Hard Drive

$229.00

Today Only $198.00

Maxtor OneTouch II 300GB Hard Drive

$299.00

Today Only $268.00

.Mac Membership

$99.95

Today Only $68.95

Apple Mighty Mouse

$49.00

Today Only $38.00
  • Reply 2 of 14
    The Apple Insider article reports a 300$ price on the E5C Shure earphones, a pretty well reviewed product. But when I go to the Apple Store site, it is priced at 499$-101$= 398$. These are expensive, but supposed to be pretty good. Can I get an AppleInsider price?

The E4Cs, and the E3Cs are also liked by those who have tried them.

I have read that the E5C are available at a Plemix for 352$, but caveat emptor, the reviewer says.

There will be some shopping done today on my part, for gifts, and also for my iPod.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    Apparently, nothing of the sort in Japan.

I get my ads by email in English, and they say clearly any Apple online store or any Apple store (and no restrictions for the US). But I can't find any such deals or comparable specials here in Japan online.

Way to go Apple. There goes my incentive to buy that new iMac early - or maybe at all. (>_<).
  • Reply 4 of 14
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    I wish they would have discounted the quad and a 23" displays a few hundred. I am ready to order one but $5,000 grand for a computer, monitor, and warranty is steep. That is just the Apple price. I have to purcahse another hdd, more ram, and another Final Cut Pro seat. Ugh!
  • Reply 5 of 14
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NordicMan

The Apple Insider article reports a 300$ price on the E5C Shure earphones, a pretty well reviewed product. But when I go to the Apple Store site, it is priced at 499$-101$= 398$. These are expensive, but supposed to be pretty good. Can I get an AppleInsider price?

The E4Cs, and the E3Cs are also liked by those who have tried them.

I have read that the E5C are available at a Plemix for 352$, but caveat emptor, the reviewer says.

There will be some shopping done today on my part, for gifts, and also for my iPod.

I boguht the E3C for my daughter earlier this year. She actually picked those after testing the whole line. She is very satisfied.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

I boguht the E3C for my daughter earlier this year. She actually picked those after testing the whole line. She is very satisfied.

How did she go about testing them? They have throw away covers or something?
  • Reply 7 of 14
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aplnub

How did she go about testing them? They have throw away covers or something?

Not instrument tests, but listening tests. I'd been a manufacturer in the industry for a number of years, and am still involved to a certain extent. When the Entertainment Expo came to NYC this year, Shure gave us the range of the E series to try out. We took them home and she listened to them for a couple of days, while writing down her impressions. She also got custom adapters for her ear canals at the show when we went back to return the units.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    I picked up a Mighty Mouse and renewed my .Mac early under the lower price. Saved a good bit.

The Mighty Mouse is really better than I expected. I just wish the scrolling ball was a little bigger but it responds more to the machine than the Microsoft Intellimouse I was using. Go figure.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

Thank you, Mr. Melgross, for that note. I wish that I could listen to them as you folks did. I have been thinking about the top snazzy ones. I listen to classical music, as does that Dudious Maximus, or whatever that fellow's moniker is over at the audiophile site. Those E5Cs are expensive. Still pondering the issue.

Thanks for the input.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Does anyone know if Apple holds a pre Christmas sale (besides the one today)?

And if they do, what do you believe the chances the Quad would be discounted a little bit?
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by aplnub

Does anyone know if Apple holds a pre Christmas sale (besides the one today)?

They haven't in the past. Never know about the future, though.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by umijin

Apparently, nothing of the sort in Japan.

I get my ads by email in English, and they say clearly any Apple online store or any Apple store (and no restrictions for the US). But I can't find any such deals or comparable specials here in Japan online.

Way to go Apple. There goes my incentive to buy that new iMac early - or maybe at all. (>_<).

Yeah, I don't think Black Friday exists in Japan since there's no Thanksgiving holiday there this week. And Black Friday in the Japanese language would certainly be a contradictory name, don't you think?
  • Reply 13 of 14
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DifferentLee

I picked up a Mighty Mouse and renewed my .Mac early under the lower price. Saved a good bit.

The Mighty Mouse is really better than I expected. I just wish the scrolling ball was a little bigger but it responds more to the machine than the Microsoft Intellimouse I was using. Go figure.

I like the MM, but have a few issues. One, the tiny ball is too sensitive, sometimes I'd scroll when trying to middle-click. Another, it did occasionally squeek when clicking. That eventually cleared up. The last, it can't easily be used as a multi-button left-handed mouse, because the left button is assumed by default to be the button pressed if there is a finger touching it, it doesn't change when you swap the "handedness" of the mouse.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    umijinumijin Posts: 133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FireEmblemPride

Yeah, I don't think Black Friday exists in Japan since there's no Thanksgiving holiday there this week. And Black Friday in the Japanese language would certainly be a contradictory name, don't you think?

Well, LAST YEAR they did have that sale here, despite the lack of a Thanksgiving holiday.

OK?