Time to make things fun..

Comments

• Reply 241 of 622
    mac_dollmac_doll Posts: 527member
    The "damaged" or "worn" look is what's in these days. I worked at Hot Topic for a year, and that's what people go for. They want the look without having to wear down, cut, or stain the jeans themselves. I like the aged look, but I'm not paying $80 for it. I get mine for under $30.
  • Reply 242 of 622
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac_Doll

The "damaged" or "worn" look is what's in these days. I worked at Hot Topic for a year, and that's what people go for. They want the look without having to wear down, cut, or stain the jeans themselves. I like the aged look, but I'm not paying $80 for it. I get mine for under $30.

same here! want the "worn" look? just strech them in all differant directions whie you watch TV then run them through the harshest wash and dry cycle 2 or three times!

BTW: What is the deal with the hot topics in bigger malls? the one here is all dark and gothy, complete with rusted rod iron gates at the enterance, but the ones in other malls like in Indianapolis or Chicago are lit up as much as the Limited too and have these goofy looking black plastic arches...is there some reason for a "darker" more "goth" store in some places and light airy botiques in others?
  • Reply 243 of 622
    maimezvousmaimezvous Posts: 802member
    Name (first only if you wish): Michael

Birthday: November 1st, 1988

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio

What Mac(s) do you own? White Macbook, 2.0ghz processor

Who's your favorite notable person of the Mac community? Steve

Do you give your Mac(s) name(s)? As of now I haven't decided on a name. Anyone want to help?

Have you ever hugged your Mac(s)? Does it count if the Mac was still in the FedEx shipping box? If so, then yes.

Would you ever date a person if you knew they were a Mac user? But of course.

Do you have a favorite Mac model? If so, which one? The Macbook and iMac G5 models are stunning. I love the white.

Favorite food: Italian (just like everyone else), and good chinese.

TWiT or Your Mac Life? Neither.

Have an iPod? If so, what model(s)? A silver mini with a dead battery that I keep connected to the wall and my stereo, and a white 4gb nano. I really love that white.
  • Reply 244 of 622
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

same here! want the "worn" look? just strech them in all differant directions whie you watch TV then run them through the harshest wash and dry cycle 2 or three times!

BTW: What is the deal with the hot topics in bigger malls? the one here is all dark and gothy, complete with rusted rod iron gates at the enterance, but the ones in other malls like in Indianapolis or Chicago are lit up as much as the Limited too and have these goofy looking black plastic arches...is there some reason for a "darker" more "goth" store in some places and light airy botiques in others?

That dark rusty gate style is the style at the mall in my area. Concerying the "worn" look, I personally can't stand it. I refuse to purchase anything of the sort. If I want my close to have some wear to their look I'll go out and earn it.
  • Reply 245 of 622
    a_greer: Hmm.. that's too much work. Hot Topic stores tend to decorate according to the size of the mall, predicted traffic flow, and potential sales. Location is sometimes a factor as well. The one I worked in was one of the less-Gothy looking stores. I think they also like to have variety; they don't want every store to look the same.

maimezvous: Thanks for posting! Hugging your Mac while it's still in the box.. that's so cute!
  • Reply 246 of 622
    darth_appledarth_apple Posts: 199member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Darth_Apple

Name: Allen D.

Birthday: July 11th 1985

Zodiac Sign: Cancer

What Mac(s) do you own?: Hopefully by next week I'll have my 13.3" MacBook (I've been waiting since Nov. 2005 )

Who's your favorite notable person of the Mac community?: I really like Woz!

Do you give your Mac(s) name(s)? If so, what are they?: Maybe who knows...

Have you ever hugged your Mac(s)?: Same as above.

Would you ever date a person if you knew they were a Mac user?: My GF likes Macs, but if I didn't have a GF that would be a plus++

Do you have a favorite Mac model? If so, which one?: iMac G5, Intel iMac (I dream of the day it will replace my crappy "pc")

Favorite food:

Pretty much anything especialy, italian and asian (sushi!!!!)

TWiT or Your Mac Life?: N/A

Have an iPod? If so, what model(s)?: Nope.

Ok so now that I have my MacBook I can answer some of the question I couldn't before...

What Mac(s) do you own?: 13.3" MacBook --> 1.83GHz, 1GB of Ram, 60GB HD

Do you give your Mac(s) name(s)? If so, what are they?: Nefertiri

Have you ever hugged your Mac(s)?: yes, when I first released it from its box... what can I say it was love at first (i)Sight

Do you have a favorite Mac model? besides the one I first mentioned, I LOVE my new MacBook

ok I'm leaving now.. you weirdos
  • Reply 247 of 622
    Quote:

maimezvous: Thanks for posting! Hugging your Mac while it's still in the box.. that's so cute!

Thank you for the compliment, and you're welcome for posting. I'd agree with the idea that things were starting to get boring around here. I'm about fed up with reading every post that might relate to something that I might encounter. This is so much more fun.
  • Reply 248 of 622
    Well, thank you! Yeah, I just feel us Mac users needed a little more zest in here.

DarthApple: Thanks for the update.
  • Reply 249 of 622
    tdnc101tdnc101 Posts: 109member
    Name: Thomas

Birthday: Oct. 1, 1985

Zodiac Sign: No idea, people tell me and I forget.

What Mac(s) do you own? MacBook Pro

Who's your favorite notable person of the Mac community? Steve Jobs, to be honest he's the only Mac community person I know.

Do you give your Mac(s) name(s)? Yes, Nate (from Six Feet Under).

Have you ever hugged your Mac(s)? I think everyone has right when they get it out of the box. If they say they didn't, they're lying.

Would you ever date a person if you knew they were a Mac user? It's go in the PRO column, for sure.

Do you have a favorite Mac model? MBP. My one and only.

Favorite food: Turkey sandwiches. I know, random.

TWiT or Your Mac Life? TWiT

Have an iPod? If so, what model(s)? 60GB iPod video. Thinking about getting a nano soon.
  • Reply 250 of 622
    noah93noah93 Posts: 168member
    Ehh, what the heck, I might as well...

Name: Noah

Birthday: January 25, 1993 (Youngest one here)

Zodiac Sign: Auqarious

What Mac(s) do you own? Personally, a PowerBook G4 1.5 GHz, all the macs that I own, 2 PB G4 1.33's, 1 MacMini Intel Duo and one MacMini Intel Solo. And my soon to be ProMac.

Who's your favorite notable person of the Mac community? J Ive

Do you give your Mac(s) name(s)? Snail, it goes too slow.

Have you ever hugged your Mac(s)? When I got it back from a data recovery company. Turns out the put the thing in a furnace, it was all warpped.

Would you ever date a person if you knew they were a Mac user? It's a plus, but not in my top-priority list.

Do you have a favorite Mac model? The blac MacBook.

Favorite food: Anything breakfast-y, and most Italian.

TWiT or Your Mac Life? Neither

Have an iPod? If so, what model(s)? 1 15GB iPod with buttons, 3 4GB Minis, 1 1GB Nano
  • Reply 251 of 622
    Quote:

I just feel us Mac users needed a little more zest in here.

\\

OK here goes...I propose a toast...

"To alcohol; The cause of and solution to all of lifes problems!!"

-Homer Simpson

5 scotches later:

Wow: that Dell XPS looks sweet dude! wheres my credit card!?!?
  • Reply 252 of 622
    a_greer: Time for some intervention.

Nice to meet you, tdnc101 and noah93! Noah, no need to worry about your age; you're still cool to me.
  • Reply 253 of 622
    feraliferali Posts: 175member
    Name: Luke

Birthday: Dec 8 1989

Zodiac Sign: sagittarius

What Mac(s) imac g5 no isight

Who's your favorite notable person of the Mac community? Steve Jobs or jonny ives

Do you give your Mac(s) name(s)? nope

Have you ever hugged your Mac(s)? my imac is hard to hug and honestly ive never tried. maybe some day.

Would you ever date a person if you knew they were a Mac user? That would be a really cool thing, but prolly wont ever happen.

Do you have a favorite Mac model? hard to say. probably imac g4

Favorite food: chocolate chunk chewy bars. i could eat them forever.

TWiT or Your Mac Life? dont know what they are

Have an iPod? If so, what model(s)? 4 gb white nano currently. in the past 3g ipod and ipod mini silver
  • Reply 254 of 622
    Quote:

a_greer: Time for some intervention.

Intervention? Sounds fun! BYOB or should I get a kegg?
  • Reply 255 of 622
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

Intervention? Sounds fun! BYOB or should I get a kegg?

I'll Bring some Yuk-a-Flux! oh and these great goat cheese stuffed roasted mushrooms.

I'm excited...

flick.
  • Reply 256 of 622
    Ooh! I'll bring the fudge brownies! I'd like a screwdriver and a strawberry daquiri.

Nice to meet you, Ferali! Don't mind us partiers..
  • Reply 257 of 622
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Well, if we are all bringing something, I whip up a bunch of mini cheesecakes. (Size of silver dollars) I am famous for them.
  • Reply 258 of 622
    Ooooh.... you hit a soft spot of mine; I can never turn down some good cheesecake.
  • Reply 259 of 622
    What kind of cheesecake?
  • Reply 260 of 622
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Well, if we are all bringing something, I whip up a bunch of mini cheesecakes. (Size of silver dollars) I am famous for them.

Cheese cake is the greatest desert food on earth!! Fresh cherrys are good too...bring the cake, I will bring cherrys!