Magnet madness to hit Intel iBook line

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 92
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    Is anyone else surprised that this turned out to be true?
  • Reply 82 of 92
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gregroberts

My first thought was I must be doing something to the internal fan. So like an idiot, I did it a few more times....entertaining myself with the grinding sound it was making. Moving it closer, then further away, then closer again....over and over again.

You owe me a new montior, I just spit out my popsicle all over my monitor from laughter when I read that part.

I think every nerd in America would have done the same...to bad you lost your drive.
  • Reply 83 of 92
    Quote:

Originally posted by aplnub

You owe me a new montior, I just spit out my popsicle all over my monitor from laughter when I read that part.

I think every nerd in America would have done the same...to bad you lost your drive.

It wasn't one of my finest hours. LOL
  • Reply 84 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregroberts

It wasn't one of my finest hours. LOL

LMAO! That has got to qualify for the finals in the Brain Fart competition! I would have done EXACTLY the same thing! Except then I would have opened the case and played with it.....

Like I did to my LCD a few days ago... what in the world are all those wavy lines on my display???? Oh crap.
  • Reply 85 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by moracity

I hate vermin like you. "Simplistic" is not inherently pejorative at all. Simple and simplistic can certainly be synonymal, especially when simple is used as an adjective to describe idiots like you.

You have an extremely simplistic view of English vocabluary and are the one exposed as a simple in your hypocritical attempt to correct someone.

Dictionary.com: Simplistic - characterized by extreme simplism; oversimplified: a simplistic notion of good and bad.

American Heritage Dictionary : Simplistic - The tendency to oversimplify an issue or a problem by ignoring complexities or complications.

WordNet: Simplistic - unrealistically simple.

By context, one can surmise that the author meant "simple" not "simplicstic".

"Simple" meaning easy to understand, deal with, use, not elaborate or artificial; plain: a simple style, not ornate or luxurious; unadorned: a simple gown, unaffected; unassuming; modest: a simple manner, not complicated: a simple design; not complex or compound
  • Reply 86 of 92
    skatmanskatman Posts: 609member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub

Myth Busters had to use a VERY POWERFUL RARE EARTH MAGNET to wipe a credit card. I am not saying it can't be done, I am just saying it would be in the minority if a magnet wiped a disk. But who the heck is rubbing 3.5" floppy's over an iBook anyway??? I don't even own any floppy's anymore...

Kids, if you see it on TV... it MUST BE TRUE!

Actually, it's MUCH harder to damage the recording on the credit card than on a hard disk.
  • Reply 87 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kim kap sol

Horseshit! That's the biggest urban myth of them all. It's almost impossible to wipe a hard drive with magnets. You may be able with a very powerful one but even that is doubtful.

Maybe floppy disks and other magnetic media that isn't incased in a metal shell...but not a hard drive...and especially not if it's inside the computer.

Why do you waste your time lying like that?

Google: Hard drive degausser
  • Reply 88 of 92
    jpdljpdl Posts: 1member
    If there'a anybody who has one and wants to get rid of it, please let me know !

I have a small monitor with the metal frame and would love to be able to stick my iSIGHT on the top... I live in the UK, and will of course gladly pay any costs.
  • Reply 89 of 92
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jpdl View Post

If there'a anybody who has one and wants to get rid of it, please let me know !

I have a small monitor with the metal frame and would love to be able to stick my iSIGHT on the top... I live in the UK, and will of course gladly pay any costs.

1 Billion dollars?
  • Reply 90 of 92
    mbaynhammbaynham Posts: 534member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

1 Billion dollars?

naa mate you want £'s. afterall, £1 is about $2, well, just about...
  • Reply 91 of 92
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbaynham View Post

naa mate you want £'s. afterall, £1 is about $2, well, just about...

Why did you guy's dig this thread up?
  • Reply 92 of 92
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

Why did you guy's dig this thread up?

A very good question. Seeing no new content, it's locked.