Let's share Mac Pro ship dates

Comments

• Reply 141 of 403
    Why in the world does the Apple site list shipping as 3 - 5 business days for BTO? Seems like 3 - 4 weeks is what everybody is reporting.
  • Reply 142 of 403
    I guess it depends on the BTO. You can add Bluetooth or RAM for no real delay, and switching HDDs is apparently likewise not a big deal. It's supposedly just graphics cards and airport that cause the delay.
  • Reply 143 of 403
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meelash

Yeah! This kind of thing is the reason we can't have nice things.

D-d-daddy?
  • Reply 144 of 403
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

D-d-daddy?

Shut up an' go to bed, boy!
  • Reply 145 of 403
    Am I the only one that has seen his shipping date going from 15 to 21 Sep and delivery date from 20 to 26 Sep?

I ordered my Mac Pro August 11th...
  • Reply 146 of 403
    What's your configuration?
  • Reply 147 of 403
    rbf817rbf817 Posts: 13member
    I ordered 8th August and the shipping date went from the 18th sept to 21st just this afternoon. Ordered 2.66/1gb/250/ap/x1900.

They must be pushing all the dates back to torture us or something.....
  • Reply 148 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RBF817

I ordered 8th August and the shipping date went from the 18th sept to 21st just this afternoon. Ordered 2.66/1gb/250/ap/x1900.

Same specs, same order day. Shipping has been the 13th and hasn't moved... yet...
  • Reply 149 of 403
    It's probably because you and I ordered early.

EDIT: Huh, I wonder what made RBF617's ship date later than ours even though all three of us ordered the same config on the same day.
  • Reply 150 of 403
    Quote:

EDIT: Huh, I wonder what made RBF617's ship date later than ours even though all three of us ordered the same config on the same day.

<Apple employe picks which MacPro will ship on which day: eenie, meenie, minie, moe....>
  • Reply 151 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meelash

<Apple employe picks which MacPro will ship on which day: eenie, meenie, minie, moe....>

I hope I get a Mac Moe instead of the Mac Meenie.
  • Reply 152 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SharkBait

I hope I get a Mac Moe instead of the Mac Meenie.

I'm sure it'll cost you mo'... hahahahahaha

*cough.. Excuse that outburst.
  • Reply 153 of 403
    I finally switched yesterday to OSX!

What a step from a Dell 15.4" with 1. gen. Centrino to a Mac Pro 2.66 with 30", unbelievable!
  • Reply 154 of 403
    rbf817rbf817 Posts: 13member
    Quote:

Where are you guys based, it could be because im in the UK... just a thought.
  • Reply 155 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NORTHERNLiGHTS

I finally switched yesterday to OSX!

What a step from a Dell 15.4" with 1. gen. Centrino to a Mac Pro 2.66 with 30", unbelievable!

Congrats!! <is jealous of that fancy new hardware>
  • Reply 156 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RBF817

Where are you guys based, it could be because im in the UK... just a thought.

Yeah you might be right, Sharkbait is in Canada and I'm in the US of A.
  • Reply 157 of 403
    I never updated my response in this thread. I actually got the Mac Pro on 8/16, after ordering it on 8/8. My order was stock other than 3.0GHz CPUs.

So I've been using the Mac Pro for about 9 days now and it rocks. The stock video card is fine for desktop use, although I will want a "real" card if I play games with it or do some OpenGL modeling... although $500 for the Apple card is just silly.

The real trick is that I'm waiting around for some big manufacturer to start putting big heatsinks on their FB-DIMMs. Don't feel like paying for Apple's RAM, either (or OWC's). I guess I could attach some VGA heatsinks to some NewEgg Kingston RAM and be done with it. The Mac Pro really needs more than the stock 1GB.
  • Reply 158 of 403
    Get a gigabyte of Crucial's RAM (two 512MB sticks with Apple-style heatsinks) for $200. There's also a few other places offering it now such as TransIntl:

http://www.transintl.com/store/categ...estTimeOut=500

and OWC.
  • Reply 159 of 403
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Isomorphic

I never updated my response in this thread. I actually got the Mac Pro on 8/16, after ordering it on 8/8. My order was stock other than 3.0GHz CPUs.

If you have the 3.0 gHz, how about giving us a benchmark on the threadedFactorialHighRes app? The best we have is 2 seconds per processor with the 2.66 gHz models.

Attachment 123

Run it without arguments, and it will do 50 million calculations. Then run it with 2 billion calculations by typing

./threadedFactorialHighRes 4 2000000000

See if it can beat 89 seconds for 2 billion. That is what the 2.66 Woodcrest gets.

• Reply 160 of 403
    Quote:

Get a gigabyte of Crucial's RAM (two 512MB sticks with Apple-style heatsinks) for $200.

Good eye, thanks. I should probably wait until my Mac ships, but... can't... restrain... visa...