Got your MBP C2D? Let us know....

Comments

• Reply 121 of 173
    Mine is exactly a week old - and I have my second complaint: some DVDs get an error message in front row that they are not the correct region for my dvd drive. I'm talkin about movies/tv shows purchased from the store here in the states that play fine in my dvd player -not copies.
  • Reply 122 of 173
    steste Posts: 119member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mowenbrown

Mine is exactly a week old - and I have my second complaint: some DVDs get an error message in front row that they are not the correct region for my dvd drive. I'm talkin about movies/tv shows purchased from the store here in the states that play fine in my dvd player -not copies.

Are the problem discs Region 1 or Region 0? (A surprising number of U.S.-made discs are actually encoded for Region 0 i.e. "all regions".)

I was wondering if this was an issue with Macs. I am a long-time Windows user who is about ready to jump ship -- my next computer will be a 15" MBP -- but I am also a collector of worldwide DVD releases. It isn't a huge problem either way, as I already own a multi-region DVD player, but it would be nice to know if some sort of hack exists to override the region-coding in Apple's DVD drives. I don't have much experience with OS X at the present time.
  • Reply 123 of 173
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ste

Are the problem discs Region 1 or Region 0? (A surprising number of U.S.-made discs are actually encoded for Region 0 i.e. "all regions".)

I am not even sure how to check - it's Alias Season 1, Disk 2.... but that would be a bummer if I can't play movies on the train to NYC, what am I going to do, WORK?
  • Reply 124 of 173
    Got mine yesterday, upgrading from a PB G4. This thing does screem. It's amazingly fast. I've only really had two issues with it. One is I hated the default color profile of the display, it was nothing like my old PB G4, and took me hours to get it right. Even then the display will take a bit for me to get used to, as it doesn't seem to be as consistant in brightness across the screen as my PB (moving your head changes the brightness to where you're looking).

The other thing is when playing WoW the fans go on full blast, and they're really loud. My PB never did this. Still, I'll take 60+ fps with everything turned on over 20fps with everything at minimum regardless of fan noise.

I'm sure it'll just take a while to get used to.
  • Reply 125 of 173
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,026member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vitaflo

Got mine yesterday, upgrading from a PB G4. This thing does screem. It's amazingly fast. I've only really had two issues with it. One is I hated the default color profile of the display, it was nothing like my old PB G4, and took me hours to get it right. Even then the display will take a bit for me to get used to, as it doesn't seem to be as consistant in brightness across the screen as my PB (moving your head changes the brightness to where you're looking).

The other thing is when playing WoW the fans go on full blast, and they're really loud. My PB never did this. Still, I'll take 60+ fps with everything turned on over 20fps with everything at minimum regardless of fan noise.

I'm sure it'll just take a while to get used to.

Yeah, the screen is not consisten, I agree. I don't thinkt he fans are all that loud though. As I said, my screen is darker in the right side at most angles, particularly head on. No biggie...I'll get used to it.
  • Reply 126 of 173
    I got mines the end of last month. I called my nearest Apple Store and luckily they had what I wanted. I got the 2.33Ghz, 2GB Ram, 120GB HD, Matte Screen etc... This was my first Mac purchase and I'm glad to say that it was a good decision since I am loving my new MacBook Pro. The switch wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, I'm fairly knowledgable with computers and I got used to OS X pretty quickly.

I'm a photographer and I also like video editing, and I originally bought my Mac because of all the great things I've read about Final Cut.

I've already got BootCamp installed with WinXP and OpenSUSE, and I also have Parallels with WinXP and Ubuntu loaded in it.

Here's several quick videos I made LINK.
  • Reply 127 of 173
    I just received the following from Apple for my 17" C2D MacBook Pro order that was scheduled to be shipped by Nov. 7th and delivered by Nov. 14th:
    We are unable to ship your 17-inch MacBook Pro by the date given when you

placed the order. It is now expected to ship on or before 11/14/06. We

sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause and we are

making every effort to ship this unit as soon as possible.
    The waiting game continues...
  • Reply 128 of 173
    IT LIVES!

After getting really annoyed at the Apple store for telling me no preorder was necessary, then saying that they got limited stock and those who preordered would get priority, they produced one for me overnight.

I am in love, as I knew I would be. The only strange thing for me is getting used to when I have to double-click and single-click and soforth, and arranging windows. Is there a button which causes a window to fill the whole screen, without manually dragging the window edges? The maximise button doesn't seem to do that like it does in Windows.

The only other thing is, I'm appalled at how big m4a files are - about the same as .wav I guess, but my plans of archiving a lot of my music will probably not happen at this point. I guess this is what people get iPods for.

Speaking of which, I know what's next on my shopping list...
  • Reply 129 of 173
    ordered today, est delivery 16 Nov to the Netherlands. Does anyone know if there have been delays for orders to Europe? This wait is going to kill me...one week o m g

• Reply 130 of 173
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paprochy

ordered today, est delivery 16 Nov to the Netherlands. Does anyone know if there have been delays for orders to Europe? This wait is going to kill me...one week o m g

Nice...

I ordered my MBP 15" 2.33GHz non BTO the 25th of October at MailaMac and am still waiting.

I gonna kick some ass if you got yours first.
  • Reply 131 of 173
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gar

Nice...

I ordered my MBP 15" 2.33GHz non BTO the 25th of October at MailaMac and am still waiting.

I gonna kick some ass if you got yours first.

Wow, that's a long time. Hope you get yours soon. And wtf? the prices on that site you mentioned are ridiculous! How are they that cheap? Are those prices without tax or something? Please explain.

I ordered the same model as you btw.
  • Reply 132 of 173
    I am hoping my 17 inch ships today -- I have not recieved any messages about it. But now I am starting to wonder.
  • Reply 133 of 173
    mr. amr. a Posts: 32member
    Hi,

I have been using my amazing 15inch 2.33 with glossy screen for over a week now and it is awesome. I just noticed today that when I plug in the power adapter, the battery remains at 98% and does not go to 10%. The first 1-2 days, I remember seeing 100% but today, it remains on 98% and it doesnt even show that it is charging. if I choose the setting time, it shows charged but if I change the setting to percentage, it shows 98% and the icon shows plugged in and not charging. Is anyone else seeing it happen? Any ideas to how to fix this?
  • Reply 134 of 173
    My 17 Inch Will Not Be Shipped Until The 13th To The 15th
  • Reply 135 of 173
    Quote:

Wow, that's a long time. Hope you get yours soon. And wtf? the prices on that site you mentioned are ridiculous! How are they that cheap? Are those prices without tax or something? Please explain.

I ordered the same model as you btw.

19% Tax (it's called BTW) in the Netherlands, baby.

Nothing to be happy about.

Luckily I don't live 20km more to the south, in Belgium it's a whopping 21%.

btw I will have my MacBook Pro on friday, if TNT|Post don't screw up (again).
  • Reply 136 of 173
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. A

Hi,

I have been using my amazing 15inch 2.33 with glossy screen for over a week now and it is awesome. I just noticed today that when I plug in the power adapter, the battery remains at 98% and does not go to 10%. The first 1-2 days, I remember seeing 100% but today, it remains on 98% and it doesnt even show that it is charging. if I choose the setting time, it shows charged but if I change the setting to percentage, it shows 98% and the icon shows plugged in and not charging. Is anyone else seeing it happen? Any ideas to how to fix this?

Try this

linkie
  • Reply 137 of 173
    mr. amr. a Posts: 32member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gar

Try this

linkie

Thanks, i had done that the day I got it so before using it only, i had calliberated the battery.
  • Reply 138 of 173
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gar

19% Tax (it's called BTW) in the Netherlands, baby.

Nothing to be happy about.

Luckily I don't live 20km more to the south, in Belgium it's a whopping 21%.

Ah, I figured the displayed price doesn't include tax.

btw, 20km south of you is Belgium? I have a feeling we are probably close by. Do you live in Maastricht?
  • Reply 139 of 173
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gar

Guess I'm not the only one having problems with TNT.

I was to receive my MBP this Tuesday, but... TNT screwed up . The order tracker told me it arrived here in Brussels on Tuesday morning. However, no sign of my laptop.

I called them Wednesday and they told me they actually lost the package and were searching for it. I called again today but they couldn't tell me anything more. Then I called Apple to notify them about the problem in the hope they would push TNT to look harder. I am to receive a call from TNT or a mail from Apple, but nothing yet.

Frustrating .
  • Reply 140 of 173
    Quote:

Ah, I figured the displayed price doesn't include tax.

btw, 20km south of you is Belgium? I have a feeling we are probably close by. Do you live in Maastricht?

Nope, far far away:

Breda, Noord-Brabant.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tygernoot

Guess I'm not the only one having problems with TNT.

I was to receive my MBP this Tuesday, but... TNT screwed up . The order tracker told me it arrived here in Brussels on Tuesday morning. However, no sign of my laptop.

I called them Wednesday and they told me they actually lost the package and were searching for it. I called again today but they couldn't tell me anything more. Then I called Apple to notify them about the problem in the hope they would push TNT to look harder. I am to receive a call from TNT or a mail from Apple, but nothing yet.

Frustrating .

That's very bad, you know.

My iMac has stayed a complete weekend 800 meters from me at a depot. It was send back to Dordrecht the monday there after and sent back to Breda on tuesday.

But we'll see what happens...