12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 173
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kzelk4

Lost? Or stole? haha..

Exactly... Bastards
  • Reply 162 of 173
    is there a way to increase the wireless card's range?

my router is 2 rooms away.. my Dell inspiron with 802.11b can get a better signal than my MBP.
  • Reply 163 of 173
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gar

My 15" MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz Non BTO came on friday (finally).

I agree wit teufel: It's a laptop

The MacBook revA is hotter.

After calibrating the battery once, now it gives me 3h45 minutes at full charge, while using the normal setup, i.e no significant energy saving options.

No bad pixels, but i did not test yet the Airport reception in my flat, which was pathetic with my old Titanium. ALthough it was perfect in my hotel room in nYC, but, frankly, considering the size of hotel rooms in NYC, it does not prove anything
  • Reply 164 of 173
    My 17 in shipped today!!!! Got confirmation
  • Reply 165 of 173
    bodebode Posts: 29member
    Does anyone have any idea when the new MPB 17 will get to the stores (not online)??? Unfortunately I can't buy online cause they don't accept my credit card. So I have to wait until it reachs the stores...

Anyone knows when I should expect it to reach the stores since people is reporting 17 MPB being shipped today...??

I'm calling a local store here in Houston almost everyday... but they always say they don't know... damn! I'm dying to put my hands on a brand new MBP 17!!!
  • Reply 166 of 173
    Quote:

I'm calling a local store here in Houston almost everyday...

Same thing here in Charlotte, no straight answer whatsoever, either from the store or 1-800 number. I could go tonight and pick up a 15 incher, but I'm trying to be patient and hold on for (hopefully) just a few more days. I'm switching over from a PC, and I honestly have to say that I hope every Apple product release isn't this screwed up.
  • Reply 167 of 173
    bodebode Posts: 29member
    Yeah me too. This will be my first Mac... I also don't want the 15.. not after I saw a 17 in front of me ..

Let's wait... I'll post a message here if I get a positive answer from any store here... let me know if you find out anything too...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by VideoGeek

Same thing here in Charlotte, no straight answer whatsoever, either from the store or 1-800 number. I could go tonight and pick up a 15 incher, but I'm trying to be patient and hold on for (hopefully) just a few more days. I'm switching over from a PC, and I honestly have to say that I hope every Apple product release isn't this screwed up.

• Reply 168 of 173
    I am still (im)patiently waiting for mine....it says "Ships By: Nov 15" so hopefully it will ship today.....\

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bode

I'm calling a local store here in Houston almost everyday... but they always say they don't know... damn! I'm dying to put my hands on a brand new MBP 17!!!

I thought about going to the Galleria or Memorial City, but I figured if the online store was taking a long time, the retail stores would be even worse....good luck!
  • Reply 169 of 173
    Can't be more excited! I've been waiting over half a month for the shipment notification I received last night. Unfortunately I won't have much time to play around with it when I get it, because I'll be putting it to work right away doing drawings and 3d model of my architecture project.
  • Reply 170 of 173
    I talked to a person at the store last night, and even though it looks like they're finally starting to ship, and Apple's website now says "ships in 5-7 days" as opposed to the 7-10 day s it said yesterday, all the guy at the store could tell me was that they'll be in "around the holiday season." I kid you not, those were his exact words. I guess I'm trying to figure out if it'll be quicker to order online, or hope the store gets them in this week or next.
  • Reply 171 of 173
    Quote:

doing drawings and 3d model of my architecture project.

Hey, let me ask you... what 3d app are you using on a mac? I'm a Lightwave user, but I've heard that it's not as good on a mac, so I'm thinking of changing software.
  • Reply 172 of 173
    I use Sketchup Pro, and once I have an intel processor I'll be installing Windows and Autocad 2007, Autodesk Revit 2007, and Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007. I've never used lightwave, but I'm pretty sure its not meant for architectural models.
  • Reply 173 of 173
    No, it's not... had I read more carefully, I would have realized that you're actually designing buildings, not just rendering pictures of them. I know a number of people who use it for artistic renderings, but not for actual design.