- Last Active
applesauce007 said:With h.265 dominating the AV world by the end of the year, Tidal will become less and less relevant.
SpamSandwich said:Pride band? That's the original six-color Apple logo color scheme...also, Robin Williams' rainbow-colored suspenders from the 80s.
slurpy said:anantksundaram said:I am going to finally get around to buying an AppleTV 4. The 2nd Gen in the basement is getting long in the tooth (e.g., the YouTube app is gone), so I have to bite the bullet.
This is the FIRST EVER Apple product purchase that I can recall where I am going, "meh."
The only question I have is whether I should save $50, i.e., whether a 32GB will suffice...
- Watching all my paid subscriptions and live TV guide
- Plex for my local content
- Viewing our photos and albums on a big screen through iCloud library
- Screen mirroring from iPhone/iPad when shared browsing
- Airplaying photos/videos
- Light gaming
- Watching Youtube clips
- Controling homekit products through Siri
- Yoga (my wife and I use an app as a virtual class a couple times a week. Much more convenient than trudging to and paying for classes)
- A virtual fireplace/fishtank/etc to enhance the atmosphere when we're hosting
- Streaming music through spotify and Apple Music
- And a couple other things that don't occur to me now..
Yeah.. definitely not a "meh" product for me. Probably the most useful and value-filled Apple product I own. It feels like a fucking steal to me for $200. If I had to choice but to pay 5X as much for it, I would, because it is used constantly for a variety of things and enhances our lives. But, to each their own.