Originally Posted by Askew View Post

He's gay?

So what?

I'm hetero.

Why should anyone care?

That depends, are you absurdly rich?
  • Reply 162 of 335
    dualiedualie Posts: 334member
    Irrelevant. Completely and totally irrelevant. Nobody, and least of all Apple Insider, shout care about this.
  • Reply 163 of 335
    rainrain Posts: 538member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bedouin View Post

Hopefully this will repel teabagger losers away from Apple and enhance the community even more.

Hetrophobe.
  • Reply 164 of 335
    I think the article was well written and offers nothing negative except for a few cautionary statements that the outside world might have different perceptions about Mr. Cook.

As most folks have stated - it makes no difference to me (or most folks) whether Mr. Cook, or any of the folks that work for Apple are X, Y, Z... all we care about are the products and the incredible ways they help us to be happy and work more efficiently. Apple could be run by a bunch of monkeys (see Microsoft), but so long as the products are amazing, who works there is irrelevant.
  • Reply 165 of 335
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
  • Reply 166 of 335
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigmc6000 View Post

I think you guys are missing my point - from what I can tell the original article was written from the gay perspective - ie a gay man wrote it. Yes, if a straight guy comes along and gives you a pat on the head and says, "oh hey, maybe you are just as good" that is insulting but, at least in this PC day in age, if it's a member of that group pointing out "we're just as good as you" it's a push for equality.

Obama, this is pretty much without question, rode into the White House on the wave of saying a black man can do just as good as a white man - do you consider that insulting? Most black people I've ever talked to consider it empowering - it's all about your perspective....

Since you asked, Obama rode into the White House thanks to the financial blessing of wall street, and the slobbering television media. Also the unelectable opponent.

What an embarrassing joke that was.
  • Reply 167 of 335
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Since you asked, Obama rode into the White House thanks to the financial blessing of wall street, and the slobbering television media. Also the unelectable opponent.

What an embarrassing joke that was.

As the thread slides completely off the table...

(... now things are starting to warm up...)
  • Reply 168 of 335
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by penchanted View Post

Gay or not, he seems to know how to lead the team troops when Steve is unavailable. I am amazed that gender, race and sexual orientation are even an issue when assessing someone's ability to lead a company. People should be considered on their merits.

No argument here. What was up with this article, anyone else feel like it was very scattered?
  • Reply 169 of 335
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hezetation View Post

No argument here. What was up with this article, anyone else feel like it was very scattered?

The AI article (not the inked article) appeared contrived.
  • Reply 170 of 335
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

So what I want to know is, what's his favorite color, and does he roll the toilet paper over or under?

Over rules!!! Down with the Unders!!!!! No wait, that didn't sound right...keep your pants on people!!
  • Reply 171 of 335
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by **** Applebaum View Post

The AI article (not the inked article) appeared contrived.

I was talking about the AI part. It just didn't flow well at all, found it painful to read.
  • Reply 172 of 335
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 173 of 335
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solsun View Post

Absolutely not. I don't consider there to be anything even remotely 'offensive' about being gay.

Your missing the point. Tim Cook may or may not want his sexual orientation discussed in a public forum. That is his decision to make. If he, in an interview, wants to discuss it .... then it's ok to print the interview .... but AI did not try to "confirm" this with Tim, did not even make an attempt to find out if Tim wanted this discussion to take place in a public forum and for those reasons AI is wrong to have proceeded to spread these "personal" rumors.

Nobody is claiming that being gay is offensive ... only that "outing" someone who may not even want to be outed ..... that's the offensive part. Now do you understand? Peace.
  • Reply 174 of 335
    deleted
  • Reply 175 of 335
    deleted
  • Reply 176 of 335
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Maybe a little humor will lighten the thread:

Lol the first video is so funny!

I am a gay, i'm as gay as a gay can be gay. I'm a gay, a gay gay!

Lol this sounded like a song!!!
  • Reply 177 of 335
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    Cool?there are people who will really benefit from this kind of role model.
  • Reply 178 of 335
    When I released version two of YummySoup! I decided to be open about who I am and have listed my husband in the about box. He's been a great influence in the development of YummySoup! and deserves as much. So far the response has only been positive. The less we hide who we are the more acceptance we gain.
  • Reply 179 of 335
    deleted
  • Reply 180 of 335
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PXT View Post

I bet the microsoft blogsites have stepped up the hatred.

Microsoft is also very supportive of their LGBT employees. You can find out more about this at their GLEAM (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Employees at Microsoft) page. They even put out an It Gets Better video to fight against the incidence of LGBT youth committing suicide.

More information about the It Gets Better Project can be found here.