(mac Os-x) (10.4.8) (update)

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Does Anyone Knows Including The Appleinsider Staff Know About On Wether Or Not There's Going To Be An Mac Os-x (10.4.8) Update Or Not? Anyone?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 64
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    That's an interesting forum title....
  • Reply 2 of 64
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    This is incredible because he was trying to use all-caps.
  • Reply 3 of 64
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    I think his Caps Lock is just stuck - check user title.

WE FIGURE THERE WILL BE, STEPHEN! EVENTUALLY! NOBODY KNOWS WHEN!

AM I YELLING LOUD ENOUGH??!?!
  • Reply 4 of 64
    Kickaha,

I'M SORRY, BUT I'VE GOTTA USE THEM BECAUSE I'VE GOT (CP) AND I TYPE WITH MY (NOSE). I REALLY DO HOPE THAT YOU'LL UNDERSTAND. ANYHOW, SAME HERE, I'M WONDERING IF THAT APPLE HAT QUIT DEVELOPING "TIGER". HOW ABOUT YOU? ALTHOUGH, I'VE HEARED FROM MACSHRINE THAT THEY WERE DEVELOPING IT, BUT NO OTHER NEWS SOURCES SO FAR ARE REPORTING IT. NORMALLY, THEY WAIT ABOUT (10 DAYS) OR SO, BUT IT'S BEEN ALMOST (2 MONTHS) NOW. WHAT'S GOING ON HERE FOLKS?
  • Reply 5 of 64
    ???

Uh, nothing?

We'll get updates when we get updates. No biggie. (And what's this '10 days' all about?)
  • Reply 6 of 64
    Kickaha,

NORMALLY, THE REPORTERS WAIT UNTIL (10 DAYS) ONCE THAT CURRENT UPDATE IS RELEASED OUT.
  • Reply 7 of 64
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Are you dissatisfied with 10.4.7? Is there a particular problem you're experiencing? Is there anything you need that you think 10.4.8 may provide?
  • Reply 8 of 64
    10.4.8 will provide tittilating vibration.
  • Reply 9 of 64
    Chucker,

Well I'm Having Problems With Both (mail And Safari). Everytime That I Do A New Letter My Signature Has This Space At The Bottom And When I Try To Delete In My Mail Preferences It'll Delete My Whole Entire Signature. Another Problem That I've Got Is Safari. When I Quit It, Then It'll Come Up With This Unexpectly Quit Everytime Or When I've Got A Second Window Overlapping Each Other And When I Turn That Window Off, Then It Would Crash The Whole Entire Safari Internet Program Off. Thirdly, Sometimes When I'm Doing Software Update And When It Gets Towards The Very End, Then It'll Just Hangs There Even On My (cable Internet) Sometimes. So Anyhow, I Don't Know If That You're Having The Same Problems Or Not, But The Point Is That Apple Reallt Needs To Fix These Known Issues, Don't You Think?
  • Reply 10 of 64
    This

thread

is

HILARIOUS!

I can't tell if he's joking, or not. What do you guys think?
  • Reply 11 of 64
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    There is no 10.4.8 released to developers yet. There probably will be one.

Your problems aren't due to 10.4.7, as I have none of them. You might want to post the most annoying ones in the Genius Bar forum so people can make suggestions.
  • Reply 12 of 64
    BOY, YOU KILL ME GUYS. YOU BETTER HOPE THAT THERE'S AN MAC OS-X (10.4.8) UPDATE.
  • Reply 13 of 64
    Er, if we're not the ones having the problems, then shouldn't you be the one hoping for that update?

Seriously, head to the Genius Bar and ask for advice on each of the issues. This is a pretty helpful place, usually. Most of the time. Well, except for Gene. (I keed! I keed! )

As a rough guess, it sounds like you've got a cache problem, but posting in Genius Bar will get a more thorough response from folks.
  • Reply 14 of 64
    I'd flush out any formatting issues with your signature before suspecting Mail is parsing incorrectly.

More to the point, what is your signature saved as UTF-8, UTF-16, ISO 8859-1, etc? Now compare your encoding configuration for Mail.

If they differ then whitespace will parse differently.

This of course has many admitted assumptions, but this scenario can happen.
  • Reply 15 of 64
    Stephen,

What people may not be communicating here is that your issues are not universal; you are experiencing problems you should not be encountering. The Safari crashes, for example, I've never encountered.

There's a variety of solutions to your Mail signature issue. I just pasted my mail sig into Mail's preferences; I chose the font, etc, by typing it out in Mail as a faux email and just copied and pasted the info into the signature preference pane of Mail.

WRT software updates 'hanging' towards the end of the progress meter, that is OS X doing something called 'prebinding' which makes software launch faster. While we only view one progress bar, 3 things are actually going on: the software is downloaded, it is installed, and then prebinding occurs. It can be slow and tedious if you are prebinding a large app or a lot of system files.
  • Reply 16 of 64
    Yeah Steven, why do you think the issues you're experiencing will be fixed?
  • Reply 17 of 64
    I'm typing with my nosde freom now onb. iute's dfuimn!

Ten points if you can figure out what I typed...
  • Reply 18 of 64
    Hey Guys Look, I'm Trying To Do Business Here, Don't You Guys Have More Better Things To Do Besides Judge Me, Which I Really Hate Bytheway. Anyhow, You May Not Having These Exsact Same Problems, But Goto Apple's Dicussion Web Site And You'll Find A Boatload Of Problems That Many People Are Having, Then You'll See Need For Another Tiger Update.
  • Reply 19 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by STEPHEN RAY SNELL

Hey Guys Look, I'm Trying To Do Business Here, Don't You Guys Have More Better Things To Do Besides Judge Me, Which I Really Hate Bytheway. Anyhow, You May Not Having These Exsact Same Problems, But Goto Apple's Dicussion Web Site And You'll Find A Boatload Of Problems That Many People Are Having, Then You'll See Need For Another Tiger Update.

how do you capitalize words when you're typing with your nose/ do you have a really fast neck so you can get to the letters before the shift key has a chance to release/

i'm asking in all seriousness as i'm having trouble with that myself-although my typing is getting better as you can see-i'm able to hit single keys instead of always hitting two at once with my big nose lololololol. =0

omg i am anxiously waiting your reply...
  • Reply 20 of 64
    THAT JUST HOW I TYPE. COME ON, PLEASE JUST EXCEPT MY WAY OF TYPING. LOOK YOU GUYS, I'VE JOINED THIS FORUM FOR ONE REASON AND ONE REASON ONLY AND THAT'S TO REPORT COMPUTER PROBLEMS, NOT TO SASTIFY OTHER PEOPLE'S NEEDS.