Apple slashes prices on Macs and iPods for 24-hour sale

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple Computer early Friday morning kicked-off the 2006 holiday shopping season with its annual "Black Friday" sale, offering significant discounts on Macs, iPods and accessories.

Macs and iPods

As part of this year's sale, the Cupertino, Calif.-based company is offering a $101 discount on all MacBook and iMac models, $31 off its updated fifth-generation video iPods and $21 off its second-generation iPod nanos.

Mac accessories

A handful of Mac accessory discounts include $41.00 off the Apple AirPort Express Base Station, $11.00 off the Apple wireless Mighty Mouse, and $21.95 off Canon's PIXMA mini260 Photo Printer.

iPod accessories

iPod accessory discounts are far more abundant, including $5.00 off the Nike + iPod Sport Kit, $11.00 off the Apple iPod Radio Remote, $21.95 off the Belkin TuneTalk Stereo, and $61.95 off the Sonic Impact VIDEO-55.

Specific iPod car audio deals include $21.95 off Kensington's Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger and RDS FM Transmitter/Car Charger, as well as $5.95 off Sony's CPA-9C Car Cassette Adapter.

Apple is also offering $101.95 off Shure's E5C Sound and E500PTH Sound Isolating Earphones, $61.95 off the E4C Sound Isolating Earphones, $41.95 off the E3C Sound Isolating Earphones, $21.95 off the E2C Sound Isolating Earphones, $11.95 off the Sennheiser PX100 Headphones, and $5.00 off the second-generation Apple iPod Earphones.

Over a half dozen iPod cases are part of the sale, including $5.00 off the Apple iPod nano Armband (Grey), $10.95 off iSkin's eVo3 cases, $11.00 off the Nike + Sport Armband, $11.95 off the Incase Sports Case with Armband for iPod nano, $11.95 off the XtremeMac SportWrap for iPod (Black), and $6.95 off Agent 18's VideoShields.

Apple Computer's Black Friday Sale 2006

Speakers and Audio

Apple has also knocked $51 off the cost of its iPod Hi-Fi, $31.95 off Logitech's AudioStation Express, $21.95 off JBL's Creature II Speakers, $21.95 off M-Audio's Keystation 49e USB Midi Keyboard and $6.95 off Sony's Personal Speakers SRS-P11Q.

Software

In the software department, Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition has been knocked down by $41.95, .Mac by $31.95, Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 by $21.95 and Parallels Desktop for Mac, The Sims 2, Call of Duty 2 and Sid Meier's Civilization IV each by $11.95,

Notebook cases

Rounding out Friday's sale are discounts on a handful of notebook bags, including $41.95 off the Incase Ripstop Backpack, $21.95 off the Brenthaven Metro Bag, $11.95 off the STM Alley 13" Shoulder Bag, and $5.95 off the Incase Neoprene Sleeve.

Items discounted as part of the 2006 Apple "Black Friday" are available through the company's online store and its national retail chain. The sale ends Friday at midnight.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 66
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    The Zune is Brown!!!1 Like poo!!1!
  • Reply 2 of 66
    this is cool. i have been wanting civ 4 for awile ad this may just bee the ocastion to get it.
  • Reply 3 of 66
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Most of those are very modest discounts, I wouldn't exactly call it "slashing."
  • Reply 4 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii

neither would I, but this is apple they NEVER put things on sale . Maybe we should call it peeling?
  • Reply 5 of 66
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i was kinda hoping for discounts across the line, since i've been biding my time on a macbook pro for the deepest possible discount (i guess it makes sense to discount the consumer-level stuff, but still... pro's like a bargain, too!) now i get to wait and hope that refurbs of the core2 duo mbp'ss get in the channel pre-holidays.

anyone know how long from release dates we usually see refurbs for sale? one month? two months? i figure the refurb discount essentially shoulders the price burden of the extended warranty i'll buy.
  • Reply 6 of 66
    Is there a sale in the education store as well?
  • Reply 7 of 66
    .Mac for $68, I might give it a try
  • Reply 8 of 66
    Yes, the discount is ontop of the educational discount. I just ordered a macbook, $111 off today and $50 off educational discount. Cost $1199 (CAN). And still with free shipping. A christmas present for my folks !
  • Reply 9 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wealjays

Is there a sale in the education store as well?

And what about other countries, in Europe...? Can I purchase an iPod nano on the US Store with these "slahed" prices ?
  • Reply 10 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KHannibal

And what about other countries, in Europe...? Can I purchase an iPod nano on the US Store with these "slahed" prices ?

Nope,
  • Reply 11 of 66
    kolchakkolchak Posts: 1,398member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii

Yeah, basically, it's knocking off sales tax plus a few cents. I'd rather order from the online dealers, which often have a discount or rebate and no sales tax.
  • Reply 12 of 66
    Does Apple charge tax when you buy from their online store?
  • Reply 13 of 66
    g3prog3pro Posts: 669member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ApplePi

Does Apple charge tax when you buy from their online store?

yes, they do charge tax.
  • Reply 14 of 66
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 15 of 66
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    THIS SUCKS...i purchased 2 macbooks and a nano yesterday, hmmm i wonder if they would give me the discount. have they done this before...others on this forum said no....hmmm history is changing me-lassies.
  • Reply 16 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis

Hmmmmm I could use one of those Notebook Bags for my new Macbook which I bought Wendsday....

yep Folks, I finally have a Mac and I love it to tears

Welcome to the beach.
  • Reply 17 of 66
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 18 of 66
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by saleski

Yes, the discount is ontop of the educational discount. I just ordered a macbook, $111 off today and $50 off educational discount. Cost $1199 (CAN). And still with free shipping. A christmas present for my folks !

Did you notice that on the Canadian store the discount for the white models is $111 but the discount for the more expensive black model is $101? I wonder if Apple made a mistake when they put up the numbers on the Canadian store: the American store has discounts of $101 on all three macbooks.
  • Reply 19 of 66
    I did notice the "black tax" again. I'm still not sure why the black is so popular...from 10ft away it looks like an IBM. eewwww. Plus the white looks great with my 40" mac-white Samsung LCD TV !
  • Reply 20 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by g3pro

yes, they do charge tax.

But only if there is an Apple Retail store physically located in state, o/w there should be no sales tax (at least, that is the norm for all e-retailers; unless Apple is different).