Apple slashes prices on Macs and iPods for 24-hour sale

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    dojobi

When you filled out the form on that page and clicked on the send button, did anything happen? I just tried it and thee doesn't seem to be any response—no feedback of any kind that the message was sent.

nevermind. I was on the Ausie page. ent to US page and the button worked.
  • Reply 62 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ApplePi

Does Apple charge tax when you buy from their online store?

Apple does not charge tax. Each individual state is who charges the sales tax. For any state that Apple has business offices in, they would be required to collect that state's sales tax, which gets turned over to the state. Apple has physical offices in most states.
  • Reply 63 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bjojade

Apple does not charge tax. Each individual state is who charges the sales tax. For any state that Apple has business offices in, they would be required to collect that state's sales tax, which gets turned over to the state. Apple has physical offices in most states.

Last I remember, a lot of online stores, if you live in California and ship to a California address or have a California address on your credit card, you have to pay the Cal. sales tax on checkout and final payment. Since Apple is based in California, I guess it's a no-brainer that you will get charged Cal. sales tax for Apple products if you buy online from Apple and live in California. AFAIK. Amazon.com as well, AFAIK.
  • Reply 64 of 66
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Last I remember, a lot of online stores, if you live in California and ship to a California address or have a California address on your credit card, you have to pay the Cal. sales tax on checkout and final payment. Since Apple is based in California, I guess it's a no-brainer that you will get charged Cal. sales tax for Apple products if you buy online from Apple and live in California. AFAIK. Amazon.com as well, AFAIK.

The state may require tax on online purchases IF the company you are buying from has a "brick and mortar" operation in that state. Otherwise, by order of Congress, no.
  • Reply 65 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross

The state may require tax on online purchases IF the company you are buying from has a "brick and mortar" operation in that state. Otherwise, by order of Congress, no.

Cool. Australia: 2 Days to go to 1st December "Black Friday" here. All prices shown always include a 10% "goods and services" tax down here. But discounts will be around...! So tempting... especially now apparently you can "hack" your shoe so that Nike+iPod kit works in a non-Nike shoe........... http://podophile.com/ 8)

BTW though, "Podophile" is a really really really terrible name.... for obvious reasons I leave to your imagination.
  • Reply 66 of 66
    Shoe mods rock 8)