Apple slashes prices on Macs and iPods for 24-hour sale

Comments

• Reply 21 of 66
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER

THIS SUCKS...i purchased 2 macbooks and a nano yesterday, hmmm i wonder if they would give me the discount. have they done this before...others on this forum said no....hmmm history is changing me-lassies.

SWEEEEEET---called customer service about my 5 invoices ( i bought a lot of mac stuff) they are giving me the discounts....yo-baby

(wierd to reply to my own post )
  • Reply 22 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider

Apple Computer early Friday morning kicked-off the 2006 holiday shopping season with its annual "Black Friday" sale, offering significant discounts on Macs, iPods and accessories.

I bought the Video 55 for my iPod today. I wanted to buy it earlier this week, but then waited for this day. Normally $299, it was $238 - what a savings!
  • Reply 23 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wealjays

Is there a sale in the education store as well?

Just called Apple to check, since someone above mentioned there was a "double" discount: I was told by the Apple salesperson that you get either the Black Friday discount or the educational discount.

• Reply 24 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KHannibal

And what about other countries, in Europe...? Can I purchase an iPod nano on the US Store with these "slahed" prices ?

Australia is getting it on December 1st. See Here. So it could be that Europe will get a sale as well.
  • Reply 25 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by furious_

Australia is getting it on December 1st. See Here. So it could be that Europe will get a sale as well.

Well... Nothing in Switzerland for the moment... Later perhaps... Actually there is something else, but it's only a guide... No trace of anything similar to this...
  • Reply 26 of 66
    Store is getting hammered at the moment (US Store shows "Can't connect to application instance")
  • Reply 27 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by furious_

Fracking sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet BOOOO YEAHHHHH !!!11!!!1!!! Or in Aussie, "You bloody ripper!!!"
  • Reply 28 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram

Just called Apple to check, since someone above mentioned there was a "double" discount: I was told by the Apple salesperson that you get either the Black Friday discount or the educational discount.

Sorry mate, but this makes sense. Companies hardly, if ever, allow double-ups on promotions. 8)
  • Reply 29 of 66
    Apple store US Down. Message:: "We'll be back soon" ... Either mad ass demand or new products???? Heh. Sweeeeet. 8)
  • Reply 30 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider

As part of this year's sale, the Cupertino, Calif.-based company is offering a

$101 discount on all MacBook and iMac models,

$31 off its updated fifth-generation video iPods and

$21 off its second-generation iPod nanos.

Hmmm... estimates on Australia Dec 1st sale..........

AUD $121 off all MacBooks, MacBookPros and iMacs,

AUD $41 off all latest-gen iPod videos

AUD $31 off all latest-gen iPod nanos.

Optimistic I think ... Otherwise matching discounts are

AUD $101 off all MacBooks, MacBookPros and iMacs,

AUD $31 off all latest-gen iPod videos

AUD $21 off all latest-gen iPod nanos.

$100 off a MacBook is nice. Good time to buy MacBook or MacBookPros

Fracking sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

MacBook 13.3" glossy

Subtotal A$ 2,518.00

approx A$ 2400.00 inc. GST on Dec 1st

Estimated Ship:

within 24 hours

Free Shipping

* 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

* 1GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x512

* 80GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm

* SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW)

* Keyboard/Mac OS

* AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook/iBook - Auto-enroll

* AirPort Extreme built-in

* Bluetooth 2.0 built-in
  • Reply 31 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by VoxBarbara

Welcome to the beach.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis

Thanks, just keep me away from the Beach ball, I was never really a fan of those

ROFL ...ForceQuit is your friend. But you'll only need him/her some of the time, if at all..... Nice friend that, always there, even if you neglect him/her for months at a time
  • Reply 32 of 66
    I almost placed an order earlier today on the Apple store. Now I finally got on ready to do it and it's down. Now I'm curious. I'd like to think they'll add more sales, maybe money off on a MacBook Pro
  • Reply 33 of 66
    Wooooooooooooooo0000000000000000tttttttttttttttttt tt!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!
  • Reply 34 of 66
    I go pack my golf bag now for this weekend. W000t!1!!
  • Reply 35 of 66
    what the crap! apple store is down for the past 10 minutes
  • Reply 36 of 66
    and now it just came up and I don't see any sales. Am I wrong? It seems they are gone and had the idea this is a 24 hour sale. I wasn't going to cut my order close to midnight but it's 6PM mountain time now.I never expected it to end this soon. I'm hoping this is a mistake. I was going to order some products anyway so that won't stop me but yet I don't want to order and see the prices back in 10 minutes.
  • Reply 37 of 66
    store is back. And the sale is still going on. Their server is getting hammered right now...it's going to be huge for AAPL
  • Reply 38 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by taoshen1983

....Their server is getting hammered right now...it's going to be huge for AAPL

Totally. What a freakin' blowout quarter this is going to be for Apple. They must be very confident of what to do in 2007 to roll off this huge momentum. They'd better. I feel it in my bones though, 2007 is going to be very interesting and great expansion of Apple's services and products, while keeping its core values and unique selling points.
  • Reply 39 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by taoshen1983

store is back. And the sale is still going on. Their server is getting hammered right now...it's going to be huge for AAPL

I logged on to the site (specifically the store) at least at six or seven different points today (since I had quite a bit of holiday shopping to do), and not once did Apple's server seem slow or "hammered." This was between 11 AM and 7 PM EDT in the US. I also got on the phone three times to follow up with questions/concerns related to my order(s), and I was HUGELY impressed by how quickly I got thru to a live person from Apple each time.

I did not experience anything close to what you are talking about.

Are you sure it was not a problem with your ISP? (The only reason I ask is because of your deduction from the experience that ".....it's going to be huge for AAPL").
  • Reply 40 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Totally. What a freakin' blowout quarter this is going to be for Apple. They must be very confident of what to do in 2007 to roll off this huge momentum. They'd better. I feel it in my bones though, 2007 is going to be very interesting and great expansion of Apple's services and products, while keeping its core values and unique selling points.

Hey Sunil, since you like AAPL as much as I do, why don't you own some shares like your brother is?