Digg founder spills beans on Apple iPhone?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 134
    idleidle Posts: 49member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BuzDots

Ya know, I agree. And, people should value themselves more than to be tied to a universal, unseen umbilical cord.

And I know I'm gonna get fired on for this one but.. only a true lacky carries a cell phone - be honest with yourself!

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I think you have a pretty silly opinion

I carry a cell phone because it's a safety device. And having a phone does not mean that one is tied to an "umbilical cord," right? You don't have to answer it.
  • Reply 22 of 134
    mgkwhomgkwho Posts: 167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by desarc

omfg, it can't teleport me from work to home to avoid traffic? lame.

um helloooooooooo...it's only a rumor.

gosh.

-=|Mgkwho
  • Reply 22 of 134
    Quote:

gosh.

-=|Mgkwho
  • Reply 22 of 134
    Quote:

gosh.

-=|Mgkwho
  • Reply 22 of 134
    erm...somehow i doubled posted...sorry...

like 5 times...
  • Reply 26 of 134
    Quote:

everyone is rude nowadays. it has nothing to do with cellphones.

what really bothers me is that even IF apple came out with something as high tech as the N95 in a package as small as the nano with a full screen and slide out qwerty, people would STILL complain.

omfg, i can't believe it doesnt have 802.11 n... omfg, only 3 megapixels?... omfg, no terabyte hard drive? omfg, only 24 hours of talk time? omfg i can't run photoshop on in? omfg, it can't teleport me from work to home to avoid traffic? lame.

well im sorry to disapoint you but the iphone will have a TWO terabyte hard drive via .mac, two imbedded-in-the-screen 3 mp cameras, a newly written 802.11 r standard, mind reading talk technology so unlimited talk time, a 3D projector to run photoshop with vista (rewritten by apple), and the ability to shift time space to create simultaneous alternate dimensions where you CAN be two places at once.</speculation>

but your right, they'll still complain about scratches.

or some goof will sue because he sits on it.
  • Reply 27 of 134
    Kevin "The Stinking Drunk" Rose may be right, but he and his sophomoric buddy are still idiots. I'd rather listen to Leo Laporte talk about nearly anything over those soused losers.
  • Reply 28 of 134
    Quote:

omfg, i can't believe it doesnt have 802.11 n... omfg, only 3 megapixels?... omfg, no terabyte hard drive? omfg, only 24 hours of talk time? omfg i can't run photoshop on in? omfg, it can't teleport me from work to home to avoid traffic? lame.

and omg what's with teh lameo integrated grafix card I'll never buy one till they have a better one...
  • Reply 29 of 134
    snoopysnoopy Posts: 1,901member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider

It should be noted that his past predictions on Apple products have come within hours, not months, of the formal introduction for those products.

It will be announced tomorrow?

• Reply 30 of 134
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member

gosh.

-=|Mgkwho
  • Reply 31 of 134
    Wonder how long it will be before we read stories about heads rolling at Apple related to the KR iPhone story. Surely someone's going to pay for the leak if Apple's history of punishing leakers is still a good indication of their present position.
  • Reply 32 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Idle

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I think you have a pretty silly opinion

I carry a cell phone because it's a safety device. And having a phone does not mean that one is tied to an "umbilical cord," right? You don't have to answer it.

Well, there you have it! Idle, you are right, it does make a good safety device. I stand corrected.

Come on backtomac, I said be honest...
  • Reply 33 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider

In the latest episode of his weekly podcast, Digg founder Kevin Rose claims some knowledge of Apple Computer's initial iPhone product.

According to Rose, the extremely compact device will work with both CDMA and GSM networks, making it compatible with all of the most popular wireless carriers, such as Verizon, Sprint, Cingular and T-Mobile.

Apple is also doing "some unique things" with the device, he said, like building in two separate batteries -- one for the music player portion and the other for the actual phone.

Rose, who has provided accurate information on Apple products in the past, added that Apple is likely to introduce two models of the phone: a $249 4GB model and a $449 8GB model.

It should be noted that his past predictions on Apple products have come within hours, not months, of the formal introduction for those products.

Still, Rose appeared high in his convictions, even adding that a touch-screen may also be in the cards for the face of the device.

A copy of this week's Diggnation podcast is available here.

I hope this guys "hours" prediction is right. The Christmas season is the most active time for cell phones. MWSF would be more dramatic, it would cost many sales.
  • Reply 34 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cherrypop

Wonder how long it will be before we read stories about heads rolling at Apple related to the KR iPhone story. Surely someone's going to pay for the leak if Apple's history of punishing leakers is still a good indication of their present position.

Expect Steve to put out a contract on Kevin Rose, and Boba Fett, Dengar, Bossk, IG-88, 4-LOM, Zuckuss and Aurra Sing to answer the call.
  • Reply 35 of 134
    Apple would have to dump nearly as much money into advertising the iPhone as they did developing it to make it a success by Christmas. I mean, no one but us Mac Fans would have even heard of the thing, with little more than 3 weeks till Christmas!

I say.... aint ganna happen!
  • Reply 36 of 134
    Agreed.
  • Reply 37 of 134
    Take the weekend off?
  • Reply 38 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac

I guess if you're unemployed you don't need one.

I've never used my cellphone for anything employment-related. I have unemployed friends who use their cellphones much more often than I do. If I can possibly get away with it, I'd much prefer to use a land line.

The most frequently called number on my cellphone is the city's automated bus schedule system, to let me know how much time I have left to run to the nearest stop. Sometimes, I'll use it to call friends. Otherwise, its primary purpose is for emergencies.

And I usually don't give my cellphone number out specifically because I enjoy the freedom of being untethered from the office every now and then; if I gave out the number to business contacts, then I'd feel obligated to leave the phone turned on.
  • Reply 39 of 134
    Regarding dual battery... perhaps it will be two virtual batteries (over 1 physical battery) instead of two physical batteries. I maybe naive about battery technology, but it seems rather inefficient to have two smaller batteries instead of one large one, and use software/technology to ration power to multimedia and phone functionalities. Double points if phone functionality can borrow battery from multimedia.

And regarding 4GB and 8GB's $200 price difference, perhaps 4GB will be carrier branded and locked and 8GB will be unbranded and unlocked?
  • Reply 40 of 134
    Oooooh boy!!!! > Now MS will come out with a phone as well.