Your Ride (Bicycles) Pics

Comments

• Reply 61 of 81
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flick Justice

Cake,

at first glance I'm like 'cakes live in china somewhere look at all those bikes!'

where is that?

flick.

A film studio where I work.

The lot is fairly large so many people ride bikes to get to and fro.

On the weekends there is usually twice as many bikes there and it sometimes is a challenge just to find your bike - then you have to try and extract it from the mass of other bikes.

Kind of a pain, but it beats walkin'.
  • Reply 62 of 81
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

OK, maybe you guys can help me out.....

I'd start with a MBK, get some higher gearing (see above) and get some slick/semi slick tyres.

2nd choice, I'd get one of those hybrid bikes that look like an MBK, the ones with 700c wheels.
  • Reply 63 of 81
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Oh yeah Flick, I nearly forgot to tell you about my crazy idea.

I was thinking of mating one of those Shimano Nexus 7 speed internal gearing things to a 9 speed cluster.

Imagine the gearing on that

Do you think its possible? I have a welding torch available.
  • Reply 64 of 81
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flick Justice

Is that you?

Have you ever been to Calgary Alberta, Canada?

We have a new park called millenium park.

Virtual tour (quicktime VR)

its open 24/7 as they have huge lights and very often you'll find a DJ spining records at night just for fun as you skate or ride..

flick.

yes its me, i havent ever been to canada but hopefully in the next few years ill be able to get up there
  • Reply 65 of 81
    Quote:

Originally posted by MarcUK

I was thinking of mating one of those Shimano Nexus 7 speed internal gearing things to a 9 speed cluster.

Dear Frankenbike..

you know if you manage it.. PLEASE take a photo.

I'm not sure the world is ready for such a bike..

flick.
  • Reply 66 of 81
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I wish I had pics of my Yeti ARC, but I've recently taken up biking again and somehow in the last 3 months I've thrashed it pretty badly. It's almost painful to look at it now.

As for seat positioning. I keep mine almost parallel in height with my bars, but that's a byproduct of me not having the longest legs. I also have knuckle-dragging length arms so my preference in bike geometry steered me toward Yeti's long top tubes and chainstays. I'm sort of sad for my bike...I doubt I'll ever get another Yeti...it's not the same company...in fact it's been several different companies since I got mine in 1996.

I only once weighed my bike way back when, but it was 22.5 pounds with '97 Shimano XTR components...most of which have long since broken and been replaced by a smattering of Syncros and RaceFace crap. Bike weight is crap anyway, isn't it? Other than the weight of the wheels themselves, shouldn't we be more worried about our own weight, heh.
  • Reply 67 of 81
    adpowersadpowers Posts: 188member
    2004 Trek 1500

Andrew
  • Reply 68 of 81
    Just bought a commuter bike. It's unique in that it's shaft drive not chain drive. So far I'm loving it.

Made by Dynamic Bicycles

Model: Runabout 7 Speed

• Reply 69 of 81
    Quote:

Originally posted by MarcUK

Was just scanning more of the other posts after I posted. I have the Shimano Nexus gear box on my bike (see my post above). It's a pretty cool gear box.
  • Reply 70 of 81
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
  • Reply 71 of 81
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jared

I'm sorry but I just can't allow this to be here..

flick.
  • Reply 72 of 81
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
  • Reply 73 of 81
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
  • Reply 74 of 81
    Quote:

Originally posted by [email protected]

Just bought a commuter bike. It's unique in that it's shaft drive not chain drive. So far I'm loving it.

Made by Dynamic Bicycles

Model: Runabout 7 Speed

I was thinking about getting one of those, but my friends convinced me to get my first road bike:

Just got back from doing 40 miles along Hermosa, Venice and Malibu beaches.

Very fun.
  • Reply 75 of 81
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

I was thinking about getting one of those, but my friends convinced me to get my first road bike:

Just got back from doing 40 miles along Hermosa, Venice and Malibu beaches.

Very fun.

What type of brake hoods do you have?
  • Reply 76 of 81
    Just got back from riding 4 hours of horrible, washed-out, rocky trails in PA. And I saw a huge black bear.
  • Reply 77 of 81
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent

What type of brake hoods do you have?

Shimano components all around.

Shimano Ultegra 6600 10 spd. rear

Shimano Ultegra 6600 dbl.front

Shimano Ultegra 6600 brakes:

• Reply 78 of 81
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

Just got back from riding 4 hours of horrible, washed-out, rocky trails in PA. And I saw a huge black bear.

Crappy ride. Crappy trail. But I thought this flat watery section looked really scenic.

Nice example of carrying a bike like a girl:

Nice shot, but the climb to get to Lake Scranton was probably not worth it.

• Reply 79 of 81
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Bumped for my hours-ago purchased Specialized Hardrock:

The frame geometry of this bike is exactly what I was looking for, almost a hybrid between BMX and mountain.
  • Reply 80 of 81
    yoseyose Posts: 62member
    My favourite bike was my old IronHorse MT600R I got when I was in highschool in the mid 90's. I loved the long frame (Aframe they called it) and the components were great for what I did (LX). It was relatively light, responsive and different.

Sadly, I was riding over some streetcar tracks in Toronto a couple summers ago and the rear right chainstay snapped and it was a block before I noticed it! The bike just started wobbling (was thinking about school). Took it into a store to be sent down to Ironhorse for warranty (lifetime warranty onthe frame) and the store lost the replacement frame.. and then once I got a new frame (9 months later) they had lost my parts. I got a new bike out of their lawyers for that.

I'd still rather have that old bike of mine than this new one they gave me (a comparable "modern" Iron Horse).

I also have a Miyata 1000 touring bike from the 1980's in mint condition.. 23" frame and RADIAL tires. It's pretty cool and just wants fly.. so easy to ride it. I got it from my Uncle when I was bikeless from the IronHorse debacle.