or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › 30 GB iPod for Price of 15 GB!

30 GB iPod for Price of 15 GB! - Page 2

post #41 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by RazzFazz
Hmm, strange, I ordered on the same day, and haven't received any such email yet. Also still says estimated shipping time 06/03 on the order status website.

Same here.
post #42 of 86
Uh-oh. I just checked the Dell order status page for my iPod and it has now changed. It no longer shows the different stages of production with an estimated shipping date. Now it just says:

Currently one or more items are not available. Every effort is being made to complete your order.

Delayed Currently attempting to complete order.

I have a bad feeling about this...
post #43 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by TWinbrook46636
Uh-oh. I just checked the Dell order status page for my iPod and it has now changed. It no longer shows the different stages of production with an estimated shipping date. Now it just says:

Currently one or more items are not available. Every effort is being made to complete your order.

Delayed Currently attempting to complete order.

Same here, unfortunately.

Quote:

I have a bad feeling about this...

What was that saying again? "An offer that looks too good to be true probably is."

I just hope they'll manage to send it before I have to go back home in mid-july...
post #44 of 86
This might be why they just plain yanked any and all references to the iPod a few weeks ago. They didn't even say they were sold out or on back order. Even now, they only have the 10GB iPod with a significant wait.

I was really disappointed that I missed out on the Dell deal, but my Amazon order is somewhere between here and Cambellsville, KY as we speak. Granted, it will be a week or more before I see it (super-saver shipping) and I paid a lot more for it too.
post #45 of 86
Quote:
Same here, unfortunately.

What was that saying again? "An offer that looks too good to be true probably is."

I just hope they'll manage to send it before I have to go back home in mid-july...

Dell does this all the time so don't worry bout it too much. The worse that can happen is you get your iPod late (Dell can't charge you until it ships anyway).

I got my 20GB at $284 (thanks to Eugene/Fatwallet) and can't be happier.
One iMac G5, one iPod, many PCs.
One iMac G5, one iPod, many PCs.
post #46 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by klinux
Dell does this all the time so don't worry bout it too much. The worse that can happen is you get your iPod late (Dell can't charge you until it ships anyway).

Problem for me is, if they delay the shipment for too long (as in another month or so) I won't even be in the States any more. Any idea what a realistic timeframe for delays like this would be?
post #47 of 86
Hmm, I ordered *cough* a few from Dell toward the tailing end of the last deal and got them all before May 21...
I can change my sig again!
post #48 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by Eugene
Hmm, I ordered *cough* a few from Dell toward the tailing end of the last deal and got them all before May 21...

Uh, wasn't the last deal on 05/19? So you got them within two days? Dammit, guess I should have taken some of the saved money and upgraded shipping...
post #49 of 86
Quote:
Uh, wasn't the last deal on 05/19? So you got them within two days? Dammit, guess I should have taken some of the saved money and upgraded shipping...

Just checked. I ordered the morning of the 16th. I didn't specify shipping and there was no signature confirmation so it was sent UPS Ground. They shipped the very afternoon and were delivered the morning of the 21st.
post #50 of 86
Oh great:

Quote:

We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship
your order sooner,

we are experiencing an unexpected delay and will not be able to ship this
order and

any associated orders until on or before 6/30/2003.

Guess no iPod for me, then...
post #51 of 86
I ordered on the 19th, was origonally quoted may 29th, then delayed to June 9th.
I haven't gotten anything else saying a delay until the 30th, and hopefullly I won't!
If they do, I'll have to change the shipping addy as I'm moving on the 18th.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #52 of 86
They delayed my shipping until at least June 30. I decided I didn't want to wait that long so I cancelled my order with Dell.
post #53 of 86
Mine is now officially delayed until the 19th.
I had to call them so they didn't cancel my order.
I suspect they realized how burned they were getting by the coupons. I mean, a 15GB ipod for $319 has got to be selling at a loss.
So, they decided to delay and delay people's orders to see how many the could get to cancel. But I refuse, dang it!
I'm a patient man, i can wait.......
post #54 of 86
i almost feel guilty that i got mine in 5 days

g (the bastage)
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
post #55 of 86
Very strange, just looked at the order status page again, and apparently, despite the delay notice, my iPod was actually shipped on 06/04. Makes me kinda wonder if their system was just experiencing some kind of glitch, or if this was a deliberate ploy to get people to cancel their orders. I was pretty close to doing just that and get a reduced 20GB model instead, and I'm sure glad I waited a little... Very much looking forward to 06/10.
post #56 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by Flounder
I'm a patient man, i can wait.......

Same deal here, although the date the new on or before date they gave me is now 6/20.

They're going to have to work harder than this to get me to cancel.
Every smile's a trial thought in beguile to hurt me ... Michael Jackson (Heartbreak Hotel)
Every smile's a trial thought in beguile to hurt me ... Michael Jackson (Heartbreak Hotel)
post #57 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by DeafeningSilence
Same deal here, although the date the new on or before date they gave me is now 6/20.

They're going to have to work harder than this to get me to cancel.

Damn straight! Power to the people!
post #58 of 86
Notice that they say you must respond by the 8th in order for them to continue with the order. The 8th is a Sunday and they are closed that day. I will take legal action against them if they do not ship my iPod.
post #59 of 86
Quote:
Very strange, just looked at the order status page again, and apparently, despite the delay notice, my iPod was actually shipped on 06/04. Makes me kinda wonder if their system was just experiencing some kind of glitch, or if this was a deliberate ploy to get people to cancel their orders. I was pretty close to doing just that and get a reduced 20GB model instead, and I'm sure glad I waited a little... Very much looking forward to 06/10.

Same here...I got an email from Dell on Fri the 6th at 2:28pm that said it wouldn't ship until 6/20. Dell's status page says it shipped Fri the 6th at 10:29pm. I got a valid UPS tracking # and everything...my 30GB iPod left Mesquite, TX @ 3:48am this morning.

Hello iPod on the 12th!

MTV is to music as KFC is to chicken.
- Lewis Black
- Lewis Black
post #60 of 86
About f'ing time. I just checked after hearing about all you guys having yours shipped and, what do you know, mine was shipped too. It shipped yesterday. Do I still have to call them up? I tried calling them yesterday to keep the order (and give them a piece of my mind), but the number was constantly busy. This is the last thing I ever order from Dell. I've been treated like cr*p every time I order something from them (well, twice so far). </rant>

Andrew
MusicMobs: Music recommendations based on your iTunes library. Publish your playlists.
MusicMobs: Music recommendations based on your iTunes library. Publish your playlists.
post #61 of 86
Looks like they are going to automatically cancel mine as of tommorow. They email me after business hours on friday and tell me I have until the 8th to tell them to continue with the order but they are closed until that time. What a bunch of ****ing idiots. How do they manage to stay in business?
post #62 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by TWinbrook46636
Looks like they are going to automatically cancel mine as of tommorow. They email me after business hours on friday and tell me I have until the 8th to tell them to continue with the order but they are closed until that time. What a bunch of ****ing idiots. How do they manage to stay in business?

There should be an emaail address in the email you got from them. Just send a message to that address, include your order number, and tell them not to cancel...you don't have to call them.
- Lewis Black
- Lewis Black
post #63 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by Colby2000

There should be an emaail address in the email you got from them. Just send a message to that address, include your order number, and tell them not to cancel...you don't have to call them.

Except that no one is there to handle the email. They are closed. I actually received two emails on Friday evening. The first said I must reply by 9:00 PM on the 9th. The second said my order would be cancelled if I did not let them know by the 8th.

Last time I placed an order with Dell they pulled the same delay with a hard drive except it took three weeks and several hours on the phone to get the order cancelled. Now I can't keep them from cancelling my order. Sheesh!

I never have problems like this when dealing with Apple. Hell, I never have problems like this dealing with anyone.
post #64 of 86
if anyone is still waiting to get their iPod... check this out... it seems you can get an ADDITIONAL $30-$50 off because of the delay!!! damn I shoulda ordered one....

anyone hear of any other deals?
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #65 of 86
I just called Dell. My iPod has shipped (arrives tomorrow) and they said they can't offer any more discounts. Also, I told them that their e-mail support is useless, but I doubt anything will happen with that comment, (even though he "made a note" about it). Grrr, Dell.

Andrew
post #66 of 86
My 30 gb ipod arrived today. Dell never sent out a shipment confirmation email, which I find odd. But anyway, I'm quite in love with the ipod, although I hope never to be tempted to order from Dell again.

Hope those left of you waiting get your pods soon....
post #67 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by DeafeningSilence
My 30 gb ipod arrived today. Dell never sent out a shipment confirmation email, which I find odd.

Yeah, I didn't get a shipment confirmation email either, which seems kinda odd given that I actually signed up for that order notification thing on the web page. Anyways, the iPod is here, so I'm not complaining.
post #68 of 86
Hey Deaf and Razz,

When did you order yours? I ordered on 5/15.

My account still says it will ship by 5/30. I have called a few times the last couple of days... I finally got a hold of someone who would check more than just the online order info - she said she would call me back in the morning and never did...

So I haven't received a satisfactory answer yet...

I've been reading that people who ordered AFTER me have received thier iPods...

Jerremy
post #69 of 86
I ordered on 5/18, and I agree that something fishy seems to be going on in your case.
post #70 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerremy
When did you order yours? I ordered on 5/15.

I ordered on 5/15, also.
post #71 of 86
I am now delayed until July 8th!
Man, I'm getting pissed now.
But I'll be damned if they'll get me to cancel my order!
post #72 of 86
Flounder:

How do you know this? Did you get an email or is that a quote from customer service?

I have called a 4 times in the past week and a half, and they keep saying they don't know an estimated ship date because it's 'back-ordered with the manufacturer".

My order status page still says:

Estimated Ship Date: on or before 05/30/2003

The reps on the phone have been useless - it's pretty frustrating. Also, knowing that people who ordered after me (I ordered on 5/15) have received their orders...

I emailed this morning and I received this:

Thank you for contacting Dell Customer Care.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused due to delay in order.
I reviewed your account information in our database and I show
order number 353056295 is currently in backorder. We are unable
to provide any estimated ship date for the ipod since the item
is not available in stock. If you wish to change or cancel your
order for the same then please contact our sales department at:

1-800-915-3355
Extension: 43784

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit the
following website to contact us.

www.DellCustomerCare.com

Thank you once again for choosing Dell Customer Care. Have a
nice day.

Anyone else not receive their order yet?

- Jerremy
post #73 of 86
Jeremy
I got an e-mail about it. This has happened three times now. Two or three days before it's supposed to be shipped date, I get an e-mail delaying it another ten days/two weeks.
post #74 of 86
Hey again,

Jeez, I wish I'd get an email.

Does your order status update with the new date?

This is very frustrating.

I 'll post again if my situation is updated.

- Jerremy
post #75 of 86
Quote:
Hey again,

Jeez, I wish I'd get an email.

Does your order status update with the new date?

This is very frustrating.

I 'll post again if my situation is updated.

- Jerremy

Nope, it still says on the website that it is scheduled to ship by may 29th. I'm going to give them a call sometime today or Friday.
post #76 of 86
Hey Flounder,

Let me know what they tell you.

I'll post back if I hear anything as well.

-Jerremy

**Update**

Just got an email from Dell:

We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner, we are experiencing an unexpected delay and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before 7/9/2003.

If you do not wish to wait, you may cancel your order and receive a prompt refund.

---

And then the usual blah, blah about having to call or my order will be cancelled... I'm on hold right now.

They are trying ever so hard to get me to cancel it seems...

-Jerremy
post #77 of 86
There is a GOD!
My iPod has FINALLY shipped!

Stupid e-mail confirmation didn't work for me either.
It apparently shipped on Friday so it should be here in the next day or two!

Patience is a virtue......
post #78 of 86
Hi again Flounder,

Looks like I'm LAST on the list.

How do you know it shipped?

...Your order status page, or did you receive an email notification? I just checked my order page, and I just get the 5/30 expected ship date.

Let me know if you could.

Glad yours is on the way.

-Jerremy
post #79 of 86
Quote:
Hi again Flounder,

Looks like I'm LAST on the list.

How do you know it shipped?

...Your order status page, or did you receive an email notification? I just checked my order page, and I just get the 5/30 expected ship date.

Let me know if you could.

Glad yours is on the way.

-Jerremy

I checked the order status page, no e-mail notification.
It said "shipped 6/20." It even gave the time, although I don't recall what that was.

I feel for you. I mean, you ordered yours four days before me!
I think it's time for some serious phone bitching. Insist on talking to someone higher up on the food chain.
post #80 of 86
Hi Flounder,

Thanks for the update.

This is so frustrating...

I have called and emailed... I just get their poor customer service reps w/no satisfactory answers.

If you wouldn't mind - as ammo, could you email me off the board here with your order #? Then I can call them and say, "Hey, my new buddy Flouder ordered 4 days after me, and he gets his iPod - here's his order #."

If not - that's cool. It would just give me something to argue with.

Thanks for the info!

-Jerremy
jerremy at nycap dot rr dot com
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › 30 GB iPod for Price of 15 GB!