Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Snowball.

Good name

Snowball the OS X Snow Leopard
  • Reply 82 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Yeah I know about the general whinning that not much has changed interface wise...

Dave

Not much has changed except to throw even more interface styles into the already overflowing mix.

I love Apple, and I prefer OS X to Windows, but admit it, the thing is the poster child for how NOT to adhere to your own interface guidelines.
  • Reply 83 of 127
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by normis View Post

soooo lame. just as somebody else said - so un-apple

Quote:
    Originally Posted by palegolas View Post

Weird... Doesn't look good. Looks very un-Apple..?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Couldn't disagree more.

Ireland. Quite. Normis and Palegolas clearly weren't buying Apple products around 2003...

I really like the design but the fact that this looks like an old design to those of us who've been with the company for a while makes me doubt them.

http://web.archive.org/web/200310020....com/software/
  • Reply 84 of 127
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pondosinatra View Post

Not much has changed except to throw even more interface styles into the already overflowing mix.

I love Apple, and I prefer OS X to Windows, but admit it, the thing is the poster child for how NOT to adhere to your own interface guidelines.

Actaully, OS X's look still seems rather understated and coherent to me.

What inconsistencies are you referring to?
  • Reply 85 of 127
    I like the clean white and grey design in this article, but then why is Amazon using this box art advertising the upcoming release? And a blue design for 10.6 Server?

Leads me to think that the Apple Insider post is a fan mock up.
  • Reply 86 of 127
    wobegonwobegon Posts: 764member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by se7en-pt View Post

Keynote WWDC 2009

Thank you! I think people missed this picture because you didn't enclose it in IMG tags.

@codymr,

Amazon's just using Apple's placeholder boxart, which you can see here and here.

Lastly, for everyone who keeps saying you'll need Leopard to install Snow Leopard, that appears to be untrue:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple

Upgrading from Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger.

If your Intel-based Mac is running Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger, purchase the Mac Box Set (when available), which is a single, affordable package that includes Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard; iLife ’09, with the latest versions of iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, iWeb, and iDVD; and iWork ’09, Apple’s productivity suite for home and office including Pages, Numbers, and Keynote.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/specs.html
  • Reply 87 of 127
    If it was sent to Macrumors then it is definitely a fake, probably created by one of their stupid mods.
  • Reply 88 of 127
    Throwing in the "Planet Earth" Blu-Ray into my player right now, and going straight to the Snow Leopard scene!
  • Reply 89 of 127
    That's really cool, how did you see the GPS stuff ?

Quote:

Well, i did some deep research about that pictures, and was taken in Newbridge, Kildare and not in Portugal. I dont know if Apple have something there, like designers of something, maybe someone could help..

How do I know this information? I found this photos here:

http://img291.imageshack.us/i/img0024reb.jpg/

http://img10.imageshack.us/i/img0020dtl.jpg/

http://img19.imageshack.us/i/img0028aic.jpg/

Download the full photos and see the details.. you will see the GPS coordinates and was taken on iPhone.. lol...

By the way, other think that proof this photos was not taken in Portugal is the Keyboard of the Macbook, dont have some special characters like "Ç" where is placed the regular english keyboard the character ";"

• Reply 90 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blackmagic70 View Post

That's really cool, how did you see the GPS stuff ?

When I found that, i saw on the photo proprieties, details of Windows 7...

But on iPhoto you can see with geotagging
  • Reply 91 of 127
    The 3 columns on the back of the box are not evenly spaced. If it is real, then that is bad design.

@wobegon,

I see your point, but if the purple or blue variant of 10.5 is not the official box art for 10.6, wouldn't Amazon just use their "Image Not Available" place holder like they do with music or DVDs etc. As far as I know they don't use temp art or early mock up images for those products. This does not pass the smell test.
  • Reply 92 of 127
    That operating system looks pissed.
  • Reply 93 of 127
    [QUOTE=codymr;1466327]The 3 columns on the back of the box are not evenly spaced. If it is real, then that is bad design.

Totally agree with you.. i notice that too...

Im really hoping to this one be a fake.. im watching over and over and over and I work as a designer, so Im always inspired by Apple, and see this design I dont see any "Apple touch design" ... the kind of design that we have absolute sure .. "this is an Apple product"..

some people complain about the space theme, etc.. but when I see that packaging, even not be the tradicional white packaging... i can tell that have the special "apple touch" ...fresh.. and clean... and colors very well balanced
  • Reply 94 of 127
    rokkenrokken Posts: 236member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by codymr View Post

I like the clean white and grey design in this article, but then why is Amazon using this box art advertising the upcoming release? And a blue design for 10.6 Server?

Leads me to think that the Apple Insider post is a fan mock up.

Amazon has removed images of both Snow Leopard and Snow Leopard Server from their pre-order pages so it leads me to think it might be the real deal, though I really hope not.
  • Reply 95 of 127
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teunis View Post

Almost as nice as a wolf shirt. Almost.

Oh that's good!
  • Reply 96 of 127
    jimzipjimzip Posts: 446member
    Quote:

From my point of view I dont thinks this is Real... its just a very well done FAKE...

I think is fake because dont have the touch of apple designers... at all...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleZilla View Post

Nice fake. Now tell me a real release date. I need a new MBP and would like it to ship with Snow Leopard. Please, please be shipping Macs with it by August 28th.

Heheheh. I thought it was a fake when I saw the installer icon. Now I'm thinking it's actually the real deal. It's growing on me though, I do have a soft spot for the big cats.

Jimzip
  • Reply 97 of 127
    The space theme has it's disingenious uses ? you'd be hard pushed to find a desktop picture better suited to hide all those dead/stuck pixels!
  • Reply 98 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Logisticaldron View Post

Quine?s argument is like saying that it?s okay to download the DVD of an unreleased movie so long as you plan to buy it when the DVD is out, or to grab the CD prerelease of a musician so long as you plan to buy it when it comes out. I don?t think the courts would buy that argument.

I think the jury might...
  • Reply 99 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Messiah View Post

I think the jury might...

I don?t think so?

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...-file-sharing/
  • Reply 100 of 127
    wobegonwobegon Posts: 764member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by codymr View Post

@wobegon,

I see your point, but if the purple or blue variant of 10.5 is not the official box art for 10.6, wouldn't Amazon just use their "Image Not Available" place holder like they do with music or DVDs etc. As far as I know they don't use temp art or early mock up images for those products. This does not pass the smell test.

They are using their 'No image available' placeholder:

http://www.amazon.com/Mac-version-10...0541366&sr=8-1