Quote:
    Originally Posted by normis View Post

soooo lame. just as somebody else said - so un-apple

You were saying?
  • Reply 122 of 127
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnmcboston View Post

Here's the box my copy of Snow Leopard will come in :-)

Your box will have a slightly different desktop image.
  • Reply 123 of 127
    dcj001dcj001 Posts: 301member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DanielDecker View Post

All you doubters got pwned and I was RIGHT! Those pictures of the packaging are the real deal.

I own lot's of Apple stuff, but see no need to thump my virtual chest about it.

Congratulations.

But hasn't Mr. H - Language Police helped you with the third word in your signature yet?

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...05&postcount=4

Sometimes, it's good to bring those who brag down to the real world of imperfection.
  • Reply 124 of 127
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

My feeling and final thought on this thread is now that this is not the final box but the box will look mostly like this and 10A432 is one build *before* the Gold Master. The Snow Leopard nebula will remain as a desktop picture included but will not be the main thrust of the design so as to differentiate it from Leopard.

They are going to go with the cat picture, I now thinkz...

I just wanted to QFT that my final prediction on the matter was 90% correct. BOOM!

Now, where's my prize, b*ches?
  • Reply 125 of 127
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

You were saying?

Hi mate ... OK initially I was very surprised by, "it's called Snow Leopard, so, f* it, let's put a picture of Snow Leopard on it! That space stuff, f* it, that's so last week!" Then, the icons at the back of the box don't seem very special, except for the "technology" ones. Then, no ActiveSync Exchange or whatever icon there...

But this is the "new" Apple, so I think they are still feeling their way around without Jobs 100% having his shoe up everyone's *&* ...Here in Malaysia, I know most people don't care about this here puny 3rd-world country, but there is severe, like almost total lack of iPhone 3GS (even though it is officially launched 1 month ago) and severe lack of 15" MacBook Pros available.

In the end, my final prediction on the matter was, well, I think they're just going to put a cat on the box. The first ever time an animal just by itself is featured on any Apple packaging in the past decade or two AFAIK. Welcome to the new Apple.

By the way IMHO August 28th means very likely they are giving 2+ weeks for the hype then iPod/music event squarely in the middle of September.
  • Reply 126 of 127
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

In the end, my final prediction on the matter was, well, I think they're just going to put a cat on the box. The first ever time an animal just by itself is featured on any Apple packaging in the past decade or two AFAIK. Welcome to the new Apple.

There's no new Apple at all. It's the same players. It's all just marketing. That's the way I look at it. The thing I always hated is those gray discs, and I'd say they are still inside the box. Ugly gray discs.
  • Reply 127 of 127
    The same image was used in the Keynote presentation at WWDC. Surprise!!