The Car Thread

Comments

• Reply 41 of 200
    [quote]Originally posted by sizzle chest:

<strong>Golly, it looks like a true and valid (stolen) jpeg to me. Something must be broken.

I guess that's the bad karma I get for referring to the Turbonium when my beetle isn't a turbo.</strong><hr></blockquote>

and also the fact that u tried to link from geocities
  • Reply 42 of 200
    Dirty rotten stinking Geocities. I'll never steal anything from there ever again.
  • Reply 43 of 200
    casecomcasecom Posts: 314member
    1996 Honda Civic LX ... 4-door, dark green.

Well, you asked.
  • Reply 44 of 200
    buggybuggy Posts: 83member
    a 75 VW bug

what else with a name like buggy

BTW too many inocent people dieing by young men who are uncomfortable with their penis sizes so they have to drag race on the city streets.

Use a closed circut like the real men of racing were you can really challange yourself and not take out people enjoying a walk while you try to prove your manhood.
  • Reply 45 of 200
    jutusjutus Posts: 272member
    Falcon: Me too. I drive a

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: jutus ]</p>
  • Reply 46 of 200
    I love WRXs. I almost bought a 2000 Impreza RS because I thought WRXs were never coming to America. I am glad I didn't. Now I hear the WRX STi is coming here for the 2004 model year. I think I will be first in line for one. That is unless I can save up enough for a BMW M3.
  • Reply 47 of 200
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    Look at the <a href="http://www.z32.org/unsorted/mov_shawn_run_11_16.mpeg"; target="_blank">Z car go!</a>

Check out the <a href="http://www.z32.org/unsorted/Dodge.Caravan.vs.Chevrolet.Camaro.mpg"; target="_blank">Dodge Caravan V. Chevy Camaro</a>. Good for a laugh.
  • Reply 48 of 200
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Oh yeah, well I have a 1992 White Plymoth Voyager with just about 100,000 miles, 3 hubcaps, no radio, and bondo on the right door covering bad rust from New England Winters. (The bondo wouldn't be there except that the New Hampshire inspection station thought that the rust was becoming 'dangerous'.

The thing also had 'rot rust' because it sat in the driveway for so long, so it only takes Plus fuel.

Yeah.

You guys can have your wimpy, pretty new cars. Give me a POS that barely runs that I rely on to get to work 100 miles round trip every day over any of those cars any time. (PS: driving is so much worse when you have no radio).
  • Reply 49 of 200
    by a civic

its nothing fancy, but its reliable--the thing just runs forever

we still have an 89 civic w/ like 140k miles (not too much, i know) and still runs beautifully

if u want to get from point A to point B, buy a japanese car--it just works, and w/out a steep price like the dependable cars from europe.

and they dont fall apart like american cars...
  • Reply 50 of 200
    falconfalcon Posts: 458member
    Excellent ride jutus. For a second there I though it was a picture of the wagon version . I was supprised at some of the backlash against the 2002 WRX model from some of the diehard WRX guys, the bug eye headlights and all. Some compared it to a dodge Neon, grrr. Personaly I think its one of the most cool looking cars ever. Ohhhhh yeah.
  • Reply 51 of 200
    Originaly posted on I club

• Reply 52 of 200
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    I love the WRX but to tell you the truth, I think the new front end on the 2002 Neon R/T actually looks better. They made it much better for this model year. What's with the American car bashing? How many of you people have actually owned American cars?
  • Reply 53 of 200
    [quote]Originally posted by G4Dude:

<strong>I love the WRX but to tell you the truth, I think the new front end on the 2002 Neon R/T actually looks better. They made it much better for this model year. What's with the American car bashing? How many of you people have actually owned American cars?</strong><hr></blockquote>

i have, and thats exactly why i bash them
  • Reply 54 of 200
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by _ alliance _:

<strong>

i have, and thats exactly why i bash them</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sorry to hear that. My point is that lots of people bash American cars without even owning one. There are some good American cars out there. My parents' 300M and Expedition have never had ANY problems EVER.
  • Reply 55 of 200
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    Where I grew up and still to this day, foreign (esp. Japanese) cars were very shunned.

If someone has a non-Luxury car in a driveway, like a Honda, it's assumed that they just moved into town or they are having non-family company over.

Seeing TWO or more Hondas or something in ONE driveway is a very rare sight indeed.

I had an excruciating time deciding to buy my M-B 300E a few years back. NOT because I live there any longer, but because I'd have to visit in that car at least once; knowing full well that I'd be questioned about it. And, I was.

JRC
  • Reply 56 of 200
    [quote]Originally posted by JRC:

<strong>Where I grew up and still to this day, foreign (esp. Japanese) cars were very shunned.

If someone has a non-Luxury car in a driveway, like a Honda, it's assumed that they just moved into town or they are having non-family company over.

Seeing TWO or more Hondas or something in ONE driveway is a very rare sight indeed.

I had an excruciating time deciding to buy my M-B 300E a few years back. NOT because I live there any longer, but because I'd have to visit in that car at least once; knowing full well that I'd be questioned about it. And, I was.

JRC</strong><hr></blockquote>

where are u from???

just a few months ago we had 5 hondas in our driveway when everyone was home...ranging from 1989 to 2000 year models...

and im assuming u didnt mean to say "non-luxory" cars, because most luxory cars are imported, and many are made by honda, under the name Acura, of course (but still made by honda...).
  • Reply 57 of 200
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Seb, the Caravan video is awesome isn't it...

Nice example of turbo-lag too.
  • Reply 58 of 200
    jutusjutus Posts: 272member
    Yep.. I bought the wagon.

I sure as hell didn't buy a WRX for it's looks. My car is fugly compared to a new Z or and RSX or anything else on 4 wheels. It's a car I can beat into the ground and back. Also, the wagon allows me to haul ass with a Christmas tree in the car.

Funny, I just moved from Canada to Florida and bought the car here. There are no Subarus in this part of Florida. Everyone drives Buicks and SUVs.

The turbo lag effects things like autocross, but if you can heel-toe, you can keep it spooled coming out of turns. I might get a blow off for the turbo. Right now just about everything on my car is stock, except for the psi gauge.

The great thing is that it is a very unassuming car. No one gives it a second look down here, but if a Mustang GT wants to have a go at it, I can suck off his doors in a straight, through corners, on road, in snow, in sleet, off road, in a FUGLY STATION WAGON.
  • Reply 59 of 200
    If you had gotten the blue one (personal opinion) with flaired fender set it would be one cool looking ass kicken wagon. Kick the snot out of the little civics with cardboard spoilers and useless exhaust that some of the punks drive around here.
  • Reply 60 of 200
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    [quote]Originally posted by _ alliance _:

<strong>

where are u from???

just a few months ago we had 5 hondas in our driveway when everyone was home...ranging from 1989 to 2000 year models...

and im assuming u didnt mean to say "non-luxory" cars, because most luxory cars are imported, and many are made by honda, under the name Acura, of course (but still made by honda...).</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sorry for the typo (luxury). From a Chrysler Corp. town. Went to Walter P. Chrysler High School. The Chevy dealer can't even make a good go of it. And I used to work for the dealership that is now home to Chevy.

Probably about 1% of the cars are import, I'd say. I'll have to take rough estimate next time I'm in town. But, now that Benz and Chrysler merged, there are a few M-Bs around. BUT, most people want/buy Chrysler. Vipers, Prowlers, PT Cruisers, and tons of Durangos, Town & Countrys, 300Ms, etc.

Most of the kids I went to school with had hand-me-down Cudas, SuperBirds, Charger Daytonas and other muscle cars. 340 six packs, 440s, leather drawstring air induction hood scoops, slapstick shifters, etc.

I've done 150 or more in my truck WITH SOMEONE IN THE BED! He looked back, over his shoulder at the speedo through the rear window, and shook his head.