Bandwidth-guzzling iPhone called "Hummer of cellphones"

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by samab View Post

We don't know the exact performance stat on the snapdragon because qualcomm has been late for more than 1 year on delivering it.

Are you suggesting that we should have waited on an iPhone until Qualcomm could deliver this chip to Apple?

Quote:

But what I can tell you is that the first couple of generations of iphone clones that were on Verizon's network --- had smaller batteries and was thinner.

I?ve never read about these clones, but it?s irrelevant as it doesn?t mean that the device had the same duration of use as the current their current offerings nor would have been as efficient as a CDMA/CDMA2000//GSM/W-CDMA iPhone.
  • Reply 142 of 145
    samabsamab Posts: 1,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Logisticaldron View Post

Are you suggesting that we should have waited on an iPhone until Qualcomm could deliver this chip to Apple?

No, I am saying that we don't know what we don't know.

If there are performance problems, Apple could have used "traditional" set-up with separate application processor and baseband processor with a CDMA radio.

This whole discussion started because someone said that including a qualcomm chip would add $40 per phone. It would only cost Apple $5 million to design it and it is not going to cost a lot more per unit to make a CDMA variant.
  • Reply 143 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Logisticaldron View Post

If we did so I wonder when would we get an iPhone..
  • Reply 144 of 145
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Oh yes AT&T I really feel for you. You're multi-billion dollar iPhone gem is such a hog, and users are so selfish and needy....

No....I pay AT&T over $250 a month for 3 people. They can go take a flying _ _ _ _ at the moon. I deserve every bit of bandwidth I can get and more. I'm PAYING for it.