iTunes 9 with app management, LPs, more, unveiled by Apple

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 121
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Multimedia View Post

I don't think I want multiple accounts running on my primary Mac Pro. But I can run iTunes 9 on one of my other 5 Macs here - even share the same library I think. I serve a 1TB library to a 2008 Snow Leopard 8 core Mac Pro from a Leopard Quad G5. I think I can run iTunes 9 on the Leopard Quad G5 pointed at the same library with the same account. That way when I download weekly free videos on the Quad G5 they will still go into the same library the Mac Pro sees.

Thanks for making me think about how to do it here a little more. That's the obvious way to do it. Same account + same library HD = transparent video downloads that will show up on the 8.2.1 version as soon as they're downloaded on the 9 version over where the library lives. Easy Peezy.

So I don't need to protest after all. I'll just run this work around all the time. I wonder if I can easily move the iPhone over to the Quad G5 as well so I can use that improved iPhone applications management feature I do like in 9? Will it erase the whole 32GB of contents so I have to start over when I put the phone over there instead of where it started on the Mac Pro? I'm afraid so. Can anyone help me know the answer to that?

You have a work around, but it’s not an ideal solution. I’d still let Apple know about this “bug" and post it on their forums. I have to assume that if you are sampling that much music a week that you are likely buying more than the average person, too. Anything that can make it easier for people to buy content is good for business.