What did you get for Christmas?

Comments

• Reply 41 of 74
    I was being totally serious, and thanks.
  • Reply 42 of 74
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    I got the SR80's today, and I happen to enjoy them very much, thankyouverymuch. A huge improvment over the MDR-V6s that my dad bought (I think) before I was born.

I wanted the 80's because the bass is said to be a little fuller and richer than the 60's. I haven't listened to the 60's, but most of the reviews I've read of the Grados do in fact say that while the improvement offered by the 80's is neglible, they do have a boomier bass...and yes, I'm one of those jackasses who likes good bass.

Merry Christmas everyone!
  • Reply 43 of 74
    Just curious. Are the $100 headphones really THAT much better than say my pair of Sony MDR-CD60? I think these were maybe 20-30 bucks (forget really) and they sound pretty good to me, definitely WAY better than the cheap ass headphones they give you with CD players. I could certainly notice a change in sound quality. I'm satisfied with mine though and don't think I could budge even if I had the money. I'm looking to do some music stuff soon.
  • Reply 44 of 74
    Here's what I got:
    • LaCie 24x10x40x FireWire Burner

• AIrPort Card/Base Station

• Handspring Visor Prism

• Toast Titanium

• Far Side and Dilbert desk calendars

• Star Trek Ships of the Line Wall Calendar

• Other assorted minor gifts

• $200 cash

• Reply 45 of 74
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Gamecube

The Onion: Dispatches From the Tenth Circle

The Last Hero by Terry Pratchett

Cheder Cheese (Family Joke)

Linux Bible

ect.
  • Reply 46 of 74
    graphiteman truly scored there. Visor Prism...mmm.

I don't know how the Sony phones you have are, Tiger, but the SR80's are definately much better than my old Sony's. Yeesh, I love them. They are itchy, though. Are replacement foam covers sold?
  • Reply 47 of 74

I don't know how the Sony phones you have are, Tiger, but the SR80's are definately much better than my old Sony's. Yeesh, I love them. They are itchy, though. Are replacement foam covers sold?
  • Reply 48 of 74

• Reply 49 of 74
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Say it again, MacAddict!

• Reply 50 of 74
    Here, I'll say it for ya, MacAddict.

• Reply 51 of 74
    Wow, Quad Post!

That will help my post count. Crappy internet connections have their good points.
  • Reply 52 of 74
    Wow, Quad Post!

That will help my post count. Crappy internet connections have their good points.
  • Reply 53 of 74
    I have a feeling your previous post will have a special place in AI history from now on.
  • Reply 54 of 74
    Uh oh. What is with me tonight? God help us.
  • Reply 55 of 74
    I've only had one double post, it was in a PowerBook G4 thread in Future Hardware at the old AI, I think. One of my first posts at AI too.
  • Reply 56 of 74
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    This thread is a nice change. I don't recall seeing it pop up in year's past...

I feel that I made out quite well:
    • Tons of clothes

• Bunches of books

• SoundSticks

• Wacom Tablot

• Sims House Party

• Babylon 5 DVD (<a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000332"; target="_blank">See this thread now!</a>

• An awesome new bed (queen), linens, etc...

• George Foreman grill

• Other real cooking stuff

• Boxes of various contact solutions (if you wear contacts you know how expensive these get!)

• Stanfurd umbrella (Mom's idea of a joke)

• Maybe more... its all upstairs.

But my Mom also got an awesome setup including a new Wega TV and wireless setup. I'm sure see loves having a tech crazy son.
  • Reply 57 of 74
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Well Tiger, as I mentioned in another thread the thought occurred to me to start an AI Gift Fund...the first donation from which would be a couple cases of Dr. Pepper for Mr. 'Cates. Similarly, we should send some cheer your way. How about a case of Bass Ale? Might be more appropriate since you're having woman difficulties.
  • Reply 58 of 74
    Bad Gift:

I got a lottery ticket. It had 3 little scratch off things. If you matched the prize amount in all 3 areas you win that prize.

Scratched first one : 10,000 bucks

scratched second: 10,000 bucks

(thinking to myself...nah, won't ever happen)

scratched third: 10,000 bucks

As I leap into the air with excitement everyone around me is laughing their butts off.....it was a fake lottery ticket from a cheesy store in the mall (Spencer Gifts)

• Reply 59 of 74
    wow, that lottery ticket gift is absolutly terrible.

man, i'd be pissed.
  • Reply 60 of 74
    [quote]Originally posted by Mac Guru:

<strong>BTW Corvette,

That's Brenthaven

Nice bags eh?

Mac guru</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yep, pretty nice bags

I like the leather. Perfect size for iBook