Exclusive photos, video from Microsoft Store grand opening

1356717

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 325
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by red_skittles View Post


    I'm confused. At the top of the page I read that this site is called AppleInsider yet the title of this article is "Exclusive photos, video from Microsoft Store grand opening." Something isn't adding up.



    Same question here...why the HELL is AI promoting Microshaft's highly "innovative" stores now?
  • Reply 42 of 325
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post


    Hey, I'm pretty sure I see Techstud standing there in the crowd. I wonder how he likes his new home away from home. Anything is better than Apple, right?



    No- I was just in the Apple store at lunch.
  • Reply 43 of 325
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post


    Lets remember who has 90% of the OS market.



    I love chest thumping.



    With that much share, do they need a store?



    No, but its MS's desire to try to be cool and boost their image. They want to get that Buzz like Apple does.



    The OS war was over YEARS ago.
  • Reply 44 of 325
    rbonnerrbonner Posts: 635member
    I don't see a ton of products, what do they sell other than Windows and Office? It does not seem to be an experience rich store.
  • Reply 45 of 325
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brlawyer View Post


    Same question here...why the HELL is AI promoting Microshaft's highly "innovative" stores now?



    You see they got this call from Cupertino that told them to whip up the fanbase. Unfortunately it's not working this time because the arguments are so stupid.
  • Reply 46 of 325
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post


    So Apple's #1 rating in customer satisfaction, year after year, just happened by sheer accident. And consumers handing Apple record quarter after record quarter in Mac sales don't actually exist.







    There's a reason MS lost the Premium market and is constantly embarrassed by Apple in nearly every area in which it competes. And that's no accident.



    There is no such thing as a premium market. That is something made up by Apple fanboys to justify that Apple has never broken into double digits in the PC arena.



    Apple creates and arena and will only play in that arena. If they were that proud of their OS and felt that could support the many hardware options MS supports they would have done it a long time ago. Fact is they can't.



    Its not that hard to have the #1 rating in customer service when you are only supporting 9% of the market and have a handful of hardware options.



    Premium market my Velocity mirco system cost more then two 27" iMacs. Apple uses the same hardware as everyone else there isn't anything Premium in their hardware, that is a myth that people like you have talked themselves into believing.
  • Reply 47 of 325
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by msantti View Post


    I love chest thumping.



    Its not chest thumping its just a simply fact.
  • Reply 48 of 325
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,744member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post


    ILets remember who has 90% of the OS market.



    Confined to the bottom-end, and falling.



    MS' share is based on three things:



    Ignorance, intertia, and universal licensing.



    When you think "Premium", "desirable", "innovative", Apple comes to mind. And it's not by accident.



    MS is just sad these days. Ballmer talks a big game about the R&D they're spending in the consumer sphere, but there's no evidence of it.
  • Reply 49 of 325
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Oh No!, APPL is dropping!
  • Reply 50 of 325
    thomprthompr Posts: 1,511member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post


    MS doesn't have to copy Apple. Remember MS is the one that owns 90% of the market. Just because a company decides to take an new direction doesn't mean they are always copying Apple, or scared of Apple. Apple isn't all that scary.



    Don't kid yourself. Apple is very scary. Nokia has noticed it. Google has noticed it. Microsoft finally fired back in commercials.



    You may (correctly) point out that Apple's market share is very small in everything (except MP3 players). The reason that Apple is scary, even with a small percentage, is that it has an impressive acceleration in market share. If they reach a certain "critical mass", then things can change quickly.



    You would be a fool not to consider Apple a threat, and that's why you are seeing the 800 pound Guerillas (Nokia, Google, Microsoft) behaving the way they are.



    Thompson
  • Reply 51 of 325
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    They certainly took a lot of design cues from Apple, but was to be expected.





    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xtss33 View Post


    I take exception to describing the M/S Guru Bar as an answer to Apple's Genius Bar. That implies a reaction with notable improvements when, in fact, it is a copy. So the bar, indeed the entire store, is not "an answer" to the Apple retail experience unless we are talking about the sort of answers that a trained Parrot gives.



    I wonder how it?s going to work out for customers. If you bring in a Mac to an Apple Store and there is a HW issue will ship it off for repair or do it themselves. Is the MS store Gurus going to do that for customers or turn the customer away when the issue is not OS related?
  • Reply 52 of 325
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thompr View Post


    Don't kid yourself. Apple is very scary. Nokia has noticed it. Google has noticed it. Microsoft finally fired back in commercials.



    You may (correctly) point out that Apple's market share is very small in everything (except MP3 players). The reason that Apple is scary, even with a small percentage, is that it has an impressive acceleration in market share. If they reach a certain "critical mass", then things can change quickly.



    You would be a fool not to consider Apple a threat, and that's why you are seeing the 800 pound Guerillas (Nokia, Google, Microsoft) behaving the way they are.



    Thompson



    You left out Verizon - and they don't take no sheet.

    Their commercials are ossum!
  • Reply 53 of 325
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,744member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post


    There is no such thing as a premium market. That is something made up by Apple fanboys to justify that Apple has never broken into double digits in the PC arena.



    Apple creates and arena and will only play in that arena. If they were that proud of their OS and felt that could support the many hardware options MS supports they would have done it a long time ago. Fact is they can't.



    Its not that hard to have the #1 rating in customer service when you are only supporting 9% of the market and have a handful of hardware options.



    Premium market my Velocity mirco system cost more then two 27" iMacs. Apple uses the same hardware as everyone else there isn't anything Premium in their hardware, that is a myth that people like you have talked themselves into believing.



    There is such a thing. Every sector of retail has a Premium market. Do you honestly think the market is one big market with no divisions??



    Right, and Bugatti targets the average consumer. Patek-Phillippe targets lower incomes. Too funny.



    You might not think Apple puts out a Premium product. But consumers decide that, and the industry responds. There is an acknoweledged Premium market in tech. Makes no difference who created it.
  • Reply 54 of 325
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post


    Hey, I'm pretty sure I see Techstud standing there in the crowd. I wonder how he likes his new home away from home. Anything is better than Apple, right?



    teckstud is the dog shit someone stepped on, it's probably staining someone's shoes...you won't see that in the picture
  • Reply 55 of 325
    frankiefrankie Posts: 372member
    I wonder how many people per day will walk in wanting to buy an ipod or iphone and get dumbfounded looks!\
  • Reply 56 of 325
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    They certainly took a lot of design cues from Apple, but was to be expected.







    I wonder how it?s going to work out for customers. If you bring in a Mac to an Apple Store and there is a HW issue will ship it off for repair or do it themselves. Is the MS store Gurus going to do that for customers or turn the customer away when the issue is not OS related?



    Do you think the Burger King fanboys bash every new McDonalds for copying their stores and vice versa?
  • Reply 57 of 325
    thomprthompr Posts: 1,511member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post


    There is no such thing as a premium market. That is something made up by Apple fanboys to justify that Apple has never broken into double digits in the PC arena.



    Apple creates and arena and will only play in that arena. If they were that proud of their OS and felt that could support the many hardware options MS supports they would have done it a long time ago. Fact is they can't.



    Its not that hard to have the #1 rating in customer service when you are only supporting 9% of the market and have a handful of hardware options.



    Premium market my Velocity mirco system cost more then two 27" iMacs. Apple uses the same hardware as everyone else there isn't anything Premium in their hardware, that is a myth that people like you have talked themselves into believing.



    Extremeskater-



    Apple has over 90% of the US PC market of computers priced above $1,000. This is a fact.



    Call that market what you want (the previous poster invented the term "premium"). But you can't dismiss it.



    My hunch is that you didn't realize that statistic.



    Thompson
  • Reply 58 of 325
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    That picture of the storefront with nothing but a logo at the top looks kind of familiar.....

























    Oh yeah!



  • Reply 59 of 325
    I will definitely visit their store if and when they open one around here. Copying is easy, but it's getting the details right that's hard. I'll withhold opinion further until I see it for myself... hee, hee!
  • Reply 60 of 325
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thompr View Post


    Extremeskater-



    Apple has over 90% of the US PC market of computers priced above $1,000. This is a fact.



    Call that market what you want (the previous poster invented the term "premium"). But you can't dismiss it.



    My hunch is that you didn't realize that statistic.



    Thompson



    I thought they had 100%. \

    Is the other 10% for the MAcBook priced at $999?
Sign In or Register to comment.