Apple targets 3 new Get a Mac ads at Windows 7 (with videos)

Comments

• Reply 81 of 371
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by red_skittles View Post

Can you please explain to me, with this slew of terrible releases why Windows holds a 95% market share

88.9%. MS share has nosedived over the past five years. The entire company has been in a steady downward slide.

1) universal licensing

2) ignorance

3) inertia

The Three Pillars of Microsoft.
  • Reply 82 of 371
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

No, no... they just think people who don't want to build their own PCs are idiots.

Thing is, it's not building. It's assembling a few parts together. It's easy to 'assemble' a PC these days because the parts are so few. It's not like it's a house or car. It takes 10-15 minutes. I recently bought an Ikea TV stand for my flat screen here in Japan. The thing came with glue, wooden bolts [I forget the name of those things] and screws, alan key and I needed my own rubber frikkin' hammer. It took THREE HOURS to assemble. Ikea shit is a lot more troublesome to assemble than a PC.

Why do people always talk about Windows market share anyway when talking about Mac vs. PC? It doesn't mean anything other than there are a lot of people who won't pay more than $500 for a computer and those same people don't mind installing other crap to protect their PCs. Not to mention that market share was largely created by Asia years ago. That's like 30% of the world's population. Back in the day Macs didn't even exist in Asia so that pro-rated share means jack. Like I said in my previous post McDonalds burgers are the worst food you could pay for yet...80 billion sold. I'll take a gourmet burger over McDonalds any time even though it will be three times the price.

It's actually easy to "build" your own kit car and people do it every day. How many people build their own Lexus SC lol Ain't gonna work. You can't even get the parts on volume. While you pay a premium for the Lexus and maybe even a little too much sometimes, it's worth every penny when your driving down the PCH with the sun in your face.

If you could ask Gene Roddenberry what his idea of future tech was he'd say a Mac/iPod Touch not Windows 7 / Zune. Cringe.

I have no reason to own a Winblows machine so there's no reason for me to visit Winblows or MS forums. But there sure a lot of Winblows and MS users on AI. I guess PC users like to dream Macs.
  • Reply 83 of 371
    al_bundyal_bundy Posts: 1,525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fbrider View Post

macs are still to expensive for the average customer. When the new macbook pros and recently the imacs came out, sales at my work were pretty much the same as any other day. today windows 7 was released and we were over 300% of budget for pcs.... what does this say i wonder....

if you configure a dell with the same specs as the new imacs then the price is the same or Apple is cheaper. And Dell's LCD's don't seem to be LED ones. Apple just doesn't have any computer worth buying under $1199.

It's just a question of do you want to spend $1199 or $1499 on a computer? I don't have any preference of Windows 7 or OS X, but if the price is the same i will most likely choose Apple over Dell or HP any day. if I buy a MBP, at least the battery is warrantied for the same time as the computer. I bought a Dell Inspiron 5 or 6 years ago which still works great even with Vista and Windows 7 and I bought a 3 year warranty for it. i tried to get a new battery and Dell said that it's only covered for a year even though the rest of the computer is for 3 years. I spent $1500 on that laptop because Dell was having a huge sale at the time with a $750 off coupon and I upgraded almost everything.

I just got a cheapo 23" LCD at work, and i might just stop by the Apple store today to see what the LED LCD's look like
  • Reply 84 of 371
    rindrind Posts: 66member
    Really like the new ads !

After watching the ads the aspect that remained with me was

1 Customer Satisfaction

2 Windows 7 is more of the same from MS

I have never used a Mac for more the 5 minutes in the store but do plan on buying one in 2010. The user experience I had with the Macbook Pro far exceeded my expectations.

Something that no MS OS has ever done.

I have used Windows 7 and it reminds me to much of Vista.

Current Hardware Lineup:

Dell XPS Vista - Gaming PC for DDO / WOW

Home Build PC XP Pro

HP Laptop from work XP that will be upgraded to 7 next year from what IT is telling me.

Competition is good, but some of you really need to calm down and realize that not everyone wants to use a PC / MAC and neither is a wrong choice depending on what you need it for.

I will buy a Macbook pro because i want a laptop to do light gaming in a small form.

There are Windows Laptops that will do that , however they are only a little bit cheaper then the macbook pro , and sometimes more costly.
  • Reply 85 of 371
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    These are about as far as you can get with stretching the truth. If the public believes them, it could help a lot. However, if they find Win7 to be a big improvement (as most who have actually tried it have), then Apple stands to loose a lot of credibility.
  • Reply 86 of 371
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

88.9%. MS share has nosedived over the past five years. The entire company has been in a steady downward slide.

1) universal licensing

2) ignorance

3) inertia

The Three Pillars of Microsoft.

or Vista and iPods/iPhones - takes your pick
  • Reply 87 of 371
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbJGz...ayer_embedded#

Epic failure needs no translation.

Somehow makes the new Get a mac ads all the more obvious.
  • Reply 88 of 371
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

I couldn't agree more.

Ha ha- very clever. But a slght difference- I'm not spending MILLION$ doing it.\

Stop watching me, Stop watching me, so creepy!!
  • Reply 89 of 371
    Quote:

See what happens if you let Microsoft make the food...!

http://www.burgerkingjapan.co.jp/news/win7.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCHhW...layer_embedded

Did someone mention 'bloat'?!

• Reply 90 of 371
    Quote:

I couldn't agree more.

Greatest. Post. Ever.
  • Reply 91 of 371
    Quote:

I thought it was another Japanese game show..damn

Now who is to blame SONY or MS, great example why I bought a Mac, not because of the failure, but because at least if the OS fails I can shout at ONE person.

At least it was not the "blue screen" brand image that MS uses all the time
  • Reply 92 of 371
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

Now who is to blame SONY or MS, great example why I bought a Mac, not because of the failure, but because at least if the OS fails I can shout at ONE person.

Exactly. It doesn't matter if it is the screen's fault. It is still part of the PC experience. And if someone were to lug this thing into a Microsoft store and ask a Guru to help them out, what do you think would happen?
  • Reply 93 of 371
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ifail View Post

Oh and clocked my 2nd boot up on W7.... 19 seconds, not bad if I say so

Quote:

Apple Time Capsule? I hear their quite reliable

Quote:

Your right building a PC isn't impressive when all you do is ....

iFail basic English.
  • Reply 94 of 371
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Stop watching me, Stop watching me

Just giving you the attention you deserve. Isn't that why you are posting, for the attention?
  • Reply 95 of 371
    Quote:

t-e-c-k-s-t-u-d

Ouch.
  • Reply 96 of 371
    Quote:

Totally agree. Apple is really running scared - so obvious. Has any company ever attacked another product this soon - in ad history? I would expect a stock drop today.

No, I think Schiller is exactly right

- the best way for Apple to treat the Windows 7 launch is to treat it as an opertunity

- it will create 'churn'

- people who have been holding back waiting for Win7 could also now look at the Mac as an alternative

- so Apple is just treating every new PC buyer as a potential Mac buyer

- coming after their best Q yet for Mac sales, and just after launchg the new Macs, I think it makes perfect sense...
  • Reply 97 of 371
    Quote:

I couldn't agree more.

Slam. Dunk.
  • Reply 98 of 371
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

At least it was not the "blue screen" brand image that MS uses all the time

To be fair, they got their act together for a second go 50 mins later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_gkL...response_watch

- so obviously it was some problem with the touchscreen...
  • Reply 99 of 371
    Quote:

Stop watching me, Stop watching me, so creepy!!

If you didn't make yourself so obviously loud, frequent, and visible, it would be easier to stop watching you.

Something about your behavior suggests that you seem to get the jollies out of creeping yourself out.
  • Reply 100 of 371
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    Dell Studio 17 (N0074502).................................MacBook Pro 15

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total : 1 049,01 €...................................1 599,00 € TVA incl.

Composants

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor ............2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

P8700 (2.53 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB,

3 MB L2 cache)

Windows® 7 �dition Familiale Premium

authentique РFran̤ais

Microsoft® Works 9.0 - French

1 year of coverage included

with your PC

17.3” High Definition+ (1600x900)........15 pouces comprend un écran

LED with TL.........................................rétroà ©clairé par LED 1440-par-900

4096MB 1333MHz Dual Channel..............4Go 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2Go

DDR3 SDRAM [2x2048]

1TB (5.400rpm) Serial ATA....................Disque dur Serial ATA de 250 Go

Dual Hard Drive (2x 500GB)..................(5400 trs/min)

512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570........NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Fixed Internal DVD+/-RW Slot Load Drive

including Software

Primary 6-cell 56 WHr.............................Batterie intégrée

Lithium Ion battery.................................d'une autonomie de 7 heures

Dell Wireless 1397 Mini Card

(802.11 b/g)

2.0 Mega pixel Integrated Web Camera......Webcam iSight

1 Meter Power Cord (3 Wire) - European

French Documentation

N1174502

1 year of coverage included with your PC

Studio 1745 Order - France

Studio 1745 Resource DVD

(Diagnostic & Drivers)

90W AC Adaptor

Silver chainlink palm rest