Users report issues with Apple's new Core i7-based iMac

15678911»

Comments

• Reply 201 of 206
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gpedrick View Post

First I would like to say hello to everyone. Just got my first Mac 3days ago and I'm already disgusted.

I was so excited my new Mac finally arrived I pulled it out of the box and got everything set on my desk. I pushed the power button and everything seemed normal. The intro video started and just when I believe the silver i started to appear everything just froze.

I restarted the system and everything went without a problem the second time. Now since than I've lost count of how many times the system has froze.

Seems to have a mind of it own. Most of the time it will freeze when i wake the computer up from being asleep and start to put my password in. I get about half the password type and everything is already froze. Other times I can have any of the programs open and most of the time it has been without a flaw. Other times it happens as soon as i open a program. The curser wont even move.

I called tech support. The tech had me go into a few things but nothing was resolved. I think I'm going to call back and demand a new computer.

Never buy a first generation high tech product.

iMac 27 are a new product.

Better wait a few weeks/months.

http://discussions.apple.com/search....5&rankBy=10001
  • Reply 202 of 206
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,828member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gpedrick View Post

First I would like to say hello to everyone. Just got my first Mac 3days ago and I'm already disgusted.

I was so excited my new Mac finally arrived I pulled it out of the box and got everything set on my desk. I pushed the power button and everything seemed normal. The intro video started and just when I believe the silver i started to appear everything just froze.

I restarted the system and everything went without a problem the second time. Now since than I've lost count of how many times the system has froze.

Seems to have a mind of it own. Most of the time it will freeze when i wake the computer up from being asleep and start to put my password in. I get about half the password type and everything is already froze. Other times I can have any of the programs open and most of the time it has been without a flaw. Other times it happens as soon as i open a program. The curser wont even move.

I called tech support. The tech had me go into a few things but nothing was resolved. I think I'm going to call back and demand a new computer.

First of all - sorry to hear of your experience!

Secondly - welcome to AI.

In respect of Apple desktop systems, of which I have owned a few since my first, a 512K mac (which was one of the earliest models), I've had 2 power supply failures. Generally, the startup experience is a very happy one. Regardless of whether or not you've bought a first generation system, you deserve that same experience. I am equally certain that Apple will do right by you. Be persistent and just work your way up the corporate ladder if necessary, although you shouldn't be expected to and probably won't need to. Please let us know how you get on.

All the best.
  • Reply 203 of 206
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IQatEdo View Post

First of all - sorry to hear of your experience!

Secondly - welcome to AI.

In respect of Apple desktop systems, of which I have owned a few since my first, a 512K mac (which was one of the earliest models), I've had 2 power supply failures. Generally, the startup experience is a very happy one. Regardless of whether or not you've bought a first generation system, you deserve that same experience. I am equally certain that Apple will do right by you. Be persistent and just work your way up the corporate ladder if necessary, although you shouldn't be expected to and probably won't need to. Please let us know how you get on.

All the best.

As I just said, Apple listened to me :

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...ay_issues.html

And I just worked 2 hours with an Apple tech who adivsed : just wait a little on the 27.
  • Reply 204 of 206
    I have the same issue with Flash on my 2 year old MBP (2.4 Ghz, 4Gb RAM, 10.6.2). Its caused by Adobe Flash being written by complete muppets!
  • Reply 205 of 206
    You've got mail! Er... I mean, update: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...ing_issue.html

Not sure how it would help if you have other issues... All the best anyways this Christmas.
  • Reply 206 of 206
    gotgot Posts: 3member
    Reporting my faulty 27", 2.8MHz, Quad-Core i7, iMac (8GB RAM, 2TB HD):

1) CPU fan spinning constant out of control @ around 4000 RPM.

2) Yellow coloring on lower half of screen.

3) iMac would NOT stay awake after being woken up.

Took it to the Apple Store and they wanted to replace the power-supply, logic-board, CPU fan and several cables. I opted to get a brand new computer (like I paid for) replacement (due middle of January). I'm hoping Apple has everything ironed out by then and my brand-new ultimate all-in-one iMac with the "Ultimate Display" is flawless like my previous 3 iMacs and 1 G4 tower.