Apple schedules special event for Jan. 26, 2010 - report

Comments

• Reply 61 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Just get the Core i5 iMac 27". That will last you for a few years. The video card, ATI 4850 512MB is quite nice too.

I might just have to do that. I have been looking at 21.5 tho, but the idea of a 27 gets me excited. After all, it is Christmas.
  • Reply 62 of 132
    TEeeeheheeeeehehehheheeee!!!!!!!!

Hey naysayers, (naysayers = morons) MACTOUCH FTW!
  • Reply 63 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Y.M.S.BUSHAN View Post

May be Mac Tablet or Tablet Mac.....

it is unlikely they will use Mac in the name given the rumors that it is going to run the iphone OS. "mac" could confuse folks.

as for what else they could be doing --

new ilife and iwork

whatever the LaLa.com buy was all about

the subscription tv service
  • Reply 64 of 132
    iPod...iPhone...iBook
  • Reply 65 of 132
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

Right. Plus new iPhone-style iLife apps (iMovie and Garage Band) and iWorks apps. and an optional 3g data only 2 year contract plan to subsidize the price down to $199.

Quick someone check to see if iWork and/or iLife have any iPhone tags in the software!
  • Reply 66 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

TEeeeheheeeeehehehheheeee!!!!!!!!

Hey naysayers, (naysayers = morons) MACTOUCH FTW!

I won't say nay, but I will say "ain't gonna happen".
  • Reply 67 of 132
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sippincider View Post

Whatever it is, I wonder if there'll be a SuperBowl commercial.

1984 all over again?

Start the trailer for 2010: The Year We Make Contact (1984) at about 1min:35sec.
    It may be a bit esoteric for most people 25 years later but I think the theme music, the statements made about something wonderful happened and the giant “tablet” floating in space could make for a great teaser ad during the Super Bowl. They can even use the tagline, “2010: The Year We Make Tablet” with an alteration of the cover art, below. If I have photoshopping skills I’d make a mockup.
  • Reply 68 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dave K. View Post

MacPad

Quote:

BEST NAME ever. Seriously. I'm liking this.

I like the name but if they go that route the average user would assume that Mac desktop and notebook apps will run on the Mac tablet. I don?t see that happening so I have to assume that it won?t have the Mac anywhere in the name.

I like Newton but I wonder if it?s too soon to resurrect the name or how Jobs feels about the name since that was started pre-Jobs. Are there any other Apple related terms that will work? (jokes welcome)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gxcad View Post

I'm thinking it would be a bit early for a Macbook Pro refresh... I'm thinking those will be more in the March/April timeframe, along with updated Mac Pros

According to the MacRumours buyers guide we are exactly at the 200 day average point for new MBPs. With 32nm ?Arrandale?s coming out in early next year I think this update will be held back until Apple can use those babies.
  • Reply 69 of 132
    MacBook Pro with the following:

17" 1080p LED display

Intel Core i9 CPU (12 threads)

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5970 GPU

1 TB 7200 RPM hard drive

USB 3.0

Blu-Ray RW CD/DVD/BD slot load drive

OLED keyboard
  • Reply 70 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Imagine Engine View Post

MacBook Pro with the following:

17" 1080p LED display

Intel Core i9 CPU (12 threads)

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5970 GPU

1 TB 7200 RPM hard drive

USB 3.0

Blu-Ray RW CD/DVD/BD slot load drive

OLED keyboard

Are actually being serious here? Core-i9 with 12 threads? Dual 500GB 2.5? HDDs? Blu-ray despite no OS support to date? OLED keyboard?
  • Reply 71 of 132
    [QUOTE=solipsism;1539034]Start the trailer for 2010: The Year We Make Contact (1984) at about 1min:35sec.
    It may be a bit esoteric for most people 25 years later but I think the theme music, the statements made about something wonderful happened and the giant ?tablet? floating in space could make for a great teaser ad during the Super Bowl. /QUOTE]

Looking forward to Jupiter turning into a second sun next year so we can eliminate nightfall on earth. Guess I wont need to use my backlit keyboard anymore.
  • Reply 72 of 132
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I won't say nay, but I will say "ain't gonna happen".

For the last two....goodness make that almost THREE years now it has been easy to dismiss the incoming asteroid light years away as being non-existent.

But now, as the giant, Texas sized asteroid takes up half the night's sky it's kinda hard, no...make that surreal for anyone...ANYONE to deny now that it's coming.

And when it arrives it's gonna land hard! Tick tock!

So whho was that guy who said he was going to have mactouchftw.com up online? Well anyway, I'm still going to start my mactouch fTW celebration thread right before January 26th. I'll look for you all there at that time.
  • Reply 73 of 132
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Start the trailer for 2010: The Year We Make Contact (1984) at about 1min:35sec.
    It may be a bit esoteric for most people 25 years later but I think the theme music, the statements made about something wonderful happened and the giant “tablet” floating in space could make for a great teaser ad during the Super Bowl. They can even use the tagline, “2010: The Year We Make Tablet” with an alteration of the cover art, below. If I have photoshopping skills I’d make a mockup.

And they could have the baby's face be that of Steve Jobs. LOL somehow I think that would fit.

EDIT: Quick, someone photoshop that space baby from the movie to have Steve Jobs's face! That make an awesome picture.
  • Reply 74 of 132
    What about announcement that pesky screening process is removed from AppStore ?
  • Reply 75 of 132
    Nice, the MacPad is a good name.

A tablet is still a tablet. Unless there is some sort of unforeseen paradigm shift yet to be explained, I don't have much use for one myself.

Back when I was in college, it would've been nice if there was a tablet that had the publishers of school books on board with them, selling downloadable copies, to disrupt the old economy of overpriced used books for college kids. And some sort of split screen mode where they could read and take notes/do homework at the same time.
  • Reply 76 of 132
    Oh, my! "iSomething"! "something-Tab"!

How cheap, clueless and irrelevant! How low Apple's creativity and imagination are rated!

Ptooie, ptooie, ptooie...
  • Reply 77 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jerseymac View Post

Looking forward to Jupiter turning into a second sun next year so we can eliminate nightfall on earth. Guess I wont need to use my backlit keyboard anymore.

Actually, Mars would be better. Then we'd have no more excuse not to use solar power, having 2 suns and what not. Though most of the earth would be uninhabitable. \

2010 wasn't actually that bad a movie. Too bad Space Odyssey 3001 was a terrible, terrible book.
  • Reply 78 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ivan.rnn01 View Post

Oh, my! "iSomething"! "something-Tab"!

How cheap, clueless and irrelevant! How low Apple's creativity and imagination are rated!

Ptoo, ptoo, ptoo...

MaxiPad.
  • Reply 79 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brainless View Post

What about announcement that pesky screening process is removed from AppStore ?

Well, that announcement might as well be done with strippers, cause no screening on AppStore would probably mean it would be flooded with pr0n.
  • Reply 80 of 132
    Quote:

MaxiPad.

No, no! MaxiPæd.