'Minor issues' could result in June launch for $999 Apple tablet - report

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 109
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

Can I interest you in a slightly used bridge Sir?

Sure. Just send me its dimensions to make sure it is wide enough from my private jet

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Yeah, but you're a fanboy.

Aren't we all?
  • Reply 102 of 109
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

Thanks for the info... but I should have been more pointed as to say "the client" or "desktop" software and systems. Yes, I am quite aware that the backroom stuff still runs UNIX variants. I have 2 clients (still) on AS400's. Works well for them... and is reliable "as sunrise". A large number of the workers still use Win2000... for those very reasons.

Windows is great for the Enterprise. Linux has the problem of not being user friendly while Mac OS X has the problem of being tied to one HW vendor. Despite all the flaws of Windows is secure in business for a long time to come.

Chrome OS is the first non-Windows OS that may get any headway in client computers in the Enterprise but it won?t be much. Internet or web-based intranet terminals. For example, use for filling out web-based application for company in HR.
  • Reply 103 of 109
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

I agree with your sentiments but Kathryn Huberty of Morgan Stanley surpassed even Wu as a moron.

I can't remember Wu EVER getting anything right!
  • Reply 104 of 109
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

Aren't we all?

Certainly not. Steve (Jobs) is probably a jerk in real life, there I said it.
  • Reply 105 of 109
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Certainly not. Steve (Jobs) is probably a jerk in real life, there I said it.

Probably? He sure seems like a pompous, arrogant, pedantic megalomanic to me. Of course, that is the kind of person I want running a company like Apple.
  • Reply 106 of 109
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jeffhendricks View Post

The proposed $999.00 price tag is way too sexy for apple to go with anything lower or higher. It's just the perfect number.

If that what it costs to turn a hefty profit, then sure, but they don?t usually price their products into the same categories. With many already thinking it will have Mac OS X and act as a replacement for MacBook, which makes no sense to me, I think that no more than $899 is much more likely.
  • Reply 107 of 109
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jeffhendricks View Post

The proposed $999.00 price tag is way too sexy for apple to go with anything lower or higher. It's just the perfect number.

It's 666 upside down. I need not say more.
  • Reply 108 of 109
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zindako View Post

I'm not buying a tablet for $999.00, sorry, but I will wait till the price drops to half in two years.

lol - the price might be down to $999.99 in two years. Good luck!

The One Grand mark was mentioned with a 7 inch screen - now they're saying bigger (which is what I've been hearing all along - 10"). I hope it isn't so but I've been told $1500 is going to be the baseline price.

If we hear $1200 any time soon it'll be $1500 by June.
  • Reply 109 of 109
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

It's 666 upside down. I need not say more.